Thrillbilly Jim’s Almost Full Bag Fitting

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I made an appointment to get a full bag fitting, minus driver, on March 22nd. We will go through fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, shafts, etc. I am going to go with a L.A.B. putter, but not sure what model yet. Looking forward to this process and bringing THP along.

Are you open to other putters?

Are you open to other putters?
Nah, I pretty much have my mind set on a L.A.B. putter. I’ve been very impressed every time I have tried one. What would be your suggestion?

Nah, I pretty much have my mind set on a L.A.B. putter. I’ve been very impressed every time I have tried one. What would be your suggestion?
No just always makes me curious when someone says they're going for a full fitting and has something like that already decided. Like, "I'm going for a full fitting. I'm going with an AI Smoke driver, but the rest..". That type of thing. Just makes me wonder if they want to try something or want what fits best. Especially when it's something trendy. Nothing wrong with it, it's just a reaction I have. And it sounds like you've spent time with it already.

Excited to see what you're fit into

The science is very very real. I don’t blame you for being set there, if one can get over the looks and just let the putter work without trying to manipulate them, they’re absolutely stellar.

Glad you’re sharing. Interesting to see the results.

From personal experience you may want to consider spreading out the fitting over a couple of days. You're going to hit A LOT of golf balls and will get tired. For me, I didn't want to base any part of the fitting with tired golf swings.

Awesome - enjoy it!

No just always makes me curious when someone says they're going for a full fitting and has something like that already decided. Like, "I'm going for a full fitting. I'm going with an AI Smoke driver, but the rest..". That type of thing. Just makes me wonder if they want to try something or want what fits best. Especially when it's something trendy. Nothing wrong with it, it's just a reaction I have. And it sounds like you've spent time with it already.
This is true. I told my fitter that I wanted what is best for my game I tried to have an open mind but definitely had opinions about stuff. I had in mind I was going in to get fit for apex pros and ended up being t100 150 combo... not what I expected but the numbers don't lie. Thanks to my fitter he knew things were better for me then what I wanted. Most will say whatever you are comfortable with, but I told him I wanted what was best for my game not what I think. And I can honestly say I am comfortable with this set... my challenge would be to you is be open. The fitting will exploit some things. Like I used a spider and he told me I should be playing a blade due to my putting stroke... you do you. You know what works. Just talking about my experiences.

I should add all this to say enjoy the process it is a fun time. And very interesting.

Last edited:
I'm excited for you. I hope I can do the same some time.

Looking forward to seeing where you end up in this fitting process.

Hope you have a great experience!

Sounds like a great day. That LAB putter is great, my son has the DF3

Make sure to use a non Divide ball in your fitting.

This is awesome.

Just in time for that thing next month!

Maybe you'll be able to win a hole next time we have a match

😬
I here MyGolfSpy is nice!

What clubs should I be looking at? Cobra fairway woods have piqued my interest.

From personal experience you may want to consider spreading out the fitting over a couple of days. You're going to hit A LOT of golf balls and will get tired. For me, I didn't want to base any part of the fitting with tired golf swings.

Great advice. My only suggestion it don’t look to see what model you’re hitting. Then any bias won’t come into play

Super excited for Friday!

Tomorrow is the day! Super excited.

Weights finally were delivered. Clubs should be assembled in a day or two.

Back