Top 3 club wants for 2024

Is it a new set of irons? Putter? Driver? Fairways? Hybrids? Wedges? Assume money isn't an issue. What new clubs do you most want to play right now?

LAB DF3 w/TPT Shaft - On Order. Always putted well with the original DF in 2017, Used if for 3 yrs. But I wanted slightly more heft. This has it.

Money No Object? Artisan Irons. Love their wedges.

Fairway Wood shaft for Ping G430 3 wd

I don't need any of them or anything, but love the look of them all.

Cobra Darkspeed LS 9 - already have
PXG Black Ops
Between my first Scotty Cameron putter, the golo 6.5. or PXG Mini Driver
How do you like the Black Ops?
This is on a short list of items to check

If money was no object and all were fitted, I’d say including appropriately fitted shaft.

1. Putter
  2. Driver
  3. Metal woods

A new driver head or two and even a greater desire to try some high-end driver shafts that I have never owned. Maybe a Ventus Velocore Black and one from Kinetixx. The AD DI 6s I’m playing is over a decade old so there MUST be something better. :)

- A driver. Other than a BB Steelhead Plus, none now. Use Stealth 3HL as tee club. Don’t know where to start unless I pack a sack lunch and head to a big town for the day.
- New 7 wood. Favor a hot, shallow face.
- Cleveland HB Soft #11 or new Odyssey 2 ball.

But tax man cometh. 😪
Seriously the Tour Edge offerings are very good in that 7w space.

Focusing on the top end of my bag. Definitely adding a new driver and will consider adding a new fairway wood and hybrid.

How do you like the Black Ops?
This is on a short list of items to check
It felt amazing. A lot different than any other PXG I’ve tried and I currently have the Gen 6. I’m trying the Tour-1 version today to see which I like better.

It felt amazing. A lot different than any other PXG I’ve tried and I currently have the Gen 6. I’m trying the Tour-1 version today to see which I like better.
I have a the 0811XF
With my increased swing speed Im generating too much back spin.
Moved as much weight forward as possible with no weight in back or low.

Driver, for sure but I have to get fitted because I'm not just blindly picking one.

Putter, either a Cobra Widesport Vintage or Odyssey Ai-ONE Double Wide.

1. AI Smoke 3 Wood - I will have this whenever Callaway starts to do their bonus trade in program for everyone.

2. Jailbird Mini - see above

3. Apex UW 19 - new version

I have a the 0811XF
With my increased swing speed Im generating too much back spin.
Moved as much weight forward as possible with no weight in back or low.
I tried both heads and the fitter and I both felt I could play either model. We both agreed the standard head was the way to go for the added forgiveness. My CHS was around 112. Spin was around 2000-2500 with both. Fitting info below.

Black Ops (standard head) 9*, 12.5g toe port only, Tour AD XC 6x 45.25”

Only one certainty. A driver. As I make comback from ankle I have trip in HHI end of March so hope is prior to that. As I have a few shafts with Callaway adaptors really looking at the newest versions of Smoke.

C'mon, give us specifics so we can dream with you.

Went and got fitted for a new set of irons yesterday, had a really fun time swinging some of the newer offerings: Cobra King Tour, Callaway Apex Pro, Titleist T150, and Mizuno 243’s.

It was super, super close, but ended up ordering Mizuno 243’s, 4-GW with Mizuno icon ferrules, X-flex KBS $-Taper, MCC +4 Midsize grips in blue and black. I was told 2-3 week turnaround to get the new sticks. I am salivating at the thought of putting them into play.

I went in thinking I would walk out with either the Cobra’s or T-150’s, but it ended up being a show down between Apex Pro’s and 243’s. Ultimately, the numbers were just better with the 243’s. Same shaft comparison was giving me better spin, peak height, decent angle, and groupings with the 243’s.

They were all really nice feeling and looking irons that honestly, I wouldn’t be upset putting any of them into play.

I tried a couple Utility Irons at the end of my fitting, the new Callaway UT and T200, didn’t really have enough time to get a super good feel for either, so that battle will have to wait for another day and time.

Damn this game is so intoxicatingly addicting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A non-raw wedge option from every company
A potential Apex hybrid (Pro lofted around 23 degrees and 26 degrees)
Maybe a really high lofted fairway (if club 2 doesn't happen)

Back