Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all. new to the forum, but have been in this prestigious club all year. Just started playing last year after not playing in over 10 years, and I'm having a blast.

I went out Sunday and played horrible at my regular course. We hit a few balls at the range before hand, and I just felt 'off'. Went downhill from there and stopped keeping score around 13. Was pretty frustrated but just have to forget about it and move on. 2 weeks ago I shot 104, this week I was on pace for 120+.. My usual is 100 - 110.

Putting is killing me this year.
Chipping near the green is stabbing me in the back.
Hitting the fairways with my driver is a nightmare. Left, right, up, down, anywhere but the middle.
Second shots on par 5's are horrific.

Welcome to the forum gigantor! Take a minute introduce yourself in the check-in thread. Good luck on your quest to break 100 ;)

Had a very bad 13 holes yesterday. Two four-putts to start the round. I was being punished for something, I think. I'm definitely going to start lessons very soon, heh.

I did it! FINALLY. I shot a best ever 94 this morning. The key was simply keeping the ball in play and playing safe the few holes I wasn't in the fairway instead of trying shots I know I'm not going to pull off. Driver was consistent. Irons were great. Putting started to come back again. Now I just need to back it up the next rounds to see if it was a fluke.

I did it! FINALLY. I shot a best ever 94 this morning. The key was simply keeping the ball in play and playing safe the few holes I wasn't in the fairway instead of trying shots I know I'm not going to pull off. Driver was consistent. Irons were great. Putting started to come back again. Now I just need to back it up the next rounds to see if it was a fluke.

BIG CONGRATS! I'm so happy that it all came together for you, China :)

My two rounds after breaking 100 were not as good, but I do know I can do it. No flukes dude. You broke it. Hell, you destroyed it!

Nicely done CCR!!!

Congrats CCR!! Thats a real nice score, keep it up!

thanks everyone. you know...its funny how I went from massive frustration to in love with the game again in 2 days. I was super relaxed today and just had fun. I didnt even look at the score until I totaled it up in the car. I had to check it 3 times because I couldnt believe it was right. lol...stupid game

I think Arn was with ya on the course today. Sweet score man and congrats!!! Good relaxing round with a best score is something you deserve. Good stuff China.
thanks everyone. you know...its funny how I went from massive frustration to in love with the game again in 2 days. I was super relaxed today and just had fun. I didnt even look at the score until I totaled it up in the car. I had to check it 3 times because I couldnt believe it was right. lol...stupid game

That's the way we're supposed to play right? It's just unfortunate than there are folks out there concerned with 'the number'. Go out and enjoy the outdoors, crack a few, and have fun! Good job CCR!

Great feeling isnt it?? I figure if we can repeat it 3 times we can graduate to the trying to break 90 club! Keeping it in play was the key for me as well.

Great feeling isnt it?? I figure if we can repeat it 3 times we can graduate to the trying to break 90 club! Keeping it in play was the key for me as well.

yeah it does feel good...especially since I wasn't expecting to break 100. I was just looking at my stats for the round (love golfshot on the iphone!) and I only hit 8/14 fairways. The driver is just killing me. yes I got a par on the longest hole on the course. go figure

China, congrats!

Ditto, I backed up my 96 with a 100 so I have some work to do.

China, congrats!

Ditto, I backed up my 96 with a 100 so I have some work to do.

I had 3 straight rounds of 100 before this. It sucks but at least you know you were 1 putt away from breaking 100 again.

Way to go, CC Rider! The power of The Horsemen is with you!

I'm in this one. I have yet to break 100.

ok...I played 36 today. two different courses including one I have never played. shot 103 on both. I could have EASILY knocked off 5 strokes each round if I followed my own advice and played it safe and took my time with shots. I have a bad habit of rushing my shots. Don't know how I developed this poor habit but I have always done that. I really want to develop a pre-shot routine to relax before swinging.

On the back 9 of the first round I decided to ditch the driver and only use the 3 wood off the tee. I hit 18/21 fairways after I took the driver out of the bag. And I because I hit it straight I end up longer than my driver. Win/win.

So overall considering I played 2 rounds on 5 hours of sleep in extreme heat...I am very satisfied. This game has become very fun once again. And at the end of the day that is what its all about.

I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying your time on the course, China. Also, sounds like that Snake is really doing wonders for your long game!

You are so right about needing a pre-shot routine. I have been using one for both my full shots and my putting. It really helps clear my mind of all the things that interfere with a good shot.

Shot a 95 this morning on the same course that I broke 100 on. Couldn't find an early tee time anywhere else. It's weird, because I'm not really all that happy with the 95. I played ok. Had some real good shots and some really bad ones. Putting saved me today. Hit 3 one-putts from far away, with the farthest being over 30 feet. That really made my day. No penalty shots either.

Nice Hawk! Wish I could play 'ok' and shoot 95. That no penalty strokes thing I think is the easiest way to break 100.

Smoking round Hawk, time to move onto the Breaking 90 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back