The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when a Packer fan will come in here and dissect Eli Manning as a QB?

Eli's problem is that he isn't Aaron Rodgers. Who we all know, and accept, that Aaron is the greatest football player in the history of forever. No passer is as perfect as Aaron Rodgers, or will ever be.

Reactions: TC
Eli's problem is that he isn't Aaron Rodgers. Who we all know, and accept, is the greatest football player in the history of forever. No passer is as perfect as Aaron Rodgers, or will ever be.

hahaha, classic! And perfect timing! Rep added.

I do love Packer fans. My girl is one of them. I do think you guys have some concern in Wiscansin though. They struggled against a turrible team in the Panthers who turned the ball over 4 times. I think the Pack gets beat up in their division and it'll be interesting to see how they play against da Bears D and the Lions D. I'm sure they'll be fine but right now, I think Detroit may be the team to beat in that division.

hahaha, classic! And perfect timing! Rep added.

I do love Packer fans. My girl is one of them. I do think you guys have some concern in Wiscansin though. They struggled against a turrible team in the Panthers who turned the ball over 4 times. I think the Pack gets beat up in their division and it'll be interesting to see how they play against da Bears D and the Lions D. I'm sure they'll be fine but right now, I think Detroit may be the team to beat in that division.

Not only is Detroit the team to beat but they may have the best QB in the division.

TC - I recognize that repeating is very near impossible. I also see the Lions and how they have built their team specifically to beat the Packers in a head to head, as a threat. The Packers didn't win the division last year and was a Giants special team choke job away from watching the playoffs last year. Plus, we have already been hit big by the injury bug. I am just going to bask in the glow of greatness untill the Packers lose a second game, then the world would be coming to an end.

Are you on pot?

Not today. Stafford is a dawg bro! Next year people will be taking Stafford before Rodgers.

TC - I recognize that repeating is very near impossible. I also see the Lions and how they have built their team specifically to beat the Packers in a head to head, as a threat. The Packers didn't win the division last year and was a Giants special team choke job away from watching the playoffs last year. Plus, we have already been hit big by the injury bug. I am just going to bask in the glow of greatness untill the Packers lose a second game, then the world would be coming to an end.

They have? How? By drafting solid DT that play the run real well against a team that does not run the ball? Or by having their biggest D weakness be the secondary against a team that is throw crazy?

They are building a very good team there based on the core, but I dont see how they built a team specifically to go against the Packers. That would make very little sense. No?

They have? How? By drafting solid DT that play the run real well against a team that does not run the ball? Or by having their biggest D weakness be the secondary against a team that is throw crazy?

They are building a very good team there based on the core, but I dont see how they built a team specifically to go against the Packers. That would make very little sense. No?

I have to agree with this. To sa they built a team just for the Packers is almost ridiculous

I don't think that the Lions have made a conscience desicion to build there team to counter GB. But their defensive line can generate a pass rush without blitzing. I see that as a way to really disrupt the Packers. I really fear the Lions pass rush.

I have to agree with this. To sa they built a team just for the Packers is almost ridiculous

Agreed.

I don't think that the Lions have made a conscience desicion to build there team to counter GB. But their defensive line can generate a pass rush without blitzing. I see that as a way to really disrupt the Packers. I really fear the Lions pass rush.

But isnt that the goal of every single team in the league that runs a 4-3 defense? The goal as I was always told was "find me players that can fill space for the run and attack the pass so we dont have to waste coverage". I could be wrong, but it just doesnt make a lot of sense to do (base things on one team) and does not shine through based on their drafts and signings.
I dont see how that has anything to do with "building a team to specifically beat the Packers".

But isnt that the goal of every single team in the league that runs a 4-3 defense? The goal as I was always told was "find me players that can fill space for the run and attack the pass so we dont have to waste coverage". I could be wrong, but it just doesnt make a lot of sense to do (base things on one team) and does not shine through based on their drafts and signings.
I dont see how that has anything to do with "building a team to specifically beat the Packers".

I will reword:
"The Lions have gotten smart and drafted well and signed quality free agents on their defensive line. They seem like the can generate the kind of pass rush that would give Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy fits. Because the Lions have a quality defensive line that can generate a good pass rush without blitzes, like the Bears, I believe that the Lions can have a lot of success against the Packers, like the Bears."

Atlanta built a team specifically to beat the Eagles and it just barely worked.

=(

=(

The Dream Team went to sleep and never woke up.

The Dream Team went to sleep and never woke up.

I dunno how people could have called them the dream team in the first place. So far their offense have been some severe underachievers and their defense is well, I can't use that word here.

=(

it just shows that Vick is the backbone of that team. I think it was a great loss for the Eagles. Teams with that much talent need something to bring them back down to earth. and they got it.

it just shows that Vick is the backbone of that team. I think it was a great loss for the Eagles. Teams with that much talent need something to bring them back down to earth. and they got it.

I agree but even while he was in they didn't look too great. It's a good thing Atlanta is bad or they would have got torched.

I dunno how people could have called them the dream team in the first place. So far their offense have been some severe underachievers and their defense is well, I can't use that word here.

Being as how Vince Young gave them that nickname, does anybody really wonder?

Being as how Vince Young gave them that nickname, does anybody really wonder?

Well that makes it even worse. When did people start listening to that ass clown?

their line does get pressure but if you can give a QB some time agaisnt that line, the Lions LB's and secondary will get hammered. So far they've been able to build up big leads where the other team has to pass and the Lions D can just pass rush and not worry about the run. I'd like to see how they do against a balanced attack or in a close game.

More importantly, I just want the Lions to be watchable on Thanksgiving

Well that makes it even worse. When did people start listening to that ass clown?

About the same time he and Ron Mexico became Ace & Gary.

Overrated!!

no way bro....this is their pre season. the Eagles will get comfortable with each other and they will start wrecking shop.

I wouldn't call Atlanta 'bad' they're a good team.

So that means the Eagles loss is even worse then if they lost to a bad team that they should have not given up a 10pt lead in the 4Q to

I agree but even while he was in they didn't look too great. It's a good thing Atlanta is bad or they would have got torched.

Look for more roll outs. He's good on the run and there hasn't been much of it in the first two games.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back