THPers - what is your profession?

I manage the Wide Format division or a print company. Ive been with the company for about 20 years and have been in charge of the division for about a year now. Like any job it has its ups and downs.
Did your company ever include plan printing (blueprints, then regular wide format prints)? If so, how has the shift to PDF's and document management software for construction documents affected your overall business?

The business of construction documentation has changed so much in the past 21 years.

I am an Attorney with my own small firm. Its a general practice but I also do personal injury cases and love doing Trials. The highlight of my career a number of years ago was getting to know Johnnie Cochran, becoming friends with him, working with him and actually doing a Trial with him in Buffalo, NY. I enjoy what I do .

I’m an account executive for a corporate insurance broker, just in the last few months been made second in command of the NE Scotland region.
Been doing it for about 20 years.
Enjoy is probably a stretch, but it pays the mortgage and I like it about as much as any job! Although the new role means that I interact less with clients, and am more of a politician which I’m not a huge fan of.

I work in corporate finance at a private equity investment management firm in NYC.
Do not particularly enjoy my work, and it’s rather stressful, but does pay the bills and provides for the lifestyle so I’m coping with it.

I run a small recruitment and training consultancy - keeps me busy and I love being a business owner and the lifestyle it affords 😊. Including favourable hours for golf 🤣.

Oh wait…. Since I somehow got 10 cents my last live, add part time tik tok golf guy 😂😂

CFO

Accountant .... but don't ask me to do your taxes. :ROFLMAO:

Finance Manager for a small industrial service facility for the last 4 years. It is a family owned operation(not mine). The role seems to be more of do what the family doesn't want to, but I am learning a lot about running a company. Some days I hate it, some days I enjoy it, especially when the Bank or Insurance companies take me golfing. Always looking for opportunities to own my own B2B wholesale distribution company as I'd prefer to work for myself at some point.

22 years United States Air Force: loved every minute.
9 years defense contractor: exciting work.
14 years US Government Civil Service: like having long COVID.

salute brother 🇺🇸

I am a Product Manager in charge of one of many products in our organization.

Spent about 6 years with this product in a professional services capacity, but when an opportunity to move over to product came about, I jumped on it. Been in it for about 5 months and really enjoying the challenge.

Just accepted a job offer to be a PT adjunct instructor at a community college.
Really happy about this.

I am a Product Manager in charge of one of many products in our organization.

Spent about 6 years with this product in a professional services capacity, but when an opportunity to move over to product came about, I jumped on it. Been in it for about 5 months and really enjoying the challenge.

Still doing this - Still a challenge :LOL:

Just accepted a job offer to be a PT adjunct instructor at a community college.
Really happy about this.
Congrats!

Dang I never updated this? I'm a senior ops manager in syndicated Corp lending for 1 of the big 4 banks. I manage 2 trading teams and help manage our member side servicing teams. Also the resident general ledger and cash guy.

Recently (in the fall) moved back into credit risk covering banks and broker/dealers at my previous employer. The timing was pretty crazy. I definitely enjoy it compared to my past roles and I’ve been learning a ton.

I’m an environmental attorney
Roughly 4.5 years
Love it!

Well time to update this.
I'm a utilities lawyer, executive director of an environmental nonprofit, and adjunct law professor.

Director of Human Resources for a tech startup.

Sr Account Executive

For the past 10 years, I've been a Content Strategist and partner in B2B digital marketing. That included being consulting, strategy creation, account managing and being a marketing technology expert. That will end in 7 days. Then I'll be an Airbus A32S (319/320/321) co-pilot for our Flag Carrier airline.

Civil CAD Drafter\Designer
Drafting in various fields for 20 years. Current field for the last 13 years.
I like my job. I get to work on large public works projects that protect people and it's cool to see things built that I worked on.

Back