The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Saw that last night, he’s an idiot. Looked like a pre-schooler sitting at the big boy table.

Xander has no love lost for him either.

Maybe Jay gets a new sponsor from Bag Boy. 😂

I like Scottie but telling fans to direct their "anger" at LIV players is a punk move.
It's the powers that be that are precluding the LIV players from participating. I'm sure Rahm, Smith, etc., would love to play this week. As I have said before, despite what Jay might say, he doesn't have the best interests of the fans in mind.

It's the powers that be that are precluding the LIV players from participating. I'm sure Rahm, Smith, etc., would love to play this week. As I have said before, despite what Jay might say, he doesn't have the best interests of the fans in mind.
The same can be said for LIV though too right? Neither league has the best interest of the fans in mind and that’s the issue.

Jay is a b*tch.

And you know this to be a fact, how?

Fair enough, safe assumption, and the list of LIV sponsors is testament to this, nobody wants to touch this Saudi money but the players, and maybe the PGAT. maybe. Talk about double standards all you like but this Saudi money is a hot button and that's why the PGAT is balking right now, that's why there is no merger, they need to convince a lot of partners to get on board.

Or...after the initial batch of guys who left and were banned by the tour, every guy who left after that was aware about their choice. If Cam Smith and Rahm really wanted to continue playing in The Players, they wouldn't have left.

Their choice, good on them, but let's not act like they really want to be in this tournament.

The same can be said for LIV though too right? Neither league has the best interest of the fans in mind and that’s the issue.
Not really. LIV doesn't have anything that can compete with the Players, and the majors.

Fair enough, safe assumption, and the list of LIV sponsors is testament to this, nobody wants to touch this Saudi money but the players, and maybe the PGAT. maybe. Talk about double standards all you like but this Saudi money is a hot button and that's why the PGAT is balking right now, that's why there is no merger, they need to convince a lot of partners to get on board.
Jay cornered himself with the SSG $$ he took. Now he has to turn a profit and provide some tangible ROI for that group. With PIF, they could withstand “financial losses” while they build up the next version of the PGAT and he chose otherwise.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Jay maneuvers this one

PIF has created over 644,000 jobs globally with 93 companies but nobody wants to touch the Saudi money other than golf players. :ROFLMAO:

PIF and ATP announce multi-year strategic partnership to accelerate the growth of global tennis

I guess tennis players like Saudi money also.:ROFLMAO:

Let me get ready to catch up on this thread

Tinfoil Hat GIF by The Tick

Not really. LIV doesn't have anything that can compete with the Players, and the majors.
My point is both leagues are set up to not allow players from the other league to just randomly hop into weeks they want to play.

You missed my point.
No I didn't miss your point. The powers that be gave the players a choice. Play in The Players or go to LIV. The choice to not be at Sawgrass is on the golfers, not the PGA Tour.

My point is both leagues are set up to not allow players from the other league to just randomly hop into weeks they want to play.
I'm only talking about the Players and the majors. Nothing random about those. If you don't want to see the best players on the world compete in these five tournaments, that's fine. I just have a different opinion.

No I didn't miss your point. The powers that be gave the players a choice. Play in The Players or go to LIV. The choice to not be at Sawgrass is on the golfers, not the PGA Tour.
You continue to miss it. 🤷‍♂️

No, I didn't miss your point. I don't agree with your point.
Yes, you missed it, because what you are saying is irrelevant to my point. But, I have no problem with that. I'm not going to try and convince you of anything.

Exactly! Scottie screaming about LIV players yet Jay can lift the suspensions with a strike of a pen. I bet a few of the top players would play in the Players but they're not allowed so this is only hurting the PGAT, the fans, and TV network viewership.

Friendly reminder the guy making these brilliant decisions makes $20 million a year.:banghead:

Yes, you missed it, because what you are saying is irrelevant to my point. But, I have no problem with that. I'm not going to try and convince you of anything.
This is the post I started with...
It's the powers that be that are precluding the LIV players from participating. I'm sure Rahm, Smith, etc., would love to play this week.
That's not true because if they really wanted to play in The Players, they wouldn't have gone to LIV. They knew this wasa results of their choice.
As I have said before, despite what Jay might say, he doesn't have the best interests of the fans in mind.
But I do agree with this. Jay and the Tour don't care about fans. They care most about the same thing PIF cares about.

💴💶💷💳💴💶💷💵

Exactly! Scottie screaming about LIV players yet Jay can lift the suspensions with a strike of a pen. I bet a few of the top players would play in the Players but they're not allowed so this is only hurting the PGAT, the fans, and TV network viewership.

Friendly reminder the guy making these brilliant decisions makes $20 million a year.:banghead:
Could those players not allowed to play in The Players have also made a choice to play in this tournament by putting down the pen and not signing with LIV?

Could those players not allowed to play in The Players have also made a choice to play in this tournament by putting down the pen and not signing with LIV?

It didn’t seem that important to them when they were signing those contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It didn’t seem that important to them when they were signing those contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offered $120 M and the opportunity to play less golf with larger purses than The Players and spend more time with family and friends...... Hmmmm.. that's a hard one.

They took the 120 M and play less golf now they want to play the big tournaments . I watch the golf for the golf don't care who plays lots of good shots not watching and thinking boy I sure wish DJ or Rahm was playing .

They took the 120 M and play less golf now they want to play the big tournaments . I watch the golf for the golf don't care who plays lots of good shots not watching and thinking boy I sure wish DJ or Rahm was playing .
By this logic, you would prefer LIV Golf and commercial free hours of coverage.

Back