The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

So, you are saying that Rory has been consistent in his opinions and not saying any conflicting things?
I don't follow Rory's comments on a regular basis. I can't believe the pro golfers who taught me, would do business with this country.

And they'll say it's "been in the works for a long time; it was their idea." Has the PGAT become the Apple of golf?
I heard LIV is allowing mulligans.

I heard LIV is allowing mulligans.
Maybe they will go nuts and handicap an event by 10 strokes. Could you imagine?

I don't follow Rory's comments on a regular basis. I can't believe the pro golfers who taught me, would do business with this country.

You're so virtuous, and have been this whole thread. /s

You've done business with the Saudis, whether you know it or not.

And while you're being so righteous, why don't you give up everything in your life that comes from China.

You're a hypocrite. And blind to reality.

I cannot love this post enough.

@Vader, respectful reminder: Management has nicely asked us to please lower the vitriol a notch ;)

That's tame, and I've been here the whole time.

If that gets me kicked, or reprimanded, so be it.
There’s no need for even this dude. Not worth it.

If anything changes in the PGA I hope this is the first thing...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I said that I would not watch LIV Golf until it was on cable or networkTV. Well, it's on cable so I tuned in for 10-15 minutes, that's all I could stand. I realize that this is a pro LIV Golf site but my opinion is that LIV Golf is not the future of golf like Cam Smith proclaimed. Can't believe that he gave up a budding career for this.....

I compared LIV Golf to a silly season event.......that's an insult to all silly season events. Just my opinion tho...

I said that I would not watch LIV Golf until it was on cable or networkTV. Well, it's on cable so I tuned in for 10-15 minutes, that's all I could stand. I realize that this is a pro LIV Golf site but my opinion is that LIV Golf is not the future of golf like Cam Smith proclaimed. Can't believe that he gave up a budding career for this.....

I compared LIV Golf to a silly season event.......that's an insult to all silly season events. Just my opinion tho...
Why?

Can't wait till the PGAT starts to play second fiddle to LIV events...

Can't wait till the PGAT starts to play second fiddle to LIV events...
Seems unlikely unless LIV continues the $100M signing bonus trend, which I assumed would taper off significantly once it was more of a known entity.

Like it or not this tour is likely here to stay in some format- still not a fan personally but one cannot deny they now have a substantial base of talent with a good percentage of recent major winners etc, and are obviously forcing the PGA Tour to react in kind with larger purses and revised format. Next step is for this tour to get world points and if they do more top tier players may bolt over. Maybe one day some kind of merger of agreement?

If, by "pro-LIV," you really mean "not anti-LIV," then yes ;)
I don’t think it’s the site in general of course, but there are definitely some very loud pro LIV on here. There are very loud pro PGA tour as well though, as there are quite a few people on THP. Bound to get both sides.

I don’t think it’s a crazy viewpoint when in this thread to think that a ton of people seem to be backers of LIV with comments made, but if you take offense to it there is plenty of content on THP to not have to worry about it.

I don’t think it’s the site in general of course, but there are definitely some very loud pro LIV on here. There are very loud pro PGA tour as well though, as there are quite a few people on THP. Bound to get both sides.

I don’t think it’s a crazy viewpoint when in this thread to think that a ton of people seem to be backers of LIV with comments made, but if you take offense to it there is plenty of content on THP to not have to worry about it.
I don't take offense at all.
I just find it ridiculously laughable when someone tells me this is the future of golf with a straight face......LOL!

I just find it ridiculously laughable when someone tells me this is the future of golf with a straight face......LOL!
Is it as absurd as someone that says they don't like it, won't watch it, finally watched 10 minutes and said they still don't watch it and yet come to a website to talk about nothing else but it? That is a genuine question.

This isn't a Pro LIV golf website. This is a website that allows all opinions.

I find it ridiculously laughable when someone tells me their opinion is the correct and only opinion you should have, and if you are against me you are wrong.

We get you don’t like LIV it has been more than obvious and I am completely ok with it, it’s your choice. However there are some of us who are curious, intrigued and open to something new. Hence why this thread was started. Some, myself included, actually like the PGA & LIV and hope they are both successful.

Last edited:
Some, myself included, actually like the PGA & LIV and hope they are both successful.

This.

The logical fallacy of the false dichotomy is strong in this thread. The idea that if you like the PGA Tour you can't like LIV and vice versa is absurd.

Granted, I wish it all played out differently, but, since it didn't, I want LIV to pressure the PGA to make changes. And they are.

Back