THP Unveils 1st Live Streaming Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I wonder if pre release stuff can be shown/discussed on the web cam?

See the last line of the press release.

Doh, just as i suspected.

That's ok and to be expected but this wont hold us back from providing world class feedback in real time.

This will of course not prevent the Ultimate Weekend of Golf from having pre-release equipment. It just won't be featured on video.

Is this gonna be at the same range we used for the Morgan Cup?

Possibly. Those details will come out at a later time with the rest of the announcements.

I would think so for webcam reasons

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This will of course not prevent the Ultimate Weekend of Golf from having pre-release equipment. It just won't be featured on video.

That was the first thing that went through my head and 6 pages later I see the answer. Guess it pay's to read the entire release, lol.

This is a crazy cool addition to THP and the Demo Day.

The idea of being able to give instant feedback is great. When I went to the demo day in Myrtle Beach, by the time I got home, I had forgotten a lot of the stuff I hit.

Very smart JB/GG...

Takes care of the whole short term memory issues ;)

You guys are amazing, this is great.

Very cool concept. Going to have to brush up on my speaking skills and my looks for camera. I'm very excited for this and future announcements.

Very cool concept. Going to have to brush up on my speaking skills and my looks for camera. I'm very excited for this and future announcements.

Just wear your pink Puma outfit so everyone will remember you, and you'll be fine.

This is a great way to make people that can't get to the Outing feel closer to being there, and also for people to be able to give feedback immediately after hitting clubs as opposed to putting their thoughts into writing after the Demo Day has finished.

Just wear your pink Puma outfit so everyone will remember you, and you'll be fine.

That's for certain. Maybe find a Pink Monoline and turn it backwards too.

I'll be curious to see how Q/A goes and how many people maybe request a certain shot to hit to see how hard/easy said shot is to hit with certain clubs.

This is a great way to make people that can't get to the Outing feel closer to being there, and also for people to be able to give feedback immediately after hitting clubs as opposed to putting their thoughts into writing after the Demo Day has finished.

While I like the immediacy aspect of this, I would think that this should be in addition to putting their thoughts in writing after Demo Day. Those threads (although with the lack of participation that annually accompanies them) really serve a purpose I think for non-attendees who want to know more about the equipment. Keeping in mind that a live feed of demo day would be during the work day for a lot of other folks, I would think it would be just an additional avenue to disperse information rather than a replacement of the current mechanism.

This is going to be awesome for those not able to attend.

While I like the immediacy aspect of this, I would think that this should be in addition to putting their thoughts in writing after Demo Day. Those threads (although with the lack of participation that annually accompanies them) really serve a purpose I think for non-attendees who want to know more about the equipment. Keeping in mind that a live feed of demo day would be during the work day for a lot of other folks, I would think it would be just an additional avenue to disperse information rather than a replacement of the current mechanism.

I agree AD. We will not do away with the write ups post event. They are there for a purpose and quite a few from the weekend do such a great job of it.

I agree AD. We will not do away with the write ups post event. They are there for a purpose and quite a few from the weekend do such a great job of it.

I had a hard time jotting more thoughts on a piece of paper while at the range. Maybe we have some people "assigned" to some manufacturers so thorough thoughts can be had. Obviously they can still hit whatever they like. Thoughts?

In looking at my original post, I probably didn't word it all that well. I completely agree with your post, and what I tried to say is that some people may be better at summarizing how they feel about a club immediately after hitting it as opposed to writing their thoughts down a few days later. The live feedback should not replace the post-Outing review threads, rather the live feedback should serve as an additional tool for information on the clubs.

This is so innovative and cool. JB, GG, you two never stop delivering. That's why I love this forum. I'm hoping I will finally be able to join next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Excuse the geek-less question but here it is:

Will the "live streaming" be captured in vid file(s) for future viewing and/or reference for the folks writing their post-outing reviews?

Excuse the geek-less question but here it is:

Will the "live streaming" be captured in vid file(s) for future viewing and/or reference for the folks writing their post-outing reviews?
As of now no it will not be, but it can be and it is currently being worked on.

In looking at my original post, I probably didn't word it all that well. I completely agree with your post, and what I tried to say is that some people may be better at summarizing how they feel about a club immediately after hitting it as opposed to writing their thoughts down a few days later. The live feedback should not replace the post-Outing review threads, rather the live feedback should serve as an additional tool for information on the clubs.

I felt like I kind of let the review threads down because I had a hard time summarizing my thoughts in the heat of the moment testing the clubs. I almost felt like I was jotting a couple of quick notes on general feelings and what I thought but didn't have time to really process my thoughts in to full notes. I now see why so many use voice recorders. I also think now that I have been to one I have a better grasp of how to manage my time. But for me I think the live feed will give me a better chance to give more and better info to the masses.
ut I'm also happy to see that post demo day threads will be here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back