THP Albatross Club Is Live

Although I can see both points, I have to ask a question based on what I think I remember. I could be definitely wrong.

Throughout 2011, did people still have donor 2010 tags if they didn't donate in 2011 for whatever reason? I thought that's what I saw but I can't be entirely sure.

I am fairly certain that is correct.

This is really cool. Proudly in!

So if I wanted to donate $5 I would not be able to?

Unfortunately not. However if someone cannot afford to donate, we completely understand and they can support THP through posting, word of mouth, social media and overall participation.

Although I can see both points, I have to ask a question based on what I think I remember. I could be definitely wrong.

Throughout 2011, did people still have donor 2010 tags if they didn't donate in 2011 for whatever reason? I thought that's what I saw but I can't be entirely sure.

No. One or two might have slipped through the cracks, but tags get redone each year.

Unfortunately not. However if someone cannot afford to donate, we completely understand and they can support THP through posting, word of mouth, social media and overall participation.

Umm wow..

Unfortunately not. However if someone chooses not to donate, we completely understand and they can support THP through posting, word of mouth, social media and overall participation.

I think this one needs a Fify for clarification.

Umm wow..

I am very sorry you feel this way. Nobody has to donate or become a member of this part of THP. With thousands of members on this forum, many will and many will not and we completely understand and respect that. At the same time, please understand that we have decided what we think is best for the site and its members and created a system around that.

I'm not sure this is an issue. If the banner changes every year then nothing new is happening except an increase in voluntary donations. THP doesn't require it but it's nice if you have the means to do so. I am certain that JB and GG don't forget those that have supported them in everyway we can, whether it be with cash, threads, post...they realize who supports them and the forum. I would not take any of this personally and treat it as a business decision.
I think this one needs a Fify for clarification.

Reactions: JB
I'm not sure this is an issue. If the banner changes every year then nothing new is happening except an increase in voluntary donations. THP doesn't require it but it's nice if you have the means to do so. I am certain that JB and GG don't forget those that have supported them in everyway we can, whether it be with cash, threads, post...they realize who supports them and the forum. I would not take any of this personally and treat it as a business decision.

I agree. That's why I Fify'd it. Just because someone chooses not to, doesn't mean they can't afford it, or vice versa.

Some of the best money I've spent this year.

it doesn't require all this....what is the real issue here? you are a very active member and very much appreciated by your peers on THP. Not having a donor tag is an issue for you? We all know where your heart is in regards to THP, a banner is not needed to show that...remember that.

Umm wow..

Let's move on. Like JB said, if you don't want to or can't donate, then so be it. It's never been an issue in the past and it won't be going forward.

Let's move on. Like JB said, if you don't want to or can't donate, then so be it. It's never been an issue in the past and it won't be going forward.

Ok cool. Sorry for asking questions. Won't let it happen again.

Sometimes old houses have to be razed to make way for new houses. It's the way of the world. New replaces old. If every piece of old was kept, we'd end up with a cluttered, unorganized mess.

Whoever chooses not to donate in 2012, who also donated in 2009/10/11 could just put that notaton in their Signature if it's so important to them.

Umm wow..

DR.....There will always be some that simply can not afford to be a paying member. To me, that does not mean you are any less of a member of the site, as long as you do as JB pointed out, which is to support THP through posting, word of mouth, social media and overall participation. I see you as an asset to the site with your postings and participation, regardless whether or not you donated.

I think JB and THP has done the right thing here in keeping the banners up for the current year. The increase is also in my eyes good as the site needs a certain amount of funds to do the things it does, while at the same time, they are giving a little something back which is great as well.

Donate if and when you can, but I'm being honest in saying that I don't think anyless of you if you can't right now. That is fully understandable.

I agree its probably better to move on but I'll add this before doing so. While the previous "donor since" dots are gone I see this as THP progression and natural evolution. Before someone could donate $5 or $200 and it was all the same dot. Now its the same for anyone that wants to donate. You get to be part of the club, get some cool gear and discounted prices. Same for everyone across the board no matter join date, how much or what your name is. Its the same for everyone. I see it as a good thing and progression.

Reactions: JB
Ok cool. Sorry for asking questions. Won't let it happen again.

There are lots of items available in the shop for less than the Albatross club donation, maybe that's also a good way to show support if you so wish?

Personally, I really don't need a badge to show how or if I choose to support THP. I don't think any less of anyone who doesn't or can't contribute for whatever reason.

Good conversation! It shows the health, vitality and maturity of THP. Thanks!

There are lots of items available in the shop for less than the Albatross club donation, maybe that's also a good way to show support if you so wish?

Personally, I really don't need a badge to show off to everyone.

I have plenty of THP gear. It's not about a stupid badge. Trust me.

I have plenty of THP gear. It's not about a stupid badge. Trust me.

Sorry, I edited and reworded that, but it did read that way to me a bit.

Having been here a while, you will know that just being here and contributing means a lot to the people running the place.

C'mon man. Save some of this from happening. The badge isn't stupid. Some people may think its kinda ugly, but it's not stupid.

No disrespect to the badge itself. Poor wording on my part I suppose.

My whole problem with this is not about the Albatross Club. That is fine and dandy but why take away the ability for someone to donate to the site whatever they want. Whether it is a penny or a million dollars. It should be appreciated just the same. To me, that is the point of a donation. I donate to alot of things. With fellow THP members we donated over $1000 to Movember. I donate to a lot of different organizations. I don't expect anything in return. I do it because I feel it is the right thing to do. My whole issue is the taking away of the ability for someone to donate from the site. Comes off to me as if you don't need donations of less than $30.

Guess I'm not understanding why all of this is a problem. I personally liked having the dot's to designate the past 3 years of support, but it's not something that needs done. I will be showing my support as soon as possible and have zero thought of anyone thinking twice about why I have not done so in the mean time.

Back