The Perfect Golf Bag Top Design?

Absolutely. We always consider adding new features based on feedback we get here. It won't be an option on the first stand bag.as the first stand bag will be more of a hybrid design as it comes in about 6.5lbs with the 6 way top. We may do a lighter option down the road for the everyday walkers.

Our stand bag features: lots of storage, all black alloy hardware (no plastic), premium synthetic leather, magnetic rangefinder pocket, full length side pocket and waterproof valuables pocket. I can't share photos yet but definitely will when possible.
I want to highlight this again, a major OEM looks at what we are talking about to take it into account when they go to the drawing board. That is super cool 🤯.

My last 3 bags, Titleist 14 way cart bag. Now, as a cart bag it was ok, and the top was as well - I think 14 way is better for cart bags. Next was a Vessel 6 way - great bag, and one I still like, but some club tangle and just a bit too small. I now use an Ogio carry bag that has the current style woode top, it's the best of the 3 - still not perfect, but closer. I would say the location for the putter, top of the bag is maybe a bit big and some of that space could be used elsewhere. Like everyone else I loved the original woode top, but the bag itself was a bit small.

Oddly my daughter has 23' Nike stand bag with 14/15? way top and it seems to work very well for her. The few times I have taken a club out or put one back it's been impressive - still on the smaller side, but seems to work much better (as a 14 way top) than the larger cart Titleist I had long ago.

I think a putter well makes total sense. You have mallets with big grips and they take up room. I love the 14 way but saw a Vessel with a 7 way top i thought would work well.

5 way top with a wide open is perfect

I think the real key is a separate putter well, just makes it so much easier to organize the rest of it.

My all time favorite I've ever used is the :ogio: 8-way WOODĒ top, just seems to make the organization for me great with the Driver, Hybrid, 4i and Putter in the separate slots, 62/58/54/A wedges at the bottom, P/9/8/7 mid irons middle, 6/5 long irons, and maybe the alignment sticks and warmup club in the top

Big fan of the 7 in my new Vessel bag. I tried the new Woode top, and just wasn't a fan.

1706541867385.png

I think the real key is a separate putter well, just makes it so much easier to organize the rest of it.

My all time favorite I've ever used is the :ogio: 8-way WOODĒ top, just seems to make the organization for me great with the Driver, Hybrid, 4i and Putter in the separate slots, 62/58/54/A wedges at the bottom, P/9/8/7 mid irons middle, 6/5 long irons, and maybe the alignment sticks and warmup club in the top
A lot of love in this thread for that top no doubt.

I haven't purchased a golf bag in a long time so maybe this has been addressed, but if not, they all need full length dividers.

I haven't purchased a golf bag in a long time so maybe this has been addressed, but if not, they all need full length dividers.
I think we are all in agreement that full length dividers are a must.

Thanks @AuzzieMatt! We went with a 6 way top. Here's a photo of ours.

We will also have a 14 way option when we launch.
Jason Statham Cowboy GIF

Absolutely. We always consider adding new features based on feedback we get here. It won't be an option on the first stand bag.as the first stand bag will be more of a hybrid design as it comes in about 6.5lbs with the 6 way top. We may do a lighter option down the road for the everyday walkers.

Our stand bag features: lots of storage, all black alloy hardware (no plastic), premium synthetic leather, magnetic rangefinder pocket, full length side pocket and waterproof valuables pocket. I can't share photos yet but definitely will when possible.

Pretty sure I found my next bag and I ain't kidding.

The old woode system was perfection. I still don’t know why it was stopped. The new design on the current Ogio bags is just horrible with all that plastic. Now, I won’t consider a bag unless it has a separate putter well. It seems I’m in a significant minority however, as there aren’t that many bags that have them, unless they are 14 way and I’d rather carry my clubs in a shopping bag.

I really liked the old Woode system as well. I've been looking for a good hybrid bag with a 5 way top to transition away from my cart bag. Waiting for the new Callaway bags to come out before I make a decision.

Yes! The sweet spot is 6-ways!

Another vote for the 23 SM Sync if you are a push carter

SM Cart.jpg

Back