Thoughts on Tiger being the 2025 Ryder Cup Captain?

Tee/Ski

2024 GOLFTEC Experience at Graybull
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What say you?

I think he should wait. I feel he should be the 2027 Captain and be the Leader who finally wins again in Europe.

I'd like to see it. Don't know how much of a rah rah guy he is though.

I like the idea of him being a Captain at some point down the road but not 2025. I feel like he still has too many of his guys that he would lean on to be a captain’s pick and it would be similar to this year. Let him do it when those guys are ready to be assistants to him and he can be totally objective in his picks.

I would be ok with it. Cant do any worse than what we got this year.

He will obviously be a captain at some point. Sadly with his Ryder Cup record being 13-21-3 I"m not sure how great a cap he will be.

I would be ok with it. Cant do any worse than what we got this year.
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

He would’ve picked a lot of the same guys. Only difference is if he’s Captain for a match in the US and we have home course advantage.

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

He would’ve picked a lot of the same guys. Only difference is if he’s Captain for a match in the US and we have home course advantage.
Probably would have picked the same guys, but I dont think the way he handled himself or managed the team led to firing up his squad.

I’d be all for it if he didn’t have DL III, Freddie or Furyk as Vice Captains

He seemed to do well at Royal Melbourne, but that’s as a President’s Cup…this is the major leagues

Probably would have picked the same guys, but I dont think the way he handled himself or managed the team led to firing up his squad.
He might have had different pairings but I don’t think he would’ve made enough of a difference. 10 years from now, maybe

Personally, it makes little difference to me who the RC captain is. I know the capt. has a job to do, but I'm sure anyone picked can do it.

What matters to me is that American Team shows up ready to play from the start. Possibly even playing in a tournament a week, or two prior to the RC weekend.

I don't know who it would be but they need someone who will shake things up a bit, it feels like it's been stale for sometime now and they keep doing the same thing.

Personally, it makes little difference to me who the RC captain is. I know the capt. has a job to do, but I'm sure anyone picked can do it.

What matters to me is that American Team shows up ready to play from the start. Possibly even playing in a tournament a week, or two prior to the RC weekend.
I agree and wonder if Tiger would be able to influence his team to not take 5 weeks off prior to competing in Europe if he took the 2027 slot.

I imagine tiger will be RC captain whenever he wants to be, and i do imagine that the players would listen to him more than any other captain.

If Tiger told guys to play in tournaments close to the event, they would

I think blaming the captain for losing is BS. When it comes down to it, it's golf. The onus is on those playing, not the captain, or 20 vice-captains. Zach Johnson didn't lose the RC for the American side, the players on the American side simply played bad golf. These guys are the best in the world, they know what they need to do, and they shouldn't need any hand holding.

Tiger 2027 in Ireland. That's if they can't get @jdtox

Club pro guy gets it.

I'm not a Tiger fan, but I can understand why they would pick him for it.

Come on now, we should all take four or five weeks off to sharpen our thoughts and skills on this.

#weneedrest

Would love to have him but not really sure he wants it.

Would love to have him but not really sure he wants it.
Mmmmmm, not so sure. I think Tiger could be down for it now, especially with his current situation.

Mmmmmm, not so sure. I think Tiger could be down for it now, especially with his current situation.
I can’t see him turning it down if he was asked.

Back