The lower back pain thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
What the hell is with lower back pain? I get it after every round, every range session and sometimes after just sitting in my chair. I hate it. Ive been doing some stretches every day and night and that has helped a lot. But it always comes back. Anyone got any tips or do I just need to see a doctor? Or am I just doing something that wrong in my swing?

Where is the pain Kevin? Lower back? Down your leg and lower back?

They say pain in the back can often come from problems in the front, if you carry any extra pounds around the waist, that can pull on the back and any core strengthening can also help with alleviate stress/tension on the lower back.

I have the same problem but mine is from family genes ( diagnosed in my youth with some problem I can't ever say or spell) and the fact I am carrying too much weight ( big :nono: that I really need to get working on) . Like I mentioned in another thread, one or two Aleeve before the round is usualy good to get me through the round and to the 19th hole.

JB, Hanks and now OEM, its sad to see THP getting old right before our eyes!

I have the same issues OEM. I think we're almost the same people but I like customization. I have this mild muscle relaxer (scalaxin????) and its awesome. Doesnt make me feel loopy and really does the trick. I get it so bad sometimes I can't make a golf swing unless I take some meds. It one of the reasons I decided to lose weight lol. That's just in my situation though. Doc said it could be stress too.

how low man? below the hips into the tail bone area or right around the waist line?
Just right in my lower back area.

yeah, I always said that I don't feel as old as I am but lately I feel older than I am.

CB thats probably more true then you know. Ive lifted weights my whole life just because I like to be in shape and never had back pain. But I always stayed away from the stuff that can result in back problems because my Dad had back surgery for a slipped disc. Then I decided to do dead lifts once and I swear my back has never been the same. I was even very careful about how I did it too being sure to have good form and didnt do much weight ether. Getting old sucks.

I've just started getting some lower back pain. Not coincidentally, I am turning 40 in a few months and am carrying 30 extra lbs. I need to lose the weight and I am sure the pain will go away. Similar to some above, I take a couple of alleve/ibuprofen ahead of time and that normally keeps the pain to a minimum.

how low man? below the hips into the tail bone area or right around the waist line?

yeah, I always said that I don't feel as old as I am but lately I feel older than I am.

Its above the hips like in the area above the tail bone. Its even a little sore to the touch about 4" up or so.

Just right in my lower back area.
I know my back will get stiff when I spend a lot of time on the practice putting green. I'm exercising to strengthen my back and I'm sure it's just from not working it out as much as I need to and getting stronger.

Its above the hips like in the area above the tail bone. Its even a little sore to the touch about 4" up or so.
That's where my pain is.

my lower back has been tight for about a week now. Once I get golfing it's ok, but then about 30 mins after it hurts like an SOB. I told Nerfny I may need to stop at the spa down at PGA National and see if that helps

I can add 6-10 more names to that list... maybe we should think about a sponsor like:

product-doans.jpg

Yoccos, is that stuff available over the counter?

No sir its not :( Its awesome though. Believe that.

I can add 6-10 more names to that list... maybe we should think about a sponsor like:

product-doans.jpg

Yoccos, is that stuff available over the counter?

YOu must strengthen your core. I have the same issues and stretching relieves the pain but core work will eliminate the pain. It will also make your golf swing stronger. Sit ups (side and front) leg raises, plank exercises, or work on the yoga ball can help as well.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/287437-golf-specific-workout-program/

Ive been on the look out for a good golf core workout, I'll check this one out. I always get sidetracked on these with the "WANT MONSTER DRIVES?" links lmao

Thats where mine is. Why??? LOL. Now I'm pondering lower back pain instead of irons.

If the pain shoots down your lrg more than likely you have sciatica. It's usually caused by disc material pressing against the sciatic nerve bundle.
I've been comtemplating surgery to have mine repaired

Ive heard so many things about back pain I never know what to believe. Its stress. Its the weather. Its the shaft. Bad posture. Bad genes. I just want it to go away damn it.

Has anyone ever read this guys book? Ive heard good things about it but have yet to take the plunge http://www.healingbackpain.com/

I guess it's our ADD, I always end up getting side tracked...:cyclops:

Ive been on the look out for a good golf core workout, I'll check this one out. I always get sidetracked on these with the "WANT MONSTER DRIVES?" links lmao

Ive heard so many things about back pain I never know what to believe. Its stress. Its the weather. Its the shaft. Bad posture. Bad genes. I just want it to go away damn it.

Has anyone ever read this guys book? Ive heard good things about it but have yet to take the plunge http://www.healingbackpain.com/

I've heard Howard Stern talk about him all the time, almost has a cult-ish following which always put me off... but anything is worth a try I suppose

You know what man, that makes sense. When I was about 4 or 5 my family was in a major accident and I broke some vertebra. I wiki'd the sciatica and it makes sense. Missaligned vertebra can be a cause. I mentioned this to the doc a few times before and he was all, maybe lol. He didnt really care haha.

If the pain shoots down your lrg more than likely you have sciatica. It's usually caused by disc material pressing against the sciatic nerve bundle.
I've been comtemplating surgery to have mine repaired

I think core training and strengthing and weight loss in my case would be the answer. Not sure what you ca get out of reading a book but I guss it would not hurt to read it to see what he has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back