The Official 2011 NFL Draft Thread

The new contest is up in the contest section everybody.

Really, because I think my hypothetical described the Pats situation that year except the Brady being a first rounder pretty well. Everybody in the league new Bledsoe was done there, including Drew.

How about Kolb? How about Warner? Heck, it happened to Kurt 3 times actually. Bulger, Eli, Leinart.

I'll have to disagree with that some. What about Bledsoe having to come in to win the (what was it snowbowl) playoff game when Brady was stinking it up. Shouldn't that have earned his starting job back? Brady underperformed in one of the biggest games, Bledsoe came in and won the game, the next game Bledsoe should have been starting until he under performed.

I'll have to disagree with that some. What about Bledsoe having to come in to win the (what was it snowbowl) playoff game when Brady was stinking it up. Shouldn't that have earned his starting job back? Brady underperformed in one of the biggest games, Bledsoe came in and won the game, the next game Bledsoe should have been starting until he under performed.

He sure did. I have no problem with benchings for good play or bad. Im going out on a limb here and guessing you are a Bledsoe fan right?

You are forgetting one part of that story though...Brady got hurt. I was at that game actually and he could barely walk...Bledsoe came in and played great (as you want your backup QB to do). But if you cant lose your job to injury as you would like, then despite Brady getting the job that way, he wouldnt lose it that way. In my opinion, you cant have it both ways.

And its not like Drew completed 18 of 20 passes for 350 yards. He was 10 of 21 and a TD. Albeit a great TD, but he still struggled out there as well underthrowing guys.

He sure did. I have no problem with benchings for good play or bad. Im going out on a limb here and guessing you are a Bledsoe fan right?

You are forgetting one part of that story though...Brady got hurt. I was at that game actually and he could barely walk...Bledsoe came in and played great (as you want your backup QB to do). But if you cant lose your job to injury as you would like, then despite Brady getting the job that way, he wouldnt lose it that way. In my opinion, you cant have it both ways.

And its not like Drew completed 18 of 20 passes for 350 yards. He was 10 of 21 and a TD. Albeit a great TD, but he still struggled out there as well underthrowing guys.

I'll have to look it up, I may be remembering it wrong, but Brady wasn't performing in the game whether or not he go hurt is how I remember it. Of course I'm a Bledsoe fan, it's kind of a requirement for being a WSU alumni. :smile: (We don't mention Leaf)

interesting the last sentence of your post shows up in the quote but didn't when I first read it

I'll have to look it up, I may be remembering it wrong, but Brady wasn't performing in the game whether or not he go hurt is how I remember it. Of course I'm a Bledsoe fan, it's kind of a requirement for being a WSU alumni. :smile: (We don't mention Leaf)

interesting the last sentence of your post shows up in the quote but didn't when I first read it

Please do look it up. He got hit bad and could not walk. We were standing on the side lines as he was getting assistance. Bledsoe came in completed less than half of his passes, but won the game. No way he gets his job back after that.

Please do look it up. He got hit bad and could not walk. We were standing on the side lines as he was getting assistance. Bledsoe came in completed less than half of his passes, but won the game. No way he gets his job back after that.

I was mistaken, it wasn't the Snow Bowl but the following game against Pittsburgh. It was the Snow Bowl that Brady fumbled the ball (until the refs blew the call) that would have ended the game. No way that wasn't a fumble :D

Bledsoe may not have been stellar against Pittsburgh but he was the QB that led them to a win against the team they weren't supposed to beat. 10-21 102yds 1TD

How about Brady's performance in the following game, the Superbowl, 16 of 27 145yds and 1 TD. Not stellar numbers there yet good enough for MVP.

10 of 21 102 yds 1TD vs 16 of 27 145 yds and 1TD (the 1st set against arguably a better defense more yards per completion, the second set for a better completion % but fewer yards). So no way Brady gets the starting job on numbers. :alien:

According to this http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=220127023 Brady wasn't hurt bad enough that he couldn't have returned to the game, according to the coach.

10 of 21 102 yds 1TD vs 16 of 27 145 yds and 1TD (mathematically the 1st set of numbers are better and arguably against a better defense). So no way Brady gets the starting job on numbers. :alien:

No offense, but I cannot disagree more. The big number for QBs is completion percentage. Completing less than 50% of your passes is guaranteed benching in the NFL. Im not sure I follow the mathematically part, but they both had 11 incomplete passes, yet Brady had 6 more completions. And clearly they made the right choice....That is the part that seems to be lost in being a fan. He lost his job when he got hurt and the young kid looked good. He came in when Brady got hurt and won the game, despite playing average at best. They went on to Brady that took them to multiple championships.

You are arguing that he shouldnt have lost his job to injury, and yet want Brady to do the same. Then said it was not an injury (which it was) and now are saying that 10 of 21 is better than 16 of 27. Im so confused by those thoughts, so please forgive me on this one. Im surprised even a really big fan could argue that.

