THP Dinner - 2011 Outing & Demo Day

It'll be BYOB then Mary....Bring Your Own Bib

I loved last year's menu, especially that fish dish and that Opera cake ( btw, that is what that fantastic layer cake is called in pastry school. They take about two days to make). I'd be happy with last year's menu repeated.

That said, I think a regional variety would be nice: a little seafood, a little Cuban, a little mid-Florida pit BBQ (yes, they makes some pretty tasty mustard/vinegar pulled pork/beef in the backyards between Jax & Gainesville), and some down home Southern cooking would be fantastic.

My only concern with the BBQ is, if you remember last year, we used the night of the banquet as a night to show off our nice clothes and dress up. For some of us, especially some of us ladies, it was the night to wear our jangly jewelry, tease our hair, and put on heels. I also remeber a few of the guys GQing their way between the banquet room & the iBar. So, I'm not sure how clothes friendly a full blown BBQ fest would be. I know I can't properly attack a mess-o-ribs without an entire package of napkins, a bib, and a shower aftwards.

Next week we are working further on the arrangements for the THP outing dinner. So keep the suggestions coming.

We will start planning the menu this week. Any last requests or ideas, throw them down.

You could serve Balut Eggs. They are quite the delicacy. :D

That is just disgusting! I have had balut before and don't wish that on anyone.

I Tapped, I Talked

Aggro I just looked that up and I don't know if I can look at your screen name the same again. That's sick haah. And Dr. Teeth why in the world would eat that. Were you blindfolded!?

Lets keep this serious please everybody. This is a wonderful dinner put on by GG and myself for the people that come down to the outing.

Lets keep this serious please everybody. This is a wonderful dinner put on by GG and myself for the people that come down to the outing.

sorry JB

I just request some Guinness

my last request is to have some sort of seafood stuff on the menu. granted, that fish last year was incerdible

my last request is to have some sort of seafood stuff on the menu. granted, that fish last year was incerdible
+1. I'm really looking forward to this dinner.

I thought everything was incredible last year, I can't wait for this years dinner. +1 on the seafood

Last year was perfect. I also like sea food & maybe some local flavor.

First post updated!

The THP Dinner menu has been set!

Looks like a wonderful dinner menu!!! Nice going JB, GG and the resort for putting this together!!

That looks amazing! Great job on the menu!

Great looking menu, my mouth is watering already

It's almost lunch time here and I was already hungry...after ready that menu I'm ready to eat! Nice work as always THP!

Awesome! Wet naps and bibs for everyone!

Great looking menu, now I'm hungry.

Back