Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
See ya later TS, congrats on 3 in a row. I hope to be joining you soon as we all do.

First off, Congrats to TwoSolitudes!

From what I've been reading, a few of us (myself included) should be joining him soon enough.

Hopefully he'll save us a few seats.

Boy I went the wrong direction yesterday. Could not hit my Driver or 3w, so I settled for the 3H off the tee. Still my game was a mess and my head was not in the game. Lost a ton crap of balls, just a rough day in general. I need to find an instructor and get my drives figured out.

Enjoyed the day though, played a course near my office that is $15 after 5 and it is not that busy, so I am going to try for once a week.

Enjoyed the day though

That's all that matters...I'm working on trying to remember that, especially after my 'meltdown' a few weeks ago.

THat is the key, try to remember to have fun. I had my miserable round a couple of weeks ago and since it is comming back and getting better each round. Going out later so we'll see if this holds true. :D

Played 18 yesterday, man my driver and 3w are a mess :banghead: We played the last 9 as a scramble due to time, but I know I did not have a chance at breaking 100.

Did It

Did It

I didn't have any posts leading up to this one, but I'm happy to report I broke a 100 over the weekend. I have recently gotten back into golf and deal with over-swinging past parallel and the resultant slice. That's lead me to take one thing at a time and tee off with hybrids, leaving the woods in the bag in order to stay out of trouble.

Anyway, I'm happy to break 100 finally. And I was playing with my father-in-law and brother-in-lawon a course I haven't played in 7 years!

I played well enough (even par through the first 3) on the front nine to know that I didn't want to know what I shot. Turns out it was a 45. I finished out with a scary run of a double-quad-double but balanced 'em with a par and a few bogeys to card a 48 for a 93. Closer to 90 than 100!

I felt so good I didn't even check work email that evening, for fear of losing the happiness.

Next stop, another sub-100 I hope.

And promptly shot a 54 at lunch today.

My driver was on fire today! I shot a 96.
It sure helps when your second shot is wedge from the fairway instead of an 8 or 7 from the rough.

Shot a 98 today for my 2nd round under 100 this year. Had the usual fat and thin shots but overall felt good about the day. We had a great time so my score was really just secondary

Nice job CCR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I shot a 110 today :( I still need work on my shots that are between my driver and the wedges...I still struggle on the fairway...It was nice to almost have 2 chips that went in, they both hit the pin :angry:

Went out for a late round yesterday, and promptly developed a case of the shanks for the first few holes, did not bother to keep score because I knew were not going to get 18 in. I lost a lot of balls yesterday but it was still a good day and I made good progress with the driver.

finally made it. shot 51 on the front, 46 on the back. The key for sure was consistency, only blowing up on one hole (shot an 8 on a par 5).

My driver was on, hit the fairway at least 85-90% of the time, and when I missed it I was just barely in the rough. Chipping and teeing off with irons on par 3's killed me today.

Now just gotta keep doing it and eventually break 90!

Welcome, you find it easy to drop 10-15 shots from your current 120 avg, then last few that get you under 100 seem to be the biggest challenge, for me it was keeping it in the fairway and mental.

Where abouts are you in Bay, I was born and raised in San Jose.

Im in Sunnyvale. My biggest prob as of late is getting off the tee.

Congrats gigantor!

45 on the front.52 on the back.Lost a ball off the tee and took a 9 on a par 4 on the back.

Nice job, jefffann!

Good job jeff! Where was that? Painted Hills?

And super job WR! A 91 to break 100!

Well I went out and played 9 holes today with my mother-in-law. It was the first time I picked up a golf club in 3 weeks and the first time I have played in probably 2 months, maybe even more. I shot a 53 and that included two penalty strokes for lost balls. I had to take a breakfast ball off the tee on #1 because our range was still closed due to flooding and my first shot was a hook right into the woods. I was nervous on the first two holes but played alright with a double bogey and bogey. I was actually doing quite well until the 5th hole and then the dreaded slice came back and I hit my ball into the wrong fairway. I tried to punch it out but got frazzled and took a full swing which landed my ball in a tree and it never came back down, so I had to take a penalty stroke for that one. I also lost a ball on #9. We saw it bounce out of the bunker and we thought it would be just outside the lip but we could never find it so we just moved on, I took the penalty and a drop.

Nothing was really great today but nothing (except that slice on #5) was too terribly bad either. I was actually pretty pleased with my overall ball striking. I just need to work on course management. I do think part of the reason my score was lower is because I managed to avoid every sand trap and I think we have something like 60 on the front 9, so that was pretty exciting! Overall, I am pleased and I am very much looking forward to playing with Biggsy and Mrs. Biggsy on Monday.

it's always tough to get back in the swing with a lay off like that. Nice job GG!
Well I went out and played 9 holes today with my mother-in-law. It was the first time I picked up a golf club in 3 weeks and the first time I have played in probably 2 months, maybe even more. I shot a 53 and that included two penalty strokes for lost balls. I had to take a breakfast ball off the tee on #1 because our range was still closed due to flooding and my first shot was a hook right into the woods. I was nervous on the first two holes but played alright with a double bogey and bogey. I was actually doing quite well until the 5th hole and then the dreaded slice came back and I hit my ball into the wrong fairway. I tried to punch it out but got frazzled and took a full swing which landed my ball in a tree and it never came back down, so I had to take a penalty stroke for that one. I also lost a ball on #9. We saw it bounce out of the bunker and we thought it would be just outside the lip but we could never find it so we just moved on, I took the penalty and a drop.

Nothing was really great today but nothing (except that slice on #5) was too terribly bad either. I was actually pretty pleased with my overall ball striking. I just need to work on course management. I do think part of the reason my score was lower is because I managed to avoid every sand trap and I think we have something like 60 on the front 9, so that was pretty exciting! Overall, I am pleased and I am very much looking forward to playing with Biggsy and Mrs. Biggsy on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back