The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful news: Junior Seau was killed at his California home today, according to TMZ:
RT @TMZ Junior Seau Dead http://tmz.me/Jf2L6s #Breaking

At the risk of being totally disrepectful did anyone see the Kate Upton video on the TMZ page? Wow. I really hope this wasnt a suicide.

At the risk of being totally disrepectful did anyone see the Kate Upton video on the TMZ page? Wow. I really hope this wasnt a suicide.

Edit: Now suspected suicide.

I knew Junior really well. I have some thoughts on this, but will keep those in until reports and things come out. Its a sad day for sure and I feel for those around him.

Initial reports are saying possible break in and shooting.

Not that its any better but I know the had the car accident in 2010 where they suspected a suicide attempt where he drove his car off a cliff. I just hate it. He was a really good person in all of the communities he played in.

I knew Junior really well. I have some thoughts on this, but will keep those in until reports and things come out. Its a sad day for sure and I feel for those around him.

How do you know Junior as well as have contacts in the NFL? Dont know if I ever asked or saw you say.

Very sad, did not know anything about his personal life but he was one hell of a football player.

I really hope this guy didn't take the coward's way out. I feel terrible for his children.

How do you know Junior as well as have contacts in the NFL? Dont know if I ever asked or saw you say.

My previous life I worked around some of these guys.

My previous life I worked around some of these guys.

Did you do somewhat of what the people with RV (sorry cant remember their names right now) did? Just kind pick up and start over? Sorry if this is too personal. At the risk of sounding corny, you are an interesting individual.

I dont discuss the NFL connection online. I can discuss it at outings and stuff, but not on the forum.

I dont discuss the NFL connection online. I can discuss it at outings and stuff, but not on the forum.

Fair enough. Hopefully I will make it down to the outing next year and we can talk about it.

very sad indeed....

kind of a side thought here....the NFL better hope that there's not info somewhere that says that he was suffering from the after effects of concussions which could have led to this type of behavior...Seau could be the poster child and the 'name' to asscoiate with concussion issues

Awful news: Junior Seau was killed at his California home today, according to TMZ:
RT @TMZ Junior Seau Dead http://tmz.me/Jf2L6s #Breaking

Very ironic that the horrible news about Seau comes out on the same day that Goddell hands down the suspensions to the Saints players for the bounty scandal. Like Hanks said, if more information comes out about Seau's mental state after he stopped playing football, it could be easier to see why the suspensions make sense, even though lots of people are calling them harsh.

Also interesting: if the reports are true, Seau shot himself in the chest. It was the exact same way that Dave Duerson committed suicide, Duerson wanted to preserve his brain for research. Perhaps Seau was the same way.

Bring on every media outlet in the world telling us that concussions caused this.

very sad indeed....

kind of a side thought here....the NFL better hope that there's not info somewhere that says that he was suffering from the after effects of concussions which could have led to this type of behavior...Seau could be the poster child and the 'name' to asscoiate with concussion issues

I'm sure there will be lawsuits galore.

Bring on every media outlet in the world telling us that concussions caused this.

Yah its getting out of control already, this is just going to make it even worse.

Boy, how the world has changed when TMZ is now a trusted news outlet.

This just stinks on so many levels. I really hope it wasnt suicide.

Boy, how the world has changed when TMZ is now a trusted news outlet.

From my experience they are hardly ever that far off, especially considering how early they usually break stories.

I hope its wrong. I just can't imagine what would be so bad that you would be willing to abandon your children. I really do hope the report is false.

Direct link? Hard to say. But if someone don't think that concussions and head trauma can lead to psychiatric and neurological issues down the line, then the people at Boston University that are doing research into this topic will prove you wrong. http://www.bu.edu/bostonia/web/concussions/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back