TP Mills Lemon Drop and Blood Drop custom pics

captain3jack

Reaction score
Handicap
David took another design and made it better. I guess he got tired of SC putting ovals on the topline after all.

IMG_4356_Medium.jpg

IMG_4355_Medium.png

IMG_4354_Medium.png

IMG_4352_Medium.png

IMG_4351_Medium.png

Sessy.

I personally like it, I know some of the super-ultra-mega T.P. Traditionalists may not, but, I think they look damn good. Thanks for sharing Craig.

Those are very nice!! I love the drops

Not sure I understand as not a SC fan here, but nice looking putters for sure. I want to know about the sound chamber and its effect on putting. Is it about feel, sound, or both and more?

i like!!! im not gona lie

Love them, thanks again for the pics.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Not sure I understand as not a SC fan here, but nice looking putters for sure. I want to know about the sound chamber and its effect on putting. Is it about feel, sound, or both and more?

T.P. Mills Company has a trademark on the site oval that SC put on the Circa line. We can't afford to sue for monetary reasons.

T.P. Mills Company has a trademark on the site oval that SC put on the Circa line. We can't afford to sue for monetary reasons.

I see. That seems to be a trend of SC if I'm not mistaken. Now what can you tell us about sound slots? Are they worth while or just looks?

I see. That seems to be a trend of SC if I'm not mistaken. Now what can you tell us about sound slots? Are they worth while or just looks?

The sound slot changes the sound to a higher pitch. Some players say it feels softer, others dont like the sound. I hope to get a sound slot to demo by the end of the year. If I'm really good, maybe a thin faced putter.
David prefers that method, but the customers spoke, and they wanted a sound slot. IMO, it makes a difference if you hear the putter strike the ball. Does that make sense? I like the demo sound better, but at the end of the day, I could play with either one.

The sound slot changes the sound to a higher pitch. Some players say it feels softer, others dont like the sound. I hope to get a sound slot to demo by the end of the year. If I'm really good, maybe a thin faced putter.
David prefers that method, but the customers spoke, and they wanted a sound slot. IMO, it makes a difference if you hear the putter strike the ball. Does that make sense? I like the demo sound better, but at the end of the day, I could play with either one.

Thanks for the info. This might make for a great demo through the THP system. Get it in the hands of a bunch of people to compare the sound, feel difference's.

I wonder if they had any with slots at the Florida outing?

I like it. It's one of those things you'd just have to try and hear for yourself. I'd like to see Scotty Cameron get in the octagon vs. Other putter manufacturers. I won't pay for his putters but i'd sure as hell pay for that.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

My last Byron had a sound slot and I loved it!

Hmm how can I explain it. The putters I had used prior had not had sound slots. I was used to a certain "thwack" that I got with those putters. It was kind of meaty and dull at the same time. When I hit the Byron for the first time I was surprised. It still felt meaty but the sound was a little more lively. It is tough to explain. More of a "tink" instead of a "thwack". I also thought that I could tell a little better about the contact I made with the ball. Center strikes sounded a lot better than off center strikes. Maybe it was just me but that is what I felt. I liked it I can tell you that.

Hmm how can I explain it. The putters I had used prior had not had sound slots. I was used to a certain "thwack" that I got with those putters. It was kind of meaty and dull at the same time. When I hit the Byron for the first time I was surprised. It still felt meaty but the sound was a little more lively. It is tough to explain. More of a "tink" instead of a "thwack". I also thought that I could tell a little better about the contact I made with the ball. Center strikes sounded a lot better than off center strikes. Maybe it was just me but that is what I felt. I liked it I can tell you that.

Sounds perfect, pretty good idea of what I was looking for. I'd like to have one in my next putter I think, but will try one out first. I'm thinking your exactly right about hearing a different tone with mid strikes, maybe slightly deeper and more hollow? That would be nice.

Definitely a deeper bass if that makes sense.

those putters are awesome, im really digging the 2nd one with the red.

Great brand with a ton of history, but I'm not sure I see the point in the engraved circle? Was it done to make a point because of the sight oval usage by SC? I hope DM is better than that. JMO of course.

I'm really digging the Blood drop putter!!! The darker color putters are certainly catching my eye more often since I had a chance to demo the Ming. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Great brand with a ton of history, but I'm not sure I see the point in the engraved circle? Was it done to make a point because of the sight oval usage by SC? I hope DM is better than that. JMO of course.

These are custom putters. One offs if you will. Customer requested it, so we did it.

Really awesome pictures.

I love the look of the Lemon Drop!

When I had the Ming, I took it and showed the pro at one of my favorite local courses. The assitant pro said something like, "Looks like a Scotty." The head pro told him to stop talking.

Back