Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Does anyone know if I can safely put my 910 driver head onto the shaft of my 910 3wood? I have read some rumors on the 'net that the hosel attachments are not actually compatible. I just thought it would be an easy way to try a shorter shaft in my driver for a little while.

Man Rusty from what I can remember the Driver and FW sleeves are the same and only the hybrid sleeve is a different size but you might want to confirm this with titleist before you try it out. I know for a fact the Hybrid sleeve is bigger and wont fit but I think the FW is the same, just check with them.

Any reason that all the local stores (Golfsmith & Golfmart) only have the 9.5 to try?
Hoping to try a 10.5 to see if I can get a higher launch but I can never find one.??
Any conspiracy theorists?? :call-me:

Does anyone know if I can safely put my 910 driver head onto the shaft of my 910 3wood? I have read some rumors on the 'net that the hosel attachments are not actually compatible. I just thought it would be an easy way to try a shorter shaft in my driver for a little while.

They fit together fine, at least the ones on the Titleist fitting cart do...tried it at the GG I worked at for awhile. YMMW, but the shorter 3W shaft with the driver head was just too freaky for my taste. Give it a go.

Any reason that all the local stores (Golfsmith & Golfmart) only have the 9.5 to try?
Hoping to try a 10.5 to see if I can get a higher launch but I can never find one.??

No conspiracy...if the stores have a fitting cart, the higher lofted heads were either misplaced or stolen.

Not sure why they dont have any 10.5* in stock to try, they could always bump up the loft on the 9.5* for ya. They can put that 9.5* head all the way up to 11* if they are willing to adjust the settings for ya.

They fit together fine, at least the ones on the Titleist fitting cart do...tried it at the GG I worked at for awhile. YMMW, but the shorter 3W shaft with the driver head was just too freaky for my taste. Give it a go.

Thanks! If anything goes wrong I will send you the bill!!

I am actually thinking of trimming the driver shaft down to 44", or maybe just 44.5". 43" is probably way too short, but I thought I could try it first before cutting the driver shaft. And, yes, I have been choking down on the driver shaft recently with pretty good results.

I have an idea I'd like to try. When I hit my 9.5 degree 910 D3 well, it's a beautiful thing, but it is rarer than real teeth at our family reunions. So I'd like to buy a 12 degree 910 D2 Head to have as well. I think I could do better with the additional loft and forgiveness of that head using my same shaft. But some days I can hit the 9.5D3 OK.
Anybody know if golf shops would sell just the head without another shaft?

I have an idea I'd like to try. When I hit my 9.5 degree 910 D3 well, it's a beautiful thing, but it is rarer than real teeth at our family reunions. So I'd like to buy a 12 degree 910 D2 Head to have as well. I think I could do better with the additional loft and forgiveness of that head using my same shaft. But some days I can hit the 9.5D3 OK.

Nope, you will have to look on ebay or buy from a person. No authorized dealers will sell just the head.

You must be my brother from another Mother :bulgy-eyes:!

edit: Doc if you get the 10.5 head you can almost get 12 degrees of loft with your wrench, by changing the loft settings. Just a thought.

And there is a 10.5 degree for sale on E-Bay tonight.

I notice it's mostly the lower lofts available like this on E-Bay. Others with same type issues I guess.

Tooth to head ratio is usually two or less.

You must be my brother from another Mother :bulgy-eyes:!

edit: Doc if you get the 10.5 head you can almost get 12 degrees of loft with your wrench, by changing the loft settings. Just a thought.

And there is a 10.5 degree for sale on E-Bay tonight.

I notice it's mostly the lower lofts available like this on E-Bay. Others with same type issues I guess.

What ya waiting on Doc? :confused2: Seriously though. That D2 head is awesome to say the least and has the forgiveness you are looking for. If the price is right that sucker won't last very long.

I cannot wait til wednesday to get my first full round with the d2 in...hoping that with the lower launching shaft...and the fact that Im playing on AZ, that I can finally get some rolls on my tee balls.

I think I am going to end up putting my D2 up for sale. I love the club but I just have a terrible driver swing. Cutting it down to 44 or less would probably make me better with it but not sure if I want to mess up a perfectly fine shaft.

