Travelling With Clubs?

Travelling With Clubs?

• I put a plastic bag around my normal golf bag and off I go

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have a travel hybrid bag / hard case.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I have a soft travel cover --> works just fine!

Votes: 76 67.9%
  • I don't, I just rent

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
Clubglove, stiff arm, and towels to wrap irons with are all you need.

I agree with a soft travel bag with a stiff arm addition. With a soft bag you can stuff more things (clothing, etc.) around your clubs that you might not otherwise be able to fit in a hard case. Also, I just find a soft bag easier to move around. The stiff arm is a must in my opinion. I have a club gloove burstproof and love it.

i have the club glove burstproof. no stiff arm. i've traveled with it for years and never had a problem. i know some people can't go without the stiff arm but i have never used it and never had a problem.

the only thing i might change is moving up to the last bag. i would love to have more room for a couple of more pairs of shoes....and dirty laundry on the way back.

I went with the Mizuno travel bags for the last outing. Quality seemed really nice and it has a foam cocoon for the club heads. Stiff arm is a must. My only complaint with them would be the are not crush proof. One of our bags got squished and the cart bag inside was crunched. Clubs were ok luckily. Good bag for not a lot of price. I'd say they are worth looking into at least.

i have the bag boy t-10. its a hybrid soft body shell with a hard cover at the top to cover the heads. it is a really great bag. ive traveled about 8 trips with it so far, and its still going strong. i dont have a stiff arm (yet), and just usually wrap a few towels around the heads as other suggested. I do stuff my golf bag (hoofer) with extra shoes and liquids to pad it as much as possible. the bag also folds up nicely into itself, so the footprint when not in use is pretty small.

Thanks for the info guys.......I have a good place to start my search now! I plan on making this a one time purchase, I want something that will last a while and protect my clubs along the way.

I've only used the hard shell case but like others said, you won't fit it in a compact or even mid-size car. We BARELY got 3 or 4 of them across our laps in a minivan. We left them in the hotel room until we left and crammed in for a quick drive to the airport. Having seen how bags are handled behind the scenes, I would probably only use a hard case unless you have a VERY strong cart bag. Things get stacked 5, 6 or 7 high and weight isn't a factor as to what goes on top or bottom.

I love my Club Glider.

Does anybody else have any information on the Sun Mountain travel bags. They look extremely easy to take with you, but I wasn't sure if they would hold up well. I also am looking for one as I will be making several trips this year and will need one. I was leaning towards that one just because it looks really easy to roll behind you.

I use a Cleveland travel bag and love it as its a little bigger than the one I had before... I can throw some extra stuff in there without a problem which is always nice

When shopping for a travel bag I decided on a soft bag since the hard cases don't always fit in a rental car. I looked at the Club Glove Burst Proof. Called Club Glove and they recommended the Last Bag to fit my cart bag. I use it with the Stiff Arm plus towels and any extra laundry I can stuff around the club heads.

When not in use, the Last Bag folds in half and stores easily in one of my cupboards.

Hey Spanks. It is by Sunmountain and I can pull that thing with one finger through the airports. It is an amazing bag and can hold anything I need. I pack shoes, clothes, balls ect and its ready to go. I do use a Stiff Arm, but the padding around the top is very good.

Hey Spanks. It is by Sunmountain and I can pull that thing with one finger through the airports. It is an amazing bag and can hold anything I need. I pack shoes, clothes, balls ect and its ready to go. I do use a Stiff Arm, but the padding around the top is very good.

Cool. I figured it would be easy to maneuver. It just looks like a bada$$ sled. :D

Clubglove, stiff arm, and towels to wrap irons with are all you need.

I use a Club Glove and that's exactly what I do (with the towels).

I would say check out the Wilson Staff ones, since they were gracious enough to donate to the 19 days of Holiday Cheer contest. I can tell you by looking at it, it was as nice as my Taylormade Player series travel bag I have.

I am loving this bag. Very well constructed. I will be putting my bag in there tomorrow and taking some pics. At this point I would not hesitate to recommend.

Club Glove Last Bag. It's pricey, but it's worth it. My dad has the same bag as you do, the C130, and he's never had a problem traveling with his clubs. Club Glove also sells a smaller one, the BurstProof, which works great for my stand bag but may be too small for your bag. Also, get a stiff arm to extend past the length of your longest club, and unscrew the head on your R9 3-wood before you travel.

For the outing last year I borrowed my bosses Club Glove XXL and bought a stiff arm and I loved it. Lots of extra room and no damage at all to clubs.

I got a club glove something or another, like it, don't love it. Zipper fail.

But whatever you do, soft bag needs a stiff arm.

A zipper fail (along with any other manufacturing defects) is covered by the lifetime warranty. The only cost to you is the price of shipping it out to Huntington Beach. It goes right down the road to the manufacturing plant and gets a replacement zipper in the same assembly line that the new bags are being built. Just an FYI on the situation over there at Club Glove...

Traveling Golf Bag Recommendations

Traveling Golf Bag Recommendations

I am taking my golf clubs on a plane trip with me for the first time ever. I am wondering if any of you have a recommendation. a THP approved Golf Travel Bag, if you will. Do you prefer hard case or soft case? Which brand? etc. Thanks for your advice!

Merged with a thread that might help.

Thanks JB!

I Tapped, I Talked

There is a reason ClubGlove is the most popular.

BPW-Red-Rt.jpg
StiffArm.jpg
BagOutlineWithStiffArm.jpg

I use a BurstProof 2 with wheels and a StiffArm.

ClubGlove isn't cheap, but it's bombproof. Discount Dans can help you with those too.

(My only regret is that I went with standard black. I wish I had gotten one of the colors that stands out more.)

Absolutely agree with Harry. I have the same setup and it is great. You can pack a lot of stuff around your clubs. The stiff arm is highly recommended.

Good thread. Maybe I will ship them down ahead of time. I have to have my clubs for the outing.

Back