The Official 2024 NFL Thread

My take is a simple one.
With his skillset and their receiving depth, if he doesnt make it, he is the QB coming out that is literally the biggest bust ever.
He would have to really really really not want to get better.
Agree. I think his floor should be the 8-12 QB in the league. He's coming into just about the perfect setting for a number 1 draft pick.

Didn’t realize the draft starts tonight. I need to go catch up and see what the pundits think

Not sure what it would take but everything i am hearing about Rome Odunze ( dont watch college football so i have no independent knowledge ) i would love for the Bills to go all in and make a trade. Looking at recent receiver contracts to say trade for Brandon Aiyuk besides whatever you give up the extension would have to be huge. And getting Odunze on a rookie contract and essentially giving up draft picks including next years first would be well worth it. I just dont see a team in that position wanting to trade out for a bunch of draft picks particularly the 29th this year and im expecting the same next year. But until he is off the board i can hope because i truly believe to win you have to score a lot of points and adding him as a weapon with Josh Allen could be a game changer.
IMG_5975.jpeg

I’m looking forward to the draft more than usual as the Vikings will be drafting a QB with a high of pick as they ever have even if they stay at the 11 spot. We are in Hawaii on vacation with our two oldest children and my daughter’s fiancé so we already have our spot at the beachfront bar and confirmed with the bartender that the draft will be on their only TV. It’s begin at 2PM so perfect time to start having a few 🍺 🍺 🍺

My son is telling me we are trading up to the 5 spot to get McCarthy. :)

I’m looking forward to the draft more than usual as the Vikings will be drafting a QB with a high of pick as they ever have even if they stay at the 11 spot. We are in Hawaii on vacation with our two oldest children and my daughter’s fiancé so we already have our spot at the beachfront bar and confirmed with the bartender that the draft will be on their only TV. It’s begin at 2PM so perfect time to start having a few 🍺 🍺 🍺

That sounds like Paradise .

Not a bad place to watch the draft. :cool:

The grossest first round pick will be Denver picking Nix.

People always point to the basically 50/50 split of 1st round QBs busting, but next look at the percentages after first round. For every JaMarcus Russell there are 10 Desmond Ridders.

It’s really hard to be a good QB in the NFL drafted by a bad team.

People always point to the basically 50/50 split of 1st round QBs busting, but next look at the percentages after first round. For every JaMarcus Russell there are 10 Desmond Ridders.

It’s really hard to be a good QB in the NFL drafted by a bad team.
There's a reason a lot of the same teams pick up top every year. I often wonder if some "busts" would be better if they went to a stable situation w/ good coaching. I guess an example for me would be Sam Darnold. The Jets were a dumpster fire when he went there and he was bad. Yet he is still in the league.

Yeah... I'm super jealous of your Draft viewing situation.

Watching the pre draft show on NFLN, Cam Newton is a big man.

Watching the pre draft show on NFLN, Cam Newton is a big man.
He seems like the guy I want to start a fight with at a kids camp. :ROFLMAO:

College player worshipping Cam Newton already tells me those players have low standards

College player worshipping Cam Newton already tells me those players have low standards
That whole interview was kinda "cringe" like the kids say.

I'm pumped to watch Bill Belichick on McAfee today. Fascinated to see the pre-show and him explain how he does his board and draft prep. I think it will be about as insightful as info as we get as fans.

Lot of steam around Aiyuk being traded. I don’t buy it because they was the same stuff around deebo last year and none of the Niners beat reports are on it and they always have a different feeling around Niners than national media and usually are more correct.

But if it’s accurate I’ll be pissed.

1714087006161.png

Attachments

• 1714086957436.png
    1714086957436.png
    451.4 KB · Views: 2
Lot of steam around Aiyuk being traded. I don’t buy it because they was the same stuff around deebo last year and none of the Niners beat reports are on it and they always have a different feeling around Niners than national media and usually are more correct.

But if it’s accurate I’ll be pissed.

View attachment 9260825
It shouldn’t happen because this is such a draft heavy WR class. I do believe they want to move him

Am I the only one not sold on any of the projected 1st round QB's? Other than maybe Daniels, I would not waste a top 10 pick on any of these guys.

Am I the only one not sold on any of the projected 1st round QB's? Other than maybe Daniels, I would not waste a top 10 pick on any of these guys.
Not Williams? I think Williams is going to be a stud.

I wouldn’t trade up for any of the other ones. I can’t unsee Daniel’s at ASU or Maye last year. I think whichever one of them ends up in NE busts.

It shouldn’t happen because this is such a draft heavy WR class. I do believe they want to move him
A lot of really good WRs can be had later in the mid rounds. I wonder when the WR contracts shrink like the RBs did a few years ago because of the late round success.

I'm seeing Deebo is the one that will likely go. Not sure why since the contract is already done other than injury concerns

Not Williams? I think Williams is going to be a stud.

I wouldn’t trade up for any of the other ones. I can’t unsee Daniel’s at ASU or Maye last year. I think whichever one of them ends up in NE busts.
I'm no expert evaluator of talent, but all i've seen from Williams I don't want him leading my team. He can do some things well and was impressive but the off the field stuff bugs me and I think he's a little too soft. The pro game ramps up the intensity and scrutiny on all levels and I am not sold he's built mentally to handle it.

Again I could be wrong, but seeing some late game mistakes and off the field stuff at USC, I just don't thing he's the guy. I get the Ryan Leaf vibes with him.

A lot of really good WRs can be had later in the mid rounds. I wonder when the WR contracts shrink like the RBs did a few years ago because of the late round success.

I'm seeing Deebo is the one that will likely go. Not sure why since the contract is already done other than injury concerns
I agree Deebo is the one that is more likely to go. I think it will be after the season though.

AJ Brown secured the bag...WOW 💰💰

Back