The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Gay THPer and a former English major, I have to say that this is the first time I've EVER heard of this kind of acronym. I thought that the slang term originated from the word "swagger" myself, which then evolved into a word meaning "Loot" "booty" etc.

I don't know. I think he might have just been trying to mess with me. Hope I didn't offend anyone asking. It was an honest question.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

As a Gay THPer and a former English major, I have to say that this is the first time I've EVER heard of this kind of acronym. I thought that the slang term originated from the word "swagger" myself, which then evolved into a word meaning "Loot" "booty" etc.

Me too dude I've never heard it before

Tapping away without siri

I don't know. I think he might have just been trying to mess with me. Hope I didn't offend anyone asking. It was an honest question.

Of course, you never offended. I think he's just joking with you.

I just did some research and came up with what I think he was referring to.

Dating back to the 60's when it wasn't accepted in society the subculture would use the code word SWAG as their own acronym meaning to them Secretly We Are Gay. They would put it on posters as a way of informing others "in the know" of gay parties so as not to be harassed by large groups of anti gay activists at their events.

So my I guess they didn't invent but adapted it to their own use.

quite a bit closer to reaching my goal for the fundraiser for the golf team.. got $100 and my aunt is sending me a check for at least $50. my personal goal is to get $800, even though we only have to get $300. got a few people in mind, hopefully they all can come through for me..

Last edited:
Random and off topic question here.
Did the term "SWAG" come from an acronym meaning Secretly We Are Gay? I heard this from one of my buddies at work today. He's gay, so I just believed him. But now I wonder if he's pulling my leg.

yup. %0 fact.

Last edited:
Nope, 100% Urban Legend.

Just like how the store GAP, stands for "Gay and Proud" or "Gay American Pride".

But I'm sure he read it on Wiki!

That's the source for 95% of kids now, most common answer I hear to "Where did you hear that?"

But I'm sure he read it on Wiki!

That's the source for 95% of kids now, most common answer I hear to "Where did you hear that?"
EXACTLY! Wiki or, dare I say it...Urban Dictionary...

Nope, 100% Urban Legend.

Just like how the store GAP, stands for "Gay and Proud" or "Gay American Pride".

Yep. I've never heard of this, even from colleagues of mine from who are from the 50s-60s.

Haha, this is awesome...

Haha, this is awesome...

I dont even want to know why you found that but I am sitting her laughing my arse off. Haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

Haha, this is awesome...

Hahahaha, I heard them talking about this on the radio today. First time I've seen the video though. Awesome.

I dont even want to know why you found that but I am sitting her laughing my arse off. Haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

Hahahaha, I heard them talking about this on the radio today. First time I've seen the video though. Awesome.
It's so random, but hilariously awesome.

Also, STEEL! What's up dude!? How you been man?

LMFAO....that video is hilariously bad.

Just got this text from my brother in law:

etysy9ap.jpg

I am just sitting here laughing.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Just got this text from my brother in law:

etysy9ap.jpg

I am just sitting here laughing.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Lol that's pretty funny

Tapping away without siri

It's so random, but hilariously awesome.

Also, STEEL! What's up dude!? How you been man?

I've been good, brother. Finally settling into a nice, comfortable routine with no crazy, unexpected interruptions, haha. I've been busy but it's been doing things that I enjoy! I miss THP though and will be glad to get active around here again.

How's life your way?

I've been good, brother. Finally settling into a nice, comfortable routine with no crazy, unexpected interruptions, haha. I've been busy but it's been doing things that I enjoy! I miss THP though and will be glad to get active around here again.

How's life your way?

Good to hear man, glad things are getting back to a nice routine for you. Things here are good, just enjoying life as much as I can!

Nope, 100% Urban Legend.

God Awful Pants

Lmao, poor Mike!

Good to hear man, glad things are getting back to a nice routine for you. Things here are good, just enjoying life as much as I can!

Thanks for the kind words!

Now I'm just tasked with trying to catch up on everything here at THP..and that's not an easy thing to do, haha.

That Bill Nye Gagnam video is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back