The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I just replied to the never ending complaining about the money in this thread, from LIV fans.

There's no hypocrisy that I see, LIV is a fully paid tour, employees making 100% of their money from PIF, nothing else is.

That's why nobody is complaining about other investments from the Saudis, they're not the same situation as LIV, end of story, so stop trying to get golf fans to see some sort of double standard that doesn't exist.

This is a masterclass in deflection.

I just replied to the never ending complaining about the money in this thread, from LIV fans.

There's no hypocrisy that I see, LIV is a fully paid tour, employees making 100% of their money from PIF, nothing else is.

That's why nobody is complaining about other investments from the Saudis, they're not the same situation as LIV, end of story, so stop trying to get golf fans to see some sort of double standard that doesn't exist.

Attachments

• animalhousefacepalm.gif
    animalhousefacepalm.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Some serious mental gymnastics going on in here. :rolleyes:

You mean like this post? yeah, it's a tad convoluted for sure.

Tiger is the reason the PIF negations broke down and the SSG deal was accomplished.

What does TW care if the PGAT takes a significant revenue hit. He got his billion and with his inability to compete has his sights set on TGL for more personal revenue.

The PIF got played and should've stayed the course in court because PGAT being a monopoly is a slam dunk.

The Saudi's was winning with the legal fees the PGAT was incurring.

Fred Ridley says he likes the ecosystem but it's a closed system to LIV golf.

LIV has many paths to be on the roster so spare me LIV being a closed shop.

In the end greed will be the PGAT demise, viewership is down and purses are up which is not a long term sustainable plan.

No Asterisks

Did Phil just hint that LIV Players might boycott the Majors in order to prove a point?

Yahoo Article

Apples and oranges, but keep trying.

I don't care about "investments" in something I buy, can't really do anything about that, I need the stuff, but I can ignore LIV, which is a wholly owned sports tour, I can ignore them without missing a beat in life.

But as I've said many times here, the money/morality thing is hardly a big issue, the only reason LIV fans keep on pressing it is because it's all they have to argue, "double standards!!", pfff, nobody really cares about that honestly, well except for the sponsors of course.

Who are these LIV fans? The product is pretty bad, the viewership is non-existent, but - the competitors are pretty darn good. The talent drain to LIV was significant. PGA events are being won by folks most have never heard of.

LIV pays Brandon Grace (Who???? Exactly!) $29 million to play, which is as much as Colin Morikawa earns. My point is that LIV has the money to keep picking off PGA talent and that does give them leverage. We all want to see the best compete, how we get to that is another story altogether.

Who are these LIV fans? The product is pretty bad, the viewership is non-existent, but - the competitors are pretty darn good. The talent drain to LIV was significant. PGA events are being won by folks most have never heard of.

LIV pays Brandon Grace (Who???? Exactly!) $29 million to play, which is as much as Colin Morikawa earns. My point is that LIV has the money to keep picking off PGA talent and that does give them leverage. We all want to see the best compete, how we get to that is another story altogether.
I am a LIV fan and can tell you that the product is actually really good. I also don't think I have to tear down the PGAT to make LIV look better. I think the PGAT has some really good tournaments going on as well.

Imagine that......I can like both and not be an evil person.

I rarely watch the USPGA tour coverage. I find it too slow and far too much talk for my taste. Nowhere near the action coverage that the LIV product enjoys.

The product is really good. Lots of world class golf and no commercials. 😀 I like PGA tournaments as well, but watching them is getting tough with all the commercials. I get it, they have to pay the bills, but since I am allergic to commercials, I'm watching LIV more.

I am a LIV fan and can tell you that the product is actually really good. I also don't think I have to tear down the PGAT to make LIV look better. I think the PGAT has some really good tournaments going on as well.

Second this well said post. It is easy to like both👌

LIV pays Brandon Grace (Who???? Exactly!) $29 million to play, which is as much as Colin Morikawa earns. My point is that LIV has the money to keep picking off PGA talent and that does give them leverage.

We all want to see the best compete, how we get to that is another story altogether.

I agree, but I want to see them compete on the PGA Tour - not for just three days (with no cut), a shotgun start, music blasting, teams, and courses I've never heard of.

Same. I enjoy watching good golf, no matter the tour.* I also like the team aspect that LIV offers...it makes the tournament a bit more compelling. As far as the majors go, I just want to watch the best players competing.

*I watch everything from college golf, to the Asian Tour, etc.

Same. I enjoy watching good golf, no matter the tour.* I also like the team aspect that LIV offers...it makes the tournament a bit more compelling. As far as the majors go, I just want to watch the best players competing.

*I watch everything from college golf, to the Asian Tour, etc.
I’m with you. I watch golf regardless of tour and regardless of who is playing.

I agree, but I want to see them compete on the PGA Tour - not for just three days (with no cut), a shotgun start, music blasting, teams, and courses I've never heard of.
Like Doral, Greenbriar and Valderama?

I rarely watch the USPGA tour coverage. I find it too slow and far too much talk for my taste. Nowhere near the action coverage that the LIV product enjoys.
I am a LIV fan and can tell you that the product is actually really good.
Must be thousands of fans worldwide....
I agree, I am not a fan of the LIV product -- but, I do like the team concept.

Since quite a few of you like the team concept, I've got an idea: an event with 4-man scramble teams!

Can you imagine how low the pro's could go if they each got to hit a drive, an approach shot, and a putt? The scores would be soooo low!

I think it would be fun to watch.

Did Phil just hint that LIV Players might boycott the Majors in order to prove a point?

Yahoo Article
I think that was his point. I think he realized later how dumb that idea is and later pulled it down.

I think that was his point. I think he realized later how dumb that idea is and later pulled it down
Jay remembers the last time he thought Uncle Phil was bluffing...

I think that was his point. I think he realized later how dumb that idea is and later pulled it down.
Seemingly only if one reads between the lines. I didn’t see boycott mentioned in Phil’s response, did I miss something?

Back