The Official 2024 NFL Thread

Yeah I agree. What I don't understand is these teams HAVE to have like a guy players can call in scenarios like this right? If not Uber? I mean if it were me on an NFL team why would you risk it?
Hire a babysitter/personal assitant for each of them- Your job description is to make sure this guy doesn't do anything dumb.

I was going to say, because you're drunk and/or have drugs on you. People also panic and do dumb things too though.

Clearly scared...again assuming he was driving, we don't know
Thank God no one was killed. He does the apology tour, severs his suspension, and he back on the field this year.

Hire a babysitter/personal assitant for each of them- Your job description is to make sure this guy doesn't do anything dumb.
Didn't Dez have one of those?

Didn't Dez have one of those?
I dunno did he? Just seems odd to me that these teams invest millions on the star players and we still have this level of stupidity.

I dunno did he? Just seems odd to me that these teams invest millions on the star players and we still have this level of stupidity.
I remember someone having one, I think it was him, and I agree. I sure as hell would have needed one at that age.

I remember someone having one, I think it was him, and I agree. I sure as hell would have needed one at that age.
Absolutely 100% true statement, if I was their age with the money they had I'd need a babysitter too.

On a serious note, I know the NFL does the rookie symposium and they talk a lot about this stuff, but I truly wonder if the teams do anything more to reinforce it with the players.

Absolutely 100% true statement, if I was their age with the money they had I'd need a babysitter too.

On a serious note, I know the NFL does the rookie symposium and they talk a lot about this stuff, but I truly wonder if the teams do anything more to reinforce it with the players.
I would assume most do, but who knows. I've heard several different people talk about the ride services the clubs have available for players.

Unfortunately, you can only lead a horse to water.

Yeah I agree. What I don't understand is these teams HAVE to have like a guy players can call in scenarios like this right? If not Uber? I mean if it were me on an NFL team why would you risk it?
It is also possible alcohol had nothing to do with it and was a street race by two drivers who were incredibly reckless. The thing is without an arrest at the scene and either a blood test or breathalyzer the police will be unable to prove intoxication. I am unfamiliar with the penal code there but i would guess there at least is a reckless driving statute. Being unable to demonstrate the driver was under the influence of alcohol may result in just a misdemeanor charge , at least here in NY State. I have not heard if anyone was seriously injured .

It is also possible alcohol had nothing to do with it and was a street race by two drivers who were incredibly reckless. The thing is without an arrest at the scene and either a blood test or breathalyzer the police will be unable to prove intoxication. I am unfamiliar with the penal code there but i would guess there at least is a reckless driving statute. Being unable to demonstrate the driver was under the influence of alcohol may result in just a misdemeanor charge , at least here in NY State. I have not heard if anyone was seriously injured .
Fleeing the scene is still a felony, regardless of injury.

In NY leaving the scene property damage only is a traffic infraction i believe not even a misdemeanor so that would be quite a difference .
I typed too quickly. Regardless of type of injury. If there’s no injury and it’s just property damage, it’s a misdemeanor In Texas. But a woman was injured in this case So he’s looking at a low felony charge at best.

I've always said that pro athletes should hire a retired cop/secret service/whatever, just to be with them as an advisor 24/7 and keep them from doing stupid s**t.

I've always said that pro athletes should hire a retired cop/secret service/whatever, just to be with them as an advisor 24/7 and keep them from doing stupid s**t.
Makes perfect sense- at least for the first year or two- or in the case of my teams QB, probably saved him some money and court time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Most of these guys already spend majority of their money, hiring a 24/7 advisor will make them broke even quicker. Easiest and cheapest thing for them to do is just stop doing dumb **** haha.

Looks like they have Rice on video fleeing the seen, also have a witness claiming they were taking guns out of the car before fleeing (which may not be an issue if they are registered to them).

Looks like they have Rice on video fleeing the seen, also have a witness claiming they were taking guns out of the car before fleeing (which may not be an issue if they are registered to them).
It will be interesting to watch how the NFL handles this if in fact the case is proven. Video evidence will be tough to contradict.

It will be interesting to watch how the NFL handles this if in fact the case is proven. Video evidence will be tough to contradict.
His only saving grace is there are 4 people in the video fleeing, so should be easy to have one of them fall on the sword as a driver unless they have video/phot of him driving

Diggs to the Texans 🤯

The cap hit is going to be brutal. Unless Beane is going to package picks to move way up and get a potential great receiver this makes zero sense ar this time.
IMG_5890.png

The cap hit is going to be brutal. Unless Beane is going to package picks to move way up and get a potential great receiver this makes zero sense ar this time.
View attachment 9253799
It will be interesting to see what the Bills do.

I see that Missouri voters rejected a sales tax increase that was associated with a potential new stadium for the Royals and renovations for Arrowhead for the Chiefs.

Back