Tour Edge Exotics C723 Driver Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Back in 2021, when Tour Edge released their Exotics C721 driver, they experienced quite a breakthrough. While they have produced some powerful performing equipment in the past, the performance of the C721 helped force the brand into more conversations about modern-day drivers. With more eyes attracted to Tour Edge, there was plenty of excitement to see their 2023 lineup. Similarly to last year, two drivers are part of the 723 series, and today we are focusing on the lower spin C723 driver.

Continue reading...

7 yards of carry difference on the same driver should dispel anyone’s thoughts of tech not working. 250 spin difference for some fine tuning helps.

Great write up Dean. And that is one massively deep face, it looks like you could make contact anywhere on it and still send the ball.

This driver intrigues me so much from a fitting stand point.
I had really good success with the E723, I would like to try this one as well.

I love the C722.....Does anyone know how Tour Edge is with custom shafts? I'd probably be willing to grab a C723 but i'd much prefer the Tensei White over the Blue. Their website doesn't mention other shafts than the stock ones

I could call them but just asking here first

Been playing the C723 8 degree driver with the Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff shaft as part of TEEm Tour Edge for the past few months. Have about 65 rounds in with it now.

After a bit of tinkering I’ve been playing it with the heavier weight in the rear. The weight is set ever so slightly towards the fade side of the neutral position. Hosel is set at the standard setting.

With the heavier weight forward it played similarly to my Cobra LTDx LS driver that it replaced. With the heavier weight in the rear it is more forgiving. More like, but longer than, the Ping G410 LST that I played prior to the Cobra LTDx LS.

Agree that the rear weight channel is a bit awkward. Go slow to avoid frustration and be careful or you will risk stripping the torx screw head.

The rear weight channel also has a tendency to pick up grass when the rear of the driver head brushes the ground.

The sound is more metallic than you might expect from a driver with so much carbon fiber. I added two grams of hot melt glue through the front weight screw hole and it toned down the sound some. Definitely not dull but closer to what I like.
The C723 driver has an incredible feel when hit out of the center. It feels great!

It is also quite forgiving when mishit due to the Diamond Face Tech.

Very easy to align with the Ridgeback and the Diamond logo on the face.

This driver has reduced my penalties off the tee substantially, so much so that it has helped me to reduce my handicap since getting it.

The C723 looks good, is quite forgiving, feels great and performs well. It has firmly cemented its place in my bag as my gamer.

I love the C722.....Does anyone know how Tour Edge is with custom shafts? I'd probably be willing to grab a C723 but i'd much prefer the Tensei White over the Blue. Their website doesn't mention other shafts than the stock ones

I could call them but just asking here first
They have a pretty broad list of no upcharge shafts. You are in luck! The Tensei White is one of the no cost options.

Here is the list:

Great stuff @ddec ! Is the Diamond face in this driver different than the C722.

I tested all the big name brands but choose the C 723. I love the alinement aid on top of the club. With my swing the club felt great and very accurate. In my opinion I made a great choice.

Try it!

Compared to the E723, the C723 has a slightly smaller footprint and a deeper face.

The E723 is more forgiving, but with the heavier weight in the rear the C723 is plenty forgiving.

The C723 is also quieter, has a slightly flatter lie angle and is more adjustable for shot shape.

Niceeeeeee----Tensei White 75

Well i'm out 600 bucks
If you order through the Tour Edge website the C723 is only $499 and if you sign up to be part of their email list you can get 10% off.

If you then sign up for texts you can get 15% off!!

Free and fast shipping, great customer service, lifetime warranty.

Hard to beat the value.

7 yards of carry difference on the same driver should dispel anyone’s thoughts of tech not working. 250 spin difference for some fine tuning helps.

I mean even if those numbers creep closer after 1000 swings, it still shows the tech is working and can help fine tune. Loved seeing it.

Great stuff @ddec ! Is the Diamond face in this driver different than the C722.

still same number of diamond patterns, but thinner out towards the heel and toe sections than the C722.

