Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I wish this story was a bit better, but my pain will be your entertainment.

We played in some decent wind today, and on the 14th hole I opted for the PW over the 9 iron and read the wind wrong. Short in the bunker, I was surprised, but we were also waiting on the group in front so for science I decided to grab another ball to hit my 9 to see if it was the right club.

The rest is my painful history. Please enjoy, but be gentle because I’ve never had one (and sadly still don’t).

IMG_1041.jpeg
IMG_1042.jpeg

The long standing “good if it goes” joke is not in fact true. It’s pure pain, and I’m still a bit concussed from it. On the plus side, the shot was absolutely ******* majestic.

Kudos to @wadesworld @Golfers Anonymous and @Scooby45 for sharing the pain with me.

Oh man. The dreaded hole in three. Been there, it’s agonizing. But, great swing.

oh fffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically it was a practice swing. So not 3 but a 2 shot penalty right? Does that make it feel better?

Technically it was a practice swing. So not 3 but a 2 shot penalty right? Does that make it feel better?

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

🤣

1713652252692.gif

Can see the pain in the picture.

I guess on a positive note, you know you can do it now so just go back out there and do it again.

Well, I wish this story was a bit better, but my pain will be your entertainment.

We played in some decent wind today, and on the 14th hole I opted for the PW over the 9 iron and read the wind wrong. Short in the bunker, I was surprised, but we were also waiting on the group in front so for science I decided to grab another ball to hit my 9 to see if it was the right club.

The rest is my painful history. Please enjoy, but be gentle because I’ve never had one (and sadly still don’t).

View attachment 9259654
View attachment 9259655

The long standing “good if it goes” joke is not in fact true. It’s pure pain, and I’m still a bit concussed from it. On the plus side, the shot was absolutely ******* majestic.

Kudos to @wadesworld @Golfers Anonymous and @Scooby45 for sharing the pain with me.
Oh my goodness!!!! Sorry Dan!!!!

That was rough. I don’t have one either but hadn’t played nearly as long and that was brutal to see. We even talked about it before we got to the green but when we got there my gut just sunk for Dan as that was just tough no other way around it.

I’m 0 for 54 years so I can appreciate the pain. :cry: Nice ball mark though.

Is the ball mark in front? Or behind the hole?

Next to the ending of Old Yeller, this might be the saddest thing I’ve ever seen!
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Yikes. On one hand, great shot. On the other hand, my condolences.

May the post round alcohol ease your pain.

This is the most painful thing I've seen in a while, that includes the stories in the vasectomy thread.

View attachment 9259654
View attachment 9259655

Count it!

Sorry good sir!

Oh man…so sorry Dan. That’s painful

Ohhh nooo!!! I've never done either...

But heck of a nice shot!

Back