THP FF Week 5 Thread

Bridges!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. It just didn't seem like it was gonna work man. I know what you wanted and you know what you wanted.
Hell you didnt even give me a chance to say yes or no to the Wayne/beanie for garcon/rice deal, you thought I was talking about wanting rivers in that last tx when I wasnt. i wake up this morning and see an email for trade accepted and I said well you SOB I didnt get a chance to say yes or no lol
I'd still take Moss...

And no ill will towards MB but I hope Rice tanks. I hope he puts up Matt Forte 09 numbers. I'm pissed I drafted him. He could ball out for his next 12 games and I'd still want to Roadhouse him. I drafted him as a rookie and he kills me in a 16 team league where every pick counts. He was my cornerstone and he played like a pebble. Even when healthy. I really dislike him as draft pick. It's almost Poulter status dislike. Of course now that I said that he will go all out but he already did me under. Punk.

end rant.....

0-4 Is starting to test my resolve with FF lol.
Moss is still open lol

I really wanted to draft Gore. You have Best too right?
You know what I forgot that the back you wanted was Gore. Yeah he is having a very good year for me even though he is not getting a ton of yardage on the ground.

Hahaha. I still woulda laughed!
Well I was going to throw a Hershel Walker reference in there but didn't think it quite fit. I was then going to throw an Al Davis reference in there but didn't either. Bears are right up there for me as far as favorite teams. It goes Cowboys, Jets, Bears.

Lol. Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miscommunication I guess then.

Whatcha want for Moss besides the untradable.
Hell you didnt even give me a chance to say yes or no to the Wayne/beanie for garcon/rice deal, you thought I was talking about wanting rivers in that last tx when I wasnt. i wake up this morning and see an email for trade accepted and I said well you SOB I didnt get a chance to say yes or no lol

Moss is still open lol

I'm also gonna point out one more thing, I said Braylon Edwards would make a good receiver and stretch the defense.... I'm not all there all the time but I do know a thing or 2.

I still don't think its as lopsided as people are trying to make it out to be.

Im sorry, but this is frankly absurd. I thought FF was about being a good gm. Drafting smart, making good pickups, and making smart trades. Drafting depth and having a deep team should have rewards. Should you not be able to trade that depth for a good player? What is the point of the league then? According to that logic, drafting a deep team, doing your research, and picking up good players early gives you no reward.

I agree with this 100%. There can only be 1 winner, so get in line boys because this train is loaded up and were going to Kick Some Assland. Dont let the 1-3 record fool you.

I love to see everyone so fired up about this league. It is a validation that everyone is taking their participation in the league very seriously. Which is a good thing!

Part of the fantasy football experience is attempting to both draft well, and monitor the waiver wire, in order to build a roster that has the necessary pieces to be able to broker deals to make your squad better.

I agree with others in that the veto power is there as a safeguard to ensure that dishonest managers don’t conspire to load talent on one squad by making ridiculous trades.

However, it is meant to ensure that the league is run fairly, nothing else. There is really nothing more fun than working deals and playing that chess game with your players to try to build a winning team.

Unfortunately, not every team ends up with a commodity that someone else values enough to deal for, but that is how this game works.

Also, the value and equity of a trade really can only be truly judged by the parties involved, and the immediate needs it fills for their team.

umm, what was the trade in talk?

I love to see everyone so fired up about this league. It is a validation that everyone is taking their participation in the league very seriously. Which is a good thing!

Part of the fantasy football experience is attempting to both draft well, and monitor the waiver wire, in order to build a roster that has the necessary pieces to be able to broker deals to make your squad better.

I agree with others in that the veto power is there as a safeguard to ensure that dishonest managers don’t conspire to load talent on one squad by making ridiculous trades.

However, it is meant to ensure that the league is run fairly, nothing else. There is really nothing more fun than working deals and playing that chess game with your players to try to build a winning team.

Unfortunately, not every team ends up with a commodity that someone else values enough to deal for, but that is how this game works.

Also, the value and equity of a trade really can only be truly judged by the parties involved, and the immediate needs it fills for their team.

Great post. 10000000% on the nose. Still a little in shock that a few have hit the veto button in this one. I have actually never seen a trade get the veto in all my time playing, but I guess for some they feel it is their way to control how teams trade players rather than its intended use as you stated above.

WHats the point of drafting, making smart pickups, and offering trades to people if others control those rights because they believe the league would not be fair if some teams get better? Just dont get it at all.

umm, what was the trade in talk?

You could just read the thread...haha

We gave up Percy Harvin and Cadillac Williams

And received

Ray Rice.

great post...of my 4 leagues that I am in, I have been spending the most time in this one.

Great post. 10000000% on the nose. Still a little in shock that a few have hit the veto button in this one. I have actually never seen a trade get the veto in all my time playing, but I guess for some they feel it is their way to control how teams trade players rather than its intended use as you stated above.

WHats the point of drafting, making smart pickups, and offering trades to people if others control those rights because they believe the league would not be fair if some teams get better? Just dont get it at all.

Thanks. I have been on your side of the coin many a time. Not everyone adds the two parts of a deal and and comes up with the same perceived value as the two owners involved.

If I have 6 solid WR on my team and only 1 stud RB, you know I would be trying to do a 2 for 1 for a top RB.

You could just read the thread...haha

We gave up Percy Harvin and Cadillac Williams

And received

Ray Rice.

hahaha, I know, but I am slammed at work so I dont have a lot of time on here, as you can see I have been a little absent lately. I think its a great trade. Ray Rice is struggling so its a gamble if he will come back to good. I think Harving for and CW in a 16 person league is a great gain. I will say, I had Ray Rice last year and traded him early and really regret that, lost me the championship IMO. So, I think the Ray Rice team has the one up. It just hasnt shown yet, but it will

And lets not forget that Harvin and Williams both have had their bye and Rice has not.

Just an FYI... Beast Mode is headed to Seattle... Fred Jackson, Bess and Dustin Keller I've picked up on the waiver. I didn't draft well but I'm doing fine on waivers.

Just an FYI... Beast Mode is headed to Seattle... Fred Jackson, Bess and Dustin Keller I've picked up on the waiver. I didn't draft well but I'm doing fine on waivers.

yeah very nice pick ups. I don't remember who I dropped Bess for, wish I hadn't, could have used the depth. I grabbed Keller off waivers in 2 other leagues, payed off last week.

I understand the reason behind the veto but Ive never been a fan. Most people see it as a way to stop others from making their team better which is not the reason for the veto. Ive seen countless trades vetoed over the years for basically no reason.

this has had more fire and emotion than the ryder cup thread. veto'ing is for sissies! it's always a fair trade if both parties agree. one person always has to accept it, and when they do, that's their decision. grown men acting like babies, pretty sad really. and this is precisely why i didn't participate in this fantasy league.

Plus you were scared of my team. HAHAHAHAHHA
this has had more fire and emotion than the ryder cup thread. veto'ing is for sissies! it's always a fair trade if both parties agree. one person always has to accept it, and when they do, that's their decision. grown men acting like babies, pretty sad really. and this is precisely why i didn't participate in this fantasy league.

look at FLTC all jealous of our league. He so wants to be in it.

look at FLTC all jealous of our league. He so wants to be in it.

no sir! too much drama. i have plenty of that in my life, don't need to mix it with my sports bro.

Back