The Official Banter Away Thread

Hey @PKorf you remember this one?

Not really sure where to start - many know that I started a new gig in June - it's going great. And then with this new gig - I'm now the acting GM at our location in Pensacola, Fl with the specific goal of turning it around by the end of the year essentially - that means that I'm traveling there and back every other week for multiple days. While the fam is doing ok with it, it's still a struggle. Add to that - both of my girls play volleyball and have practice 4 nights a week... which every other week I'm not there to help transport ( I do try to do all of it the weeks I'm home and give my wife a break). With the VB comes tourneys and traveling as well....

And now to add to all of this - we decided to sell our house and as I'm writing this from 36,000 ft - she's at home with the girls and her mom getting the house ready. (The house we found is a stunner and everything we want in a house now and into the future - so it was a no-brainer).

TBH - there's a bit of guilt going on and I'm not looking for anything from y'all... just needed to get it out into the universe... The end goal and the path is still visable and viable for us. Just another major change to the routine over the last 9 months.

Still love THP - just haven't had much time or energy nor golfing availability since I live in a land that currently has 4 feet of snow in my front yard - so much so that I had to blow out an area in the yard for my dog to use because she didn't want to walk in the snow anymore.

Have a good night my fellow lunatics. Miss y'all.

Not really sure where to start - many know that I started a new gig in June - it's going great. And then with this new gig - I'm now the acting GM at our location in Pensacola, Fl with the specific goal of turning it around by the end of the year essentially - that means that I'm traveling there and back every other week for multiple days. While the fam is doing ok with it, it's still a struggle. Add to that - both of my girls play volleyball and have practice 4 nights a week... which every other week I'm not there to help transport ( I do try to do all of it the weeks I'm home and give my wife a break). With the VB comes tourneys and traveling as well....

And now to add to all of this - we decided to sell our house and as I'm writing this from 36,000 ft - she's at home with the girls and her mom getting the house ready. (The house we found is a stunner and everything we want in a house now and into the future - so it was a no-brainer).

TBH - there's a bit of guilt going on and I'm not looking for anything from y'all... just needed to get it out into the universe... The end goal and the path is still visable and viable for us. Just another major change to the routine over the last 9 months.

Still love THP - just haven't had much time or energy nor golfing availability since I live in a land that currently has 4 feet of snow in my front yard - so much so that I had to blow out an area in the yard for my dog to use because she didn't want to walk in the snow anymore.

Man I’ve been there and one thing to always remember THP will always be here waiting for you to come back. Being away from the family is never easy. Add in the extra-curricular activities that your wife and kids are doing makes it that much harder!

Hang in there!!!

I won't help you shovel, but let me know if you need anything else. ;) I'm just a couple hours south.

What has the world come to…”Farmer Wants a Wife???” Realty show?

change is evercoming... this is just a small piece and will change as well. Good for you for identifying how much you and your wife are doing for your family...different but great things from both of you! Make sure you share that sentiment in conversations and affirmation.

Good on you for the career and the family!

Hang in there, you have a ton of positive stuff going on and I love to hear it!

Shoulder has been bothering me a bit today, so I laid down a bit ago. Fell right asleep. Hour and a half later, I wake up all confused. :LOL:

It may be difficult now but it sounds like you have an amazing wife and family at home. No doubt they are strong and have this until things slow down a bit. Keep on pushing forward!! You got this!!

What has the world come to…”Farmer Wants a Wife???” Realty show?
Wasn’t there a dating website for farmers?? FarmersOnly?

Notice how it's 2 people from Minnesota who are all pro farmer.
Oh I’m not.,., had a buddy who used it as a dating site and found some fun.,.,

I’d rather be in Florida or somewhere warm and not so “cow-y”

Oh I’m not.,., had a buddy who used it as a dating site and found some fun.,.,

I’d rather be in Florida or somewhere warm and not so “cow-y”
I dont if it's still the case, but some time ago, the largest supplier of black Angus in the country was south of Orlando.

Back