The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I agree with you and LA gave a ton up for him. Will be very interesting to see how this contract plays out. I guess they do not see Byfield as a top line center,
Byfield has been much more effective on Kopitar’s wing. At this point, I’m not sure the Kings see him as a center at all in the near future. PLD is slotted as our 2C for now. I don’t know how I feel about the trade yet. Time will tell.

Byfield has been much more effective on Kopitar’s wing. At this point, I’m not sure the Kings see him as a center at all in the near future. PLD is slotted as our 2C for now. I don’t know how I feel about the trade yet. Time will tell.
[/QUOTE
You win with up the middle depth and Kings are loaded at Center. They need a goalie

I really like the pick by the Sabres. Patiently waiting for Adams to make a move because they are absolutely loaded with prospects right now

PLD the crazy thing is if he plays to expectations that contract maybe a bargain for 1C
"if" is a big word...
Dubois to this point and time is not worth the contract IMO.
hasn't popped 30, highest point total is 63 and is on his 3rd team by the age of 24.

disappears for stretches...

good player, not great.

"if" is a big word...
hasn't popped 30, highest point total is 63 and is on his 3rd team by the age of 24.

good player, not great.
I kinda felt like LA got fleeced

I kinda felt like LA got fleeced
I don't blame LA for going for it but I don't see him as a #1C, maybe one day he will get there. LA has to contend with Vegas and Edmonton so making a move like that made sense in a way, I just don't see him as worth that salary based on what he's done so far. now they have Kopitar, Dubois and Danault as their top 3 C's with Byfield hopefully ready to step in for Kopitar when he retires....if he retires....then it will be Dubois, Danault and Byfield, or will it be Dubois, Byfield and Danault as the top 3....time will tell.

Perry to Chicago is going to break my heart :cry:

"if" is a big word...

good player, not great.
LA is a place he wants to be. You have core group of players who will not put up with his BS. Just remember everyone went crazy about the Tom Wilson contract as an over
Pay and that is a great contract today

LA is a place he wants to be. You have core group of players who will not put up with his BS. Just remember everyone went crazy about the Tom Wilson contract as an over
Pay and that is a great contract today
we'll see, but I really think its safe to say that he is not an 8.5m or whatever he got player....for LA they have to hope he becomes a pt per game player and I think he can become that if he brings it every night. IF he brings it every night.

Free Agency! I got excited last year and it a lot of positives happened. Hopes will stay low this time lol

Free agent frenzy has been interesting for Toronto so far!

Signed Ryan Reaves, but lost O’Rielly and Schenn.

Oooohhh!!!

IMG_6631.jpeg

Didn’t they lose bunting too? I thought I saw him sign with Carolina

Didn’t they lose bunting too? I thought I saw him sign with Carolina
Yep, but he signed for more money than I’d be willing to pay. $4.5M for 3 seasons…

It looks like the Lightning will be home when I’m in Tampa in October. Will be getting tickets for a game.

It may not make a ton of sense but I need a little Erik Karlsson in Pittsburgh. I want it.

Did I hear it right that O'Reilly was REALLY critical of Toronto and how the playoffs were handled?

Did I hear it right that O'Reilly was REALLY critical of Toronto and how the playoffs were handled?
I didn't hear that! Link? Or I'll have to go look now... wouldn't be surprised if he said something like this though.

And Toronto adds Domi too!

IMG_6632.jpeg

The Big Rig no longer on the Bolts. I'll miss Pat Maroon.

Back