Tour Edge Exotics 722 Drivers

Just want to remind anyone looking for a deal on an extremely solid driver from last year...don't sleep on the 722 line from Tour Edge. I had another remarkable session on the LM today with it.

I'm concerned I'm not a true internet golfer as my 2023 driver search might be non-existent this year 😲
It’s legit. Got got again for the first time two months for 9 and had almost forgotten how fun it is.

I went to a local Demo Days this weekend and saw both drivers - E723 & C723. They had no LH heads to try but their rep said LH would be available soon. Looks wise the tops remain very close to last year. The extra rim of titanium around the edge is not a problem visually, you need to look for it to realize it's there. Because of that rim the rep mentioned that the E723 is slightly quieter than last year's E722, which is a +. The rear sliding adjustment is a bigger +. I played the E722 all last year and look forward to moving into the E723 with the sliding adjustment. My league course requires a draw on several holes and my favorite non-league course requires a fade on key holes. I think this E723 should be a win win.

I went to a local Demo Days this weekend and saw both drivers - E723 & C723. They had no LH heads to try but their rep said LH would be available soon. Looks wise the tops remain very close to last year. The extra rim of titanium around the edge is not a problem visually, you need to look for it to realize it's there. Because of that rim the rep mentioned that the E723 is slightly quieter than last year's E722, which is a +. The rear sliding adjustment is a bigger +. I played the E722 all last year and look forward to moving into the E723 with the sliding adjustment. My league course requires a draw on several holes and my favorite non-league course requires a fade on key holes. I think this E723 should be a win win.
Good thread and article on the 723 line here. With TEEm Tour Edge signups starting up for THPers very soon, I suspect the 723 will get some really detailed reviews.

Messed around with the loft and weight settings tonight while I was practicing on the simulator. Felt like I’ve been leaving some carry distance on the table. I lofted up, adjusted to the flatter lie angle option, and moved the heavy weight forward. Saw an uptick in carry distance and tighter dispersion. Felt like I was finding the center of the face better as well.

Messed around with the loft and weight settings tonight while I was practicing on the simulator. Felt like I’ve been leaving some carry distance on the table. I lofted up, adjusted to the flatter lie angle option, and moved the heavy weight forward. Saw an uptick in carry distance and tighter dispersion. Felt like I was finding the center of the face better as well.
Because at your speed you need an uptick in distance and better dispersion 😜

With the solid swings I've been putting on the E722, I might bring out the C722 head to see if I can get a touch more distance.

I've been messing around with the weights and setting on the C722. My issues with my driver swing have led to tinkering. I spent almost all of 2022 with the heavy weight back and loft on the 9.5 at -1. I moved the heavy weight forward and upped the loft and it helped with the smother hook I was hitting. I hopped on the simulator last night and got my swing on a better path and went back -1 on the loft but kept the heavy weight forward. As I saw earlier in my testing, with the heavy weight forward, it does drop the spin and changes the feel/sound. With the heavy weight forward, it has a more solid feel, which makes sense. There is a bit more distance potential in this setting and I saw some big drives today.

I've been messing around with the weights and setting on the C722. My issues with my driver swing have led to tinkering. I spent almost all of 2022 with the heavy weight back and loft on the 9.5 at -1. I moved the heavy weight forward and upped the loft and it helped with the smother hook I was hitting. I hopped on the simulator last night and got my swing on a better path and went back -1 on the loft but kept the heavy weight forward. As I saw earlier in my testing, with the heavy weight forward, it does drop the spin and changes the feel/sound. With the heavy weight forward, it has a more solid feel, which makes sense. There is a bit more distance potential in this setting and I saw some big drives today.
I found the same thing by moving the weights. As you said, with the heavy weight forward, it just felt more solid. I had better ball flight and overall feel through the swing.

I found the same thing by moving the weights. As you said, with the heavy weight forward, it just felt more solid. I had better ball flight and overall feel through the swing.

It's cool to see the tech in a club work as described and not just hype.

Felt like I was finding the center of the face more too. Could just be psychological.

It's cool to see the tech in a club work as described and not just hype.

Felt like I was finding the center of the face more too. Could just be psychological.
I thought the same initially that it could be psychological, but the results over the majority of last season proved otherwise.

Well I know this is an old thread and the 2023 models are out (TEEm is crushing the reviews on those drivers already), but I wanted to add in the E722 is still solidly in my bag.

Played for the first time outside in 2023 and averaged 261y from the tee.

Fairways hit was not the best stat as I only hit 4 in total with my driver, but I only had 2 bad swings with it all day...one of which was the first one out of the car and the other I tried to over swing on a par 5 with the wind and sprayed it way into oblivion (only saving grace was that it hit a tree and ended up in play :LOL:)

Good news for me maybe, I played the same course to start the year last year and shot 94...this year 86

Thought I'd just add my .02:

When I received my C722 with the Red Ventus shaft I fell in love. The head and the shaft look really sharp and the look at address is unbelievably confidence inspiring. I have left all settings at stock and 20 weight rear and 5 forward 9.5 degrees std. After 20 swings with this beast of a driver I am in love!!!

My average carry: Field is very wet so the ball is plugging right where it hits and is about 215-220. With the mid ball flight I would expect decent roll on the fairway. Even better is the fact that I have only duck hooked/pulled a few shots and have not hit a single slice. Shots hit towards to toe, start a bit right but then draw back nicely and my overall dispersion is vastly better than my last few years.

This thing is freakin awesome!!!

I think I'll play around with the weights a bit. See how it affects sound and feel and distance.

Old model year feedback (still) even with the new 723s out.

I will say the E722 forgiveness still blows me away. I played 9 holes today and did not have a great driving day. I averaged 250y off the tee on the 6 holes I used driver. I had 2 ugly duck hooks that only went 230y and they were just bad. One that went right about 245y that was the definition of aiming. It was not a swing freely thought as I was behind the ball. I just wanted to put it on the left side of the fairway and anywhere between 230-260y was safe, I ended up just in the rough on the left side, didn't feel like a great swing, but result was ok. Then I had two that were so high on the face I was afraid of a skymark, those went right down the middle 255y and 260y. I didn't deserve that. Then the one drive I hit well, felt amazing, right on the diamond graphic on the face, 295y 😵. I have only hit one drive farther than that ever with this club and it was downhill. I thought the max playing distance of this was around 280-285y because when swinging well last year my carry numbers on the LM were between 260-265 so, give or take 15-20y roll in the dry summer months would be good.

Today's 295y drive has me thinking I could get one over 300y...time to try to increase my swing speed

I have a C722 with a tensei white. I finally got it dialed in , as I was spinning it a bit too much. But I lowered the loft to 8 and tee it higher.

I can launch it high and spin at 2200-2300.

I crushed it yesterday outside. Was 15C or so and I had a couple of 290+ drives . Definitely got it figured out now

Picked up a C722 with the Ventus Red and this thing is legit from a forgiving perspective. Much more forgiving than the RadSpeed I was gaming previously. Same basic concept, but it looks like TEE got the total package together better.

Picked up a C722 with the Ventus Red and this thing is legit from a forgiving perspective. Much more forgiving than the RadSpeed I was gaming previously. Same basic concept, but it looks like TEE got the total package together better.
I also switched from the radspeed to c722

I need to get mine back out to give it one more chance.

Back