The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lame, Breeze. Just go kick that guy in the nuts and tell him you're playing.

My club is closed for the third day in a row today, this just sucks. I can't play golf tomorrow, so my next shot will be thursday. GGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Are you just not able to get a cart, or is the course it's self closed to use? We can still walk here when the course is closed unless wet conditions shuts us down, but I know many courses are pretty unwalkable just based on length, hills, etc.

Are you just not able to get a cart, or is the course it's self closed to use? We can still walk here when the course is closed unless wet conditions shuts us down, but I know many courses are pretty unwalkable just based on length, hills, etc.
You are not allowed to walk Bear Mountain, and in the winter it is cart path only. The course itself is closed the past three days because the Head Greenskeeper has deemed the greens to frozen to play on. If he feels that play will harm his greens we are not allowed to play and the course is closed for play.

You are not allowed to walk Bear Mountain, and in the winter it is cart path only. The course itself is closed the past three days because the Head Greenskeeper has deemed the greens to frozen to play on. If he feels that play will harm his greens we are not allowed to play and the course is closed for play.

That sucks man, but guess I can understand if it hurts the greens.

That sucks man, but guess I can understand if it hurts the greens.
He's being over protective, but we do have great greens I suppose. still makes me mad.

My club is closed for the third day in a row today, this just sucks. I can't play golf tomorrow, so my next shot will be thursday. GGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

time to move to a different club. I mean it's only Bear Mountain right?
That does stink though. I'd be ranting too

time to move to a different club. I mean it's only Bear Mountain right?
That does stink though. I'd be ranting too
LOL true Dean, I suppose its just frustrating because every other course in the city is open except for Bear Mountain. Its great because its on a mountain, but can also suck about 2 weeks a year because its on a mountain.

LOL true Dean, I suppose its just frustrating because every other course in the city is open except for Bear Mountain. Its great because its on a mountain, but can also suck about 2 weeks a year because its on a mountain.

could be worse, you could live in Upstate NY. Or even worse, Ohio hehe
everything I've seen from that course makes me want to play it.

could be worse, you could live in Upstate NY. Or even worse, Ohio hehe
everything I've seen from that course makes me want to play it.
LOL, Ohio sucks. I would love to take you out here, you should come here on vacation. The courses are INCREDIBLY touch (mountain course is rated 3 toughest course in Canada) and the Valley course is not much easier but they are spectacular and a lot of fun. Plus I play there so come on.

one of these days that is going to happen.

Plus you can go to the mainland and do the other things that make BC fun. Like renting bikes and seeing the market.

Plus you can go to the mainland and do the other things that make BC fun. Like renting bikes and seeing the market.
Ya, and Vancouver Island is freaking awesome in the spring, summer and fall. Don't come here in the winter unless you are a big fan of rain.

I have been the Umpire in Chief for a couple years now with my local youth baseball association. The previous baseball coordinator stepped down so we have a new coordinator (that I know). I call him today to see when the umpires meeting is since I had several of my umpires calling and texting. I was told that the UIC position was already filled. I told him I didn't realize I resigned. I was not voted in as the UIC, but the board told me when I accepted the position that it was mine as long as I wanted it. I then asked who was the new UIC. I looked her up later and it is his cousin. It kinda bugs me that he never made a phone call to me to let me know what was going on. I feel pretty double-crossed right now.

I have been the Umpire in Chief for a couple years now with my local youth baseball association. The previous baseball coordinator stepped down so we have a new coordinator (that I know). I call him today to see when the umpires meeting is since I had several of my umpires calling and texting. I was told that the UIC position was already filled. I told him I didn't realize I resigned. I was not voted in as the UIC, but the board told me when I accepted the position that it was mine as long as I wanted it. I then asked who was the new UIC. I looked her up later and it is his cousin. It kinda bugs me that he never made a phone call to me to let me know what was going on. I feel pretty double-crossed right now.
That's bush league

:angry:My RANT is all these darn snowbirds clogging up the courses and causing the price of golf to skyrocket on mediocre and just flat out terrable courses.:angry:

That's bush league

I'm not really pissed anout the money. It was only $250 to be UIC for a month and a half. What ticks me off is I have about 5-7 umpires that will probably end up not getting any work now. They are a good group of guys who could use the $25 a game. Most were getting $200 cash every week working.

:angry:My RANT is all these darn snowbirds clogging up the courses and causing the price of golf to skyrocket on mediocre and just flat out terrable courses.:angry:

I hate their driving more lol...20 in a 45 is just stupid

Please also enjoy most of our geese pooping on your courses as well : p
I'd also say get use to it. Since property is getting so expensive in various parts of Canada, the new thing is to buy a house in AZ, rent in Canada and spend vacations/retirement in AZ due to the cost difference. I don't see if getting much better anytime soon.

When I worked at my golf course we used to shoot the geese. We got permission from county game warden and sheriffs office.

Here's the trick. During the summer when the Snowbirds arent here, get to know the guys that run the local courses. Most of the courses I play still give me the Summer rate, as they know I am a local and play year round there.

So, I ordered a .335 R9/R11 sleeve for my PX Black shaft last Thursday. I got the 2 day shipping and it looks like this won't arrive till tomorrow now. Almost a week to get something to me? Epic loss golf online retailer. At least I will have it for this weekend.

So, I ordered a .335 R9/R11 sleeve for my PX Black shaft last Thursday. I got the 2 day shipping and it looks like this won't arrive till tomorrow now. Almost a week to get something to me? Epic loss golf online retailer. At least I will have it for this weekend.

Umm money back for shipping

sounds like golfsmith to me!

You only paid extra for expedited shipping. You have to double extra for expedited order processing!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back