The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event - How To Enter The 2013 Morgan Cup

I've got a couple of Promo vids in my mind, just need to do it, flim them both and see which one comes out the best.. My Bio video, I have some ideas, but still not sure how I want it to come out..

Puma pants involved????

Have the bio video filmed, just need to tweak it a little. Promo will be shot in the next couple of days. The deadline will come faster than we all think!

How are everyone's ideas and video shooting coming along?

I really am hoping to see a ton of entries get submitted! With the threads popping up with all of the photos from the 2012 event, you can see just how "first class" everything is.

Just a really, really special event to be apart of and this is your chance. Get it done!!

I've been kicking around ideas for a while now but am not sure if I can get the promo I want under 30 secs. I hope a ton of people enter as well. This is such an amazing event and an incredible opportunity. I hope I can put a better foot forward this year and would love to be a part of the 2013 MC.

I want to say again that fancy editing will not play a role in judging. We are getting questions from people about it and just want to make that clear. Its about the message and like last year it can be done with something as simple as a cell phone video or flip camera. Last year we had two videos and there was far more leeway in which way people could go. This year with one video being the promo (like last year) and one being a bio, it is pretty set on being about the information and message given. Creative editing will NOT play a role in the judging.

Ideas are coming. Just changed my promo idea on a thought from last night as I went to bed.....and I thought my promo idea before was solid. Bio idea is still good to go, just waiting on a few things.

Ideas are coming. Just changed my promo idea on a thought from last night as I went to bed.....and I thought my promo idea before was solid. Bio idea is still good to go, just waiting on a few things.

I would love to see you in this thing dude!

I want to say again that fancy editing will not play a role in judging. We are getting questions from people about it and just want to make that clear. Its about the message and like last year it can be done with something as simple as a cell phone video or flip camera. Last year we had two videos and there was far more leeway in which way people could go. This year with one video being the promo (like last year) and one being a bio, it is pretty set on being about the information and message given. Creative editing will NOT play a role in the judging.

That's good to hear, I still can't figure out those fandangled programs!!! I thought Macs were supposed to be easy to use.

Finally got my scripts finalized this morning, now to film this weekend!!!

Dude, what if TWO Nates got into the MC? That would be crazy. We'd have to be on different teams, hehe...

Back on topic, I know a lot of people have been worrying about editing and the "creative" side of this, but it's the message, not the method. I know I've made some crazy videos in the past, but I know I'm looking back at my video ideas and asking myself, "is this message what the MC stands for?"

this is great to hear as I have 0 editing skills whatsover and contemplated paying someone to do it for me

this is great to hear as I have 0 editing skills whatsover and contemplated paying someone to do it for me

People got caught up in the "funny got in last year", but truthfully, I went back and looked through and while some funny stuff got in, other stuff was more serious. Now this year there is less latitude, because I am not sure how a "funny bio" would make the judges look at who would be good for the Morgan Cup. Its a bio after all and is supposed to have info.

I think once next week rolls around, I am going to finalize my ideas and get recording. Not only am I excited about seeing how my videos come out, I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

I think once next week rolls around, I am going to finalize my ideas and get recording. Not only am I excited about seeing how my videos come out, I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

Sounds like a plan!! One that I'm using

1st half of promo shot yesterday. Couple pieces completed just now and rest in Atlanta. Edit next week and send in...BOOM!

1st half of promo shot yesterday. Couple pieces completed just now and rest in Atlanta. Edit next week and send in...BOOM!

Filming at a tour van stop?!?! I like it!!

Was wondering if anyone may attempt that.

Dude, what if TWO Nates got into the MC? That would be crazy. We'd have to be on different teams, hehe...

Back on topic, I know a lot of people have been worrying about editing and the "creative" side of this, but it's the message, not the method. I know I've made some crazy videos in the past, but I know I'm looking back at my video ideas and asking myself, "is this message what the MC stands for?"

*Highlander voice* There can be only one.....Ha!! Would love it JN!

Here is my $.02 and it probably means nothing, but I happened to think that there were very clever videos made last year that maybe implied humor in them. It was very refreshing to watch. I also think it was part of their character. If the message is there, I hope those out there that was thinking of adding some humor to your videos will still do it. If its part of your personality and helps bring out your message then it should still work! Good Luck!

Reactions: J4U
*Highlander voice* There can be only one.....Ha!! Would love it JN!

Here is my $.02 and it probably means nothing, but I happened to think that there were very clever videos made last year that maybe implied humor in them. It was very refreshing to watch. I also think it was part of their character. If the message is there, I hope those out there that was thinking of adding some humor to your videos will still do it. If its part of your personality and helps bring out your message then it should still work! Good Luck!

I think that advice was worth more than $.02. Well said, I think trying to let your personality show is important.

2013 Morgan Cup

2013 Morgan Cup

Hello all past and future Morgan Cup participants. New to. Site the and just becoming active in some forums. Does anyone know how many THP members ( roughly ) actually submit entries? I think this is an amazing opportunity THP has given to the lucky few selected!!!! For an amateur golfer like myself, this is a once in a lifetime

Good luck All

There is a thread of all of the submitted videos last year, you could go and watch it for some ideas and then count how many entered. Just as a guess I would say something in the 40 to 50 range.

I am definitely entering. Its an awesome event

My I suggest you use the search mechanism and read up on all that is The Morgan Cup. There is an activity requirement if one is selected.
The MC is an extension of the THP family and there is a lot of sharing in the various threads. Ask questions but most of all understand that it is no where near a contest or an equipment drop. It's an experience that means so much to all involved. It's a labor of love for those that created.
Entries are welcome but at least get involved in the various threads so you get a sense of the event.

Im searching for the Cup Threads now

Merged with the how to enter thread.

Back