I think I am going to end up putting my D2 up for sale. I love the club but I just have a terrible driver swing. Cutting it down to 44 or less would probably make me better with it but not sure if I want to mess up a perfectly fine shaft.

Wait, if you love the club why not get a second shaft with adapter and cut it down, or order the 3W shaft?

Thanks! If anything goes wrong I will send you the bill!!

I am actually thinking of trimming the driver shaft down to 44", or maybe just 44.5". 43" is probably way too short, but I thought I could try it first before cutting the driver shaft. And, yes, I have been choking down on the driver shaft recently with pretty good results.

I cut my driver shaft down to 44.5 and love it! You can also order a weight kit from Blind9Golf to help you get the swing weight right.

Tapping away

I find myself wanting to put a D3 head in the shaft that I have. I really miss my 910.

I find myself wanting to put a D3 head in the shaft that I have. I really miss my 910.

Right shaft and head combo is critical for optimum performance! Setho - she will take you back :0)

Wait, if you love the club why not get a second shaft with adapter and cut it down, or order the 3W shaft?

I just don't want to put more money into the club and hope it will work. I ended up buying a RBZ 3w and I can get neraly the distance off my drive and can also let up a bit and get the current distance of my 3w. So I can eliminate two clubs with one.

910 D2, I shall be coming back to you soon. Your beauty is unparalleled. Your classic sleek lines and traditionally shaped body has been missed at address for the past couple weeks. The way you force that little white ball to cut through the wind and those beautiful arcs that you produce, rather they be left to right or right to left are just so predictable that I have been out of my comfort zone lately with my newfound lust.

That's right. You heard me correctly. It was nothing more than foolish wanton lust. A momentary lapse in my judgement that newer and overly hyped must be better. However, I am returning to you now. I shall not leave again until you prove that you no longer want to be with me... (or until your newer, hotter, and aptly named younger sister 912 comes of age and is on the market).

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

910 D2, I shall be coming back to you soon. Your beauty is unparalleled. Your classic sleek lines and traditionally shaped body has been missed at address for the past couple weeks. The way you force that little white ball to cut through the wind and those beautiful arcs that you produce, rather they be left to right or right to left are just so predictable that I have been out of my comfort zone lately with my newfound lust.

That's right. You heard me correctly. It was nothing more than foolish wanton lust. A momentary lapse in my judgement that newer and overly hyped must be better. However, I am returning to you now. I shall not leave again until you prove that you no longer want to be with me... (or until your newer, hotter, and aptly named younger sister 912 comes of age and is on the market).

Bawahahahaha :laughing::rofl:. You better not cheat on her again or she will kick your arse to the curb :deadhorse:!

Maybe us Titliest lovers need to get on their facebook page and tell them to support THP at the outing this year. I mean we have posted some pretty awesome stuff on here in support of them. Let them support us huh?

That is not necessary OG.

It got up to 54 degrees F here today and the wind quit enough for a tolerable hour at the range. I took my R11 (not the S model) and the new 910 D3*, along with adjustment tools and bought a huge bucket. Got them both set to the settings producing the longest, straightest shots. The lofts were not identical, but probably within 1 degree. Edge went to the lower lofted Titleist by about 10-15 yards. Both are great drivers and would perform better in the hands of a better golfer. But I like them both, a lot. And if I exaggerate a strong grip producing a closed face at address and don't try to kill it, am getting pretty good results. Will carry the Titleist next time out.

*910 D3, 9.5 degrees, 50gm red R flex, set to d3

DAMN you Titleist!!! Read our thread and man up. We shall not contact you. But you should contact JBizzle. Get on board before you miss the boat for good!

...yes, JB, I did just call you JBizzle. It sounds shall I say, authoritative. Just letting them know who the boss is so they know who to talk to.

Bawahahahaha :laughing::rofl:. You better not cheat on her again or she will kick your arse to the curb :deadhorse:!

Actually, Ole Gray, if I can get the flight down on the R11S then we might just have a consistent love triangle going on. I talked to both the ladies and they seemed to be cool with it.

I'll just game the R11S on days when I feel like dressing up like Rickie Fowler to hit the course and game the D2 on days when I dress more like Phil-Mick.

YYYEEAAAHHHH! Coordinate the driver with the outfit, baby!

Back