If you order through the Tour Edge website the C723 is only $499 and if you sign up to be part of their email list you can get 10% off.

If you then sign up for texts you can get 15% off!!

Free and fast shipping, great customer service, lifetime warranty.

Hard to beat the value.

Thanks!!! (but i meant 600 bucks CAD)

I didn’t try the E723 but I like the changes in this compared to the E722(which was a good head). @Hawk review on the 723 was really good and makes it an appealing option. Little more tinkering ability here and not a super crazy MOI drop from E to C. Both seem like Tour Edge hits a wide range of golfers which is pretty awesome to see.

Oh wow kind of forgot all about this driver :oops:

Having played the C721 for a while I have no doubt this one is even better and can compete with the bigger names out there. I like the ridgeback design and all the adjustability this driver offers.

I've been gaming this driver this year as part of TEEm Tour Edge and have been really impressed. I haven't quite replicated the spin numbers of front to back, but I can tell it's noticeably more forgiving with the heavier weight in the back, which is where I've been playing it. The 7 yards of directional impact seems to match my subjective experience of shifting the back weight around in a few places over the past few months.

The Ridgeback alignment is the part of the driver I thought I'd like least when I was selected for testing, and has ended up being probably my favorite. I also really like how neutral it sets up for a lower spinning head. Other low spin models I've played tend to have my FW misses heavily biased to the right. My misses with this driver have been slightly biased toward the left, which is more comfy to me as someone who prefers to draw the ball.

Sound and feel is the one area where I'd want it to be a little different based on my preferences. On the titanium-carbon spectrum its a biased toward more of a titanium "thonk" than a carbon "thwack" to my ear, and I tend to prefer the latter. Listening to the Tour Edge guys on the THP live it sounds like they were going for a powerful sound and I agree it sounds powerful. It's definitely more refined than the first titanium 460cc drivers I experienced, but kind of gives me a nostalgia of the first time hitting those.

After testing, I’m a disappointed with this one. I couldn’t get the numbers out of it like I could other OEMs. But, the biggest shock was this version Diamond Face did not feel as responsive as past versions.

Was doing a little review of the state of my game over the last few years.

Since Jan.1, 2020 until now I have 654 rounds entered in the GHIN system.

Thats a lot of golf and that doesn’t capture all of the scrambles, practice rounds and other formats, courses or matches that weren’t included in the GHIN stats.

I used three drivers during this time. The Ping G410 LST, the Cobra LTDx LS and now the Tour Edge C723.

The Ping is still going strong in one of my best friends and regular playing partner’s golf bag.

The Cobra is retired and sitting in my Morgan Cup bag as a memento from last year’s epic adventure.

At the moment I’m really enjoying the Tour Edge C723 and it continues to perform well for me.

I’ve shared my thoughts about the club numerous times already. Have had lots of people try it and have gotten lots of good feedback as well.

Just curious if anyone out there has any questions about the driver that I might be able to answer.

Fire away!

Something I've noticed with the C723 is the rear weight seems to want to "creep" towards the toe over a period of several rounds. Anyone else have this happen?

I’ve not had that issue yet. Might try using some Locktite blue on the screw.

The golf season hums along and I continue to enjoy my C723 driver. I ended up using a dab of super glue to keep the rear weight track in place.

I played with @Browndog a couple weeks back and we were swapping notes on our experiences with the C723. We both felt it wasn't as forgiving on extreme toe misses but was more forgiving on extreme heel misses than other drivers

Last month my play and practice was more inconsistent and I wasn't swinging the driver very well as you can see in my distance numbers below (not sure why the graph has 1 round split out in June). I also paused my Stack training in early June due to travel and busyness so I'm probably past due to get back to that. I played a Velocity shaft for a few rounds to mix up the feels and hit it decently, but I'm back to my old faithful Smoke Blue.

1691167690409.png

C723 in play today, pulled it once so far and managed to have that draw setting pull it OB, follow up off the tee was what I expected from this club, high and long.

Love the driver still.

Back