The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*judges*

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Yeah, it's starting to warm up around here too. I may hit balls today. Just can't decide which tshirt I want to wear to the range :)

Red t-shirt with green horizontal stripes with the sleeves cut off almost to the neck hole would be my vote.

Red t-shirt with green horizontal stripes with the sleeves cut off almost to the neck hole would be my vote.

lol....to funny.

Did you know that the creator of Facebook was red/green color blind? That's why everything is predominantly blue.

lol....to funny.

Did you know that the creator of Facebook was red/green color blind? That's why everything is predominantly blue.

I did not know that, but thats interesting. There are a lot of colour blind people about I have noticed, more than I would have thought.

I did not know that, but thats interesting. There are a lot of colour blind people about I have noticed, more than I would have thought.

We're everywhere bro. I didn't know I was until the 5th grade. It was earth shattering news at the time.

We're everywhere bro. I didn't know I was until the 5th grade. It was earth shattering news at the time.

I bet, I have a feeling that my son might be colour blind but we will see in time. Here is something I have always wondered, how do we know that the green I see is the green that someone else sees? Maybe my green is your yellow? We are simply told which colour is which and of course each colour of light has its own spectrum in the colour band but how do we know that the way my brain percieves colours is the same as someone elses?

WHat happen when you found out you were left-handed and there would be minimal demo golf equipment for you to test?

WHat happen when you found out you were left-handed and there would be minimal demo golf equipment for you to test?

I can't speak for TC but I'm right handed in everything I do except for golf, but there are some pro's to being a lefty golfer, there is a lot of equipment you can get on the cheap because the store brought in too much lefty stuff and put it on sale just to get rid of it.

I bet, I have a feeling that my son might be colour blind but we will see in time. Here is something I have always wondered, how do we know that the green I see is the green that someone else sees? Maybe my green is your yellow? We are simply told which colour is which and of course each colour of light has its own spectrum in the colour band but how do we know that the way my brain percieves colours is the same as someone elses?

I'm pretty sure everyone does see colours as a different shade. We all see colours different.

I'm pretty sure everyone does see colours as a different shade. We all see colours different.

We all spell colors different too, hehehe.

That has been bugging me ever since I was in Middle school. Our brain interprets signals it receives from our eyes. Who's to say that my brain's interpretations are the same as yours? And how would we test it? I hold up a colored card? Everyone sees a different color but the color THEY see has been taught to them as the color yellow.
PS This does help explain some color choices people use...... to them it's probably somehting else.

Ya that's a thought that I think everyone has gone over in their head at one point or another.

From the iPhone.

We all spell colors different too, hehehe.

There you go, there is the 100% proof that we all see colours different too, we spell it different so we MUST see it different.

That has been bugging me ever since I was in Middle school. Our brain interprets signals it receives from our eyes. Who's to say that my brain's interpretations are the same as yours? And how would we test it? I hold up a colored card? Everyone sees a different color but the color THEY see has been taught to them as the color yellow.
PS This does help explain some color choices people use...... to them it's probably somehting else.

I just thought of this now, wouldn't a good test to be have 5 people in a room and hold up a card with say the colour green, and perhaps have coloured pencils of all different shades of that colour and make them colour on a peice of paper the colour they see on the card with the coloured pencil as close as the colour on the card. Perhaps we would get all different answers.

I just thought of this now, wouldn't a good test to be have 5 people in a room and hold up a card with say the colour green, and perhaps have coloured pencils of all different shades of that colour and make them colour on a peice of paper the colour they see on the card with the coloured pencil as close as the colour on the card. Perhaps we would get all different answers.

nah, wouldn't work. The theory is the color stays the same but our brains see something else. You hold up a green card. We'll both go for the green pencil. However in my brain I might see yellow and grab a yellow pencil, but when you look at the pencil I grab, YOU see green.

There you go, there is the 100% proof that we all see colours different too, we spell it different so we MUST see it different.

But we all know the colour to be green. No matter what colour is actually seen

From the iPhone.

Darn, my experimental smarts have been foiled.

I don't think of myself as a smart person, but this one has been bugging me for a long time and I've never come to an experiment that I feel could prove/disprove. What i think would need to happen would involve a Cat scan of your brain as you look at different colors. That might work, but I'm not a brain surgeon so I wouldn't know.

I don't think of myself as a smart person, but this one has been bugging me for a long time and I've never come to an experiment that I feel could prove/disprove. What i think would need to happen would involve a Cat scan of your brain as you look at different colors. That might work, but I'm not a brain surgeon so I wouldn't know.

But you would know those colours as different things. You see yellow, and think sunshine. I see red, I see sunshine because I know it as yellow.

From the iPhone.

I am color blind between brown and green and also some of the less bright shades of red, at least that is what people tell me, I wonder if they can really tell and maybe it is just them that is the one who is color blind.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought of this. It has been bugging me for some years now, but I don't know if there is anyway you can prove or disprove the theory.

But you would know those colours as different things. You see yellow, and think sunshine. I see red, I see sunshine because I know it as yellow.

From the iPhone.

But maybe not under a cat scan. We all can agree on the problem. I hold up a green card. The color YOU see is yellow but you were raised/taught that the color you see is Green so you say "the card is green" The problem is we can't see what YOU see. But maybe a cat scan or some other x-ray brain technology can. Who knows. I kind of wish we had a doctor or brain surgeon on THP who could help us out.
Wait a second, I just thought of something, are you telling me that on a GOLF related blog sight such as THP there isn't ONE SINGLE Doctor to help us on our "medical" question? Maybe all cliche's arn't true.

Not to break the ground breaking scientific hypothesizing
Going on here but I just wanted to say chilling by the water drinking beer in the keys is the life for me.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Sounds sublime, SW. I used the boys nap time for a nap of my own. It was best.

Sounds sublime, SW. I used the boys nap time for a nap of my own. It was best.

I'm about to get my guy down for a nap and then plan on doing the same thing.

Not to break the ground breaking scientific hypothesizing
Going on here but I just wanted to say chilling by the water drinking beer in the keys is the life for me.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

75* and sunny here in Vegas, and yet the Hotel's Pools are still closed for the "winter Season". That's bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back