The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact come to think about it, with the exception of the Steelers (and even that can be argued), I dont think there has been a dominant running game win the Super Bowl in quite some time. THe NFL is changing and some of the best teams across the board throw to open the run, not the other way around like it used to be.
I would agree, the broncos had a dominant running game the two years they won as well but your right, you don't see it anymore. The qb's are so protected now thait has changed the game. I kinda hate it too cause it really adds another dimension to the game in my opinion.

too many injuries too early it is sad.

Thats actually really intense. Im surprised he played, but like JB said he would have gotten so much crap for not playing. Hopefully they can ride this momentum into next week against the 2-0 Redskins (who would have thought)

Thats not really what I meant. What I meant was if one of those throws goes the other way, it would have gone differently media wise. Not for not playing.

Aikman was 1 - 15 the first year. Cowboys were terrible. Carolina is not much better, it will be a long hard road for Newton this year. I hope he does well, he is fun to watch.

Aikman was 0-11 his rookie year, Steve Walsh won their only game that year (I bet on the wrong QB in football cards, though I still had a lot of Aikmans laying around).

you'd think real Cowboys fans would have caught that one :alien:

Thats not really what I meant. What I meant was if one of those throws goes the other way, it would have gone differently media wise. Not for not playing.
I see, and I think you can make the argument for either one of those. Spotlight is on this dude 24/7 and I would think not playing= whimp, playing and making bad throws = dumb.

I see, and I think you can make the argument for either one of those. Spotlight is on this dude 24/7 and I would think not playing= whimp, playing and making bad throws = dumb.

That is what NFL QBs get. Guys who are "stars" get analyzed for everything they do.
Do you think Jay Cutler got it any differently?

That is what NFL QBs get. Guys who are "stars" get analyzed for everything they do.
Do you think Jay Cutler got it any differently?

Oh I agree with you 100%. It comes with the territory, I am just simply stating that this is the kind of stuff he has to deal with everyday. The fact that he plays for the Dallas Cowboys and has been an underachiever doesnt help

Sad news about Nick Collins. Not just because because he's one of the best Packers players, but because of the nature of the injury. Neck injuries are scary. Here's to hoping the guy is okay in the long term and his career is not over.

Kevin

Oh I agree with you 100%. It comes with the territory, I am just simply stating that this is the kind of stuff he has to deal with everyday. The fact that he plays for the Dallas Cowboys and has been an underachiever doesnt help

I wouldnt say underachiever per say...He has done pretty well regular season but its just been a rough road for the entire team these last few years.

Sad news about Nick Collins. Not just because because he's one of the best Packers players, but because of the nature of the injury. Neck injuries are scary. Here's to hoping the guy is okay in the long term and his career is not over.

Kevin

It didn't even look like that bad of a hit either. I hope he recovers well. Thomas Davis tore his ACL in that game. Poor bastard. I think that's 3 knee surgeries in 3 years.

It didn't even look like that bad of a hit either. I hope he recovers well. Thomas Davis tore his ACL in that game. Poor bastard. I think that's 3 knee surgeries in 3 years.

Yep and all on the same ACL, his career is now over which is sad.

I just realized there was a game tonight...oops

Just enough apparently to jam the top of his head and compress his spine/neck. He dropped like a stone.

Sucks about Davis. I hate watching guys go down.

Kevin

Just enough apparently to jam the top of his head and compress his spine/neck. He dropped like a stone.

Sucks about Davis. I hate watching guys go down.

Kevin

That's a big loss for the Packers. Neck injuries suck.

I'm already bored with this game.

I'm already bored with this game.

I was bored till I heard the cheers on that throw...then I saw the easy pick lol...Eli got baited so hard there.

I was bored till I heard the cheers on that throw...then I saw the easy pick lol...Eli got baited so hard there.

Piss, right after I change the channel! CRUD!

Lol Eli is so bad. Mannings are pick throwing machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back