No offense, but I cannot disagree more. The big number for QBs is completion percentage. Completing less than 50% of your passes is guaranteed benching in the NFL. Im not sure I follow the mathematically part, but they both had 11 incomplete passes, yet Brady had 6 more completions. And clearly they made the right choice....That is the part that seems to be lost in being a fan. He lost his job when he got hurt and the young kid looked good. He came in when Brady got hurt and won the game, despite playing average at best. They went on to Brady that took them to multiple championships.

You are arguing that he shouldnt have lost his job to injury, and yet want Brady to do the same. Then said it was not an injury (which it was) and now are saying that 10 of 21 is better than 16 of 27. Im so confused by those thoughts, so please forgive me on this one. Im surprised even a really big fan could argue that.

Sorry, I tried to edit that statement before you saw it, did some math wrong in my head.

To me the completion % doesn't state much in the 2 games. I don't know how the passes were called against the 2 different opponents. One for barely less than 50% completion against a better defense but more yds per reception and one barely less than 60% against a great defense for less than 10 yds a reception.

I'm not going to debate it anymore. Thanks for the input though.

I should answer this part of the question though "You are arguing that he shouldnt have lost his job to injury, and yet want Brady to do the same." In my opinion Brady wasn't the starting QB, he didn't earn the starting role he took over the role when Bledsoe was injured. To me, the starting QB is the QB that wins the job going into the season until they do not perform and lose that job. That's how I see it right or wrong.

:drinks:

I should answer this part of the question though "You are arguing that he shouldnt have lost his job to injury, and yet want Brady to do the same." In my opinion Brady wasn't the starting QB, he didn't earn the starting role he took over the role when Bledsoe was injured. To me, the starting QB is the QB that wins the job going into the season until they do not perform and lose that job. That's how I see it right or wrong.

:drinks:

All I can do is quote exactly what I said before.

The person that starts the game under center is the starting QB despite what any fan wants to believe.
One more thing to add 16-27 for 145 and a TD is a pretty darn good performance for any QB in a superbowl. Had Bledsoe done that, we may not be going back and forth. However he didnt. He completed less than half of his passes and the team made the right choice (which is obvious). Once again I think subjectivity is a little lost here.

I personally dont think Gabbert or Newton will do well in the NFL.

Gabbert threw a bunch of 7 yard passes in college...ala Brady Quinn

Newton might do better, but I dont think it will be much better and not pro-bowl caliber

I personally dont think Gabbert or Newton will do well in the NFL.

Gabbert threw a bunch of 7 yard passes in college...ala Brady Quinn

Newton might do better, but I dont think it will be much better and not pro-bowl caliber

Yeah I don't think Gabbert has the mental game to make it. Watching him in college he got rattled pretty easily and would start missing his throws high. Pressure from the right (causing him to transition left) also caused him significant problems.

Did anyone else see Dareus on sports science on espn? He's a freaking beast. I want him in Carolina.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Being a Browns fan, I am hoping for A.J. Green, Julio Jones, or Robert Quinn. If Patrick Peterson falls to 6 like some mocks have him doing, I will do my little happy dance when Heckert and Holmgren throw everything out the door. Best player in the draft....by a mile! Haden and Peterson would shut down the AFC North for years to come.

Peterson may not be the smart pick for the Browns because of drafting Haden last year, but you win more (at the draft) when you go BPA.

Peterson, Green, Jones, Quinn.... in that order. Give me one of those 4 and I will be happy.

SO EXCITED FOR THURSDAY NIGHT!

Guys lets move the draft banter over to the contest thread. maybe get some people excited and jumping in for some fun.

Guys lets move the draft banter over to the contest thread. maybe get some people excited and jumping in for some fun.

key doke

Does anyone think the Skins are going for a QB or are set with Grossman running the ship?

Does anyone think the Skins are going for a QB or are set with Grossman running the ship?

I heard Jay Cutler drafted Kristin Cavalleri. She should work on a rookie pay scale. Must be all the talk of the royal wedding that's getting to him. :D

Peyton hillis gets the madden cover over vick. They just announced it on sportsnation.

All I can do is quote exactly what I said before.

The person that starts the game under center is the starting QB despite what any fan wants to believe.
One more thing to add 16-27 for 145 and a TD is a pretty darn good performance for any QB in a superbowl. Had Bledsoe done that, we may not be going back and forth. However he didnt. He completed less than half of his passes and the team made the right choice (which is obvious). Once again I think subjectivity is a little lost here.

Nope, full of subjectivity here just lacking objectivity. :angel:

Looked at Bledsoe's career stats last night and now I don't know what to think. I guess I just remember him as being better. :doh:

Back