The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wild. This is the info under the video on YouTube.

This is the first test of a nuclear artillery shell (Grable for "gun") - the 280 mm AFAP (artillery fired atomic projectile). The shot was an artillery delivered airburst. The shell travelled 11,000 yards before detonation which occurred 86 feet west, 137 feet south, and 24 feet above the designated burst point. The predicted yield was 14 kt.
The Mk-9 280 mm (11.02 inch) shell was 54.4 inches long, weighed 803 lb, and used oralloy as the fissile material. Air burst detonation was arranged by a time fuze. The Mk-9 was fired by an enormous 85 ton artillery piece. The gun had a muzzle velocity of 2060 ft/sec, and a range of up to 20 miles.
<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(235, 235, 235); ">

that's wild Kmac

That is some scary ish Kmac. A large part of me wishes that kind of stuff wasn't around.

No kiddin Nate. That some scary stuff when you see it like that.

Agreed that was really scary Kmac

Yep, I'd LOVE Iran to get ahold of one of those.....oof.

That is some awesome video.

hOLY CRAP!

Man, I wish Nuclear weapons didn't exist. That is insane KMac. It is only a matter of time before someone bad gets their hands on one and uses it.

Waking up to this view this morning was rather enjoyable.

A6iDGh1CYAAG5BJ.jpg

That is one gorgeous vista, JB.

That's beautiful for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to double up the hhjj thread, but my post counter is down to 25 seconds now. That's freaking handy. Plus this iPad has enabled my thping to explode. Sweet baby Jesus this is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mine is too. I don't think I have 100+ rep's either. Nice, hope it stays like that!

Car is serviced.
Golf has been played.
Votes have been cast
I have Halloween candy for kids coming to the house.
The slow cooker has done it's job.

Now that's a great Wednesday

Think I'll go blow some leaves on the lawn, try to score a few extra wife points.

wow Kmac, some crazy stuff right there, the music to it makes it even scarier

Car is serviced.
Golf has been played.
Votes have been cast
I have Halloween candy for kids coming to the house.
The slow cooker has done it's job.

Now that's a great Wednesday

Think I'll go blow some leaves on the lawn, try to score a few extra wife points.

chuckle chuckle. . .

sounds like a great day so far, happy haloween

wow Kmac, some crazy stuff right there, the music to it makes it even scarier

Yeah the music makes that video even crazier

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Wife points are awesome. They make the world go round.

yes they do haha good luck with your point man, so at the end of the week do you get to turn in your points for a fancy prize. . .

Hi!

uploadfromtaptalk1351722569680.jpg

Yes sir. Need a bigger plate!

I wonder how much of the golf market is bought buy THP members...hahah

I wonder how much of the golf market is bought buy THP members...hahah

I always wonder that too, we get a lot of exclusive exposure to the best new equipment

Plus the equipment testers are always around to answer questions so it makes me want to buy more and more stuff haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back