The Scoop & Score In Golf

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
When you are riding with someone in a golf cart and you reach down to grab your golf ball while the cart is in motion, that is the golf version of the Scoop & Score. It's a nice balance of having a good wheel man and you displaying some agility and flexibility. If it's done right, it's seamless and effortless. If done poorly, you have to take the walk of shame or hit a u-turn and try again. I was riding shotgun with someone last weekend who will remain nameless @Davidhibler , and he, like a used spork, was trash at this concept. If you are trying to grab your golf ball while in motion, what THPer do you want behind the wheel?

I absolutely cannot believe I'm catching **** about MY driving from THIS guy
Animated GIF

When you are riding with someone in a golf cart and you reach down to grab your golf ball while the cart is in motion, that is the golf version of the Scoop & Score. It's a nice balance of having a good wheel man and you displaying some agility and flexibility. If it's done right, it's seamless and effortless. If done poorly, you have to take the walk of shame or hit a u-turn and try again. I was riding shotgun with someone last weekend who will remain nameless @Davidhibler , and he, like a used spork, was trash at this concept. If you are trying to grab your golf ball while in motion, what THPer do you want behind the wheel?
You are lucky you are allowed anywhere near a golf cart :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I am more of a driver than scooper these days.

What about the self scoop and score from the drivers side? I’m sure I’ll have some opinions about good and bad drivers after the Victory Cup :ROFLMAO:

I’m just here to say I LOVE that this ‘move’ now has a name.

As a guy that uses this move often, and even while driving alone, I’d campaign for myself.

I’ve got a better chance at falling out of the cart than actually touching the ball.

I want somebody other than younger me. I was the guy who would make a hard left turn as you leaned out to scoop the ball, sending you somersaulting across the fairway. :ROFLMAO:
I used to do it to one of my best buddies all the time, until we got older and discovered that we don't bounce so well anymore and things break instead. Ideally, golf shouldn't involve paramedics or ER visits.

I do 99 % of the driving if we take a cart and I usaully have the best wing man @PatsFan and wing girl my daughter with me so I got my ball picker and club returner with us for leagues so I can’t complain

With your reputation I'll just go with everyone else that this stage.

I drive and scoop myself. No need to give opportunities for early dismissal from cart to others ;)

@Nick Kane about killed himself trying for a scoop and score last year and fell out of the cart.

I think I need a Gus Johnson "down the sidelines" call on my next scoop and score

Too much bending.

Definitely not @JohnSinVA he'll throw you out in a heartbeat. Plus, he drives like old people ..... :ROFLMAO:

The flexibility needed to be a scooper left my body a few years ago, so I'm a driver, not a scooper.

the scoop and score is not for me. Im too top heavy for that lol.

I'm bad at doing it so I just scoop it for my passenger

Definitely not @JohnSinVA he'll throw you out in a heartbeat. Plus, he drives like old people ..... :ROFLMAO:
Driving like old people is precisely what someone of your, um, stature requires to execute a SnS.

Back