Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
What part of your game tends to disintegrate rapidly without warning? My Chuck Knoblauch moments happen a few times a year where I hit these high huge sweeping hooks with my mid to short irons, especially on par 3's. They seem to come out of no where and go away without me understanding why.

chipping. No idea why but once that goes haywire it's a disaster around the greens

Tee game will just crumble out of nowhere. I have no idea if it going left, right, straight or going to be topped

Chipping for me. Never seems to happen with bump and runs, but more for ones where I go up with in the air with a lofted wedge. Seems to happen a few times per year, and then just goes away. Very annoying.

Chipping without a doubt. I can practice and I'm rather good but I'll hit one questionable one on the course and my confidence is gone and I'm a hot mess with a wedge in my hand greenside. It cost me a ton last year.

yes?

irons- shanks. happens at least once a year, often at a thp event lol! my instructor tells me it's because of my handsy cast from the top.

chips- extreme toe-side contact. usually from picking the wrong club and wrong shot. i can feel the hands fire way too early.

putting- yips. again, can feel the right hand fire and send the putt long and left. it's mostly setup related, but also just from having poor technique.

#GolfIsFun

Putting for sure. And what's strange is I can be putting great during a round, yip a couple and then be back to putting good.

7, 8, and 9 iron.

No idea why, but these mid irons are awful sometimes. Makes me want to hit a pitching wedge into every par 3 then chip up

Tee game, always the tee game, it's quite deflating for me.

7, 8, and 9 iron.

No idea why, but these mid irons are awful sometimes. Makes me want to hit a pitching wedge into every par 3 then chip up

ball striking. specifically hitting everything fat. when it strikes, it strikes bad and I struggle to get out of it.

Short putts have always been my biggest problem. I miss and make them in bunches and am not aware of what changes to cause it one way or the other.

It makes me feel better to hear about the suffering of many.

2 foot putts. So much so i asked my instructor what to do. So whenever they creep in, i just Spieth it now and stare at the hole.

~Rock

S word with 50 or 56* wedge. Never has happened with any other club. Root cause is I creep closer to the ball if I'm not paying attention to set-up. Usually happens once or twice and then I smarten up.

That ugly S word with irons usually happens a couple times a year for me sucks real bad...

Tee game....it's never great, but when it goes bad....it goes BAD. Then it gets back up to not great.

What part of your game tends to disintegrate rapidly without warning? My Chuck Knoblauch moments happen a few times a year where I hit these high huge sweeping hooks with my mid to short irons, especially on par 3's. They seem to come out of no where and go away without me understanding why.

75=120 yards. I can either hit this shot just fine or I will shank the crap out of it. This is my focus for the year, especially if I am chosen for RR.

My golf game seems to go to hell every time I put golf shoes on....

Tee game. My driver holds me back big time. I've worked so hard to get better at it and I have improved. But, all my buddies that play at my same handicap hit it longer, straight, higher, and simply better. BUT I wouldn't want their issues!

I could have a great start to my driving, hit the first few fairways and play close to the front nine just fine, and then the wheels will come off!

Every facet of my game is a possible yip victim. It can randomly strike anywhere. Kind of like a ninja.

Tee game. I lose a lot of strokes by poor tee shots.

Tee game. I lose a lot of strokes by poor tee shots.

I actually just came across a slomo video of one of your tee shots on my phone.

Back