The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Show me one player or media outlet that said the rankings were flawed before LIV and maybe I'll give it some merit, otherwise it's just LIV trying to change the rules.

Someone should start a new tour with 12 guys and one round, play nothing but easy country club courses, then demand points, I wonder how many LIV fans would support that? no difference.

OWGR is not flawed, it's working just fine, only those pro golfers that play the same level of competition should get points that can get them into Majors, these little tournaments like The Hero are irrelevant, nobody is making moves in the raking with those few points, it's all about the full tours that a player can actually make moves with.
Is the Asian Tour the same level as the PGA Tour? DPWT? KFT? Latin American? Are those all the same level as the PGAT?

Tiger Woods moved 430 spots with his 18th place finish at the 2023 Hero.

This is where the 4 majors need to take change and take a stand. The 4 majors are the only good thing in golf right now, hell, THEY ARE golf right now…
They will follow Augusta's lead. The Open and US Open would be the last to change because they are open and anyone can qualify for them. They have the luxury of waiting out to see what The Masters does and the PGA is just along for the ride.

They will follow Augusta's lead. The Open and US Open would be the last to change because they are open and anyone can qualify for them. They have the luxury of waiting out to see what The Masters does and the PGA is just along for the ride.
Agreed on Augusta’s influence, but the opens could really make a statement here by guaranteeing a few spots for LIV’s top 3.

Hopefully they wait a year though. I’d hate to waste all this on Talor Gooch

Show me one player or media outlet that said the rankings were flawed before LIV and maybe I'll give it some merit, otherwise it's just LIV trying to change the rules.

Someone should start a new tour with 12 guys and one round, play nothing but easy country club courses, then demand points, I wonder how many LIV fans would support that? no difference.

OWGR is not flawed, it's working just fine, only those pro golfers that play the same level of competition should get points that can get them into Majors, these little tournaments like The Hero are irrelevant, nobody is making moves in the ranking with those events, it's all about the full tours that a player can actually make moves with.
The one you are typing this on.
For 15 years we have said the rankings were severely flawed and they have evolved, but still not where they should be when a tournament like the Hero is earning points.

Is the Asian Tour the same level as the PGA Tour? DPWT? KFT? Latin American? Are those all the same level as the PGAT?

Yes, all compliant.

And Tiger may have moved up, but where was he going from there? was there more Hero's for him? nope.

That's the difference between annual events and a tour, you can't become a top ranked player with non-compliant annual events alone, but you can on a tour if points were awarded.

You mean the tournament with 18 people, that is hand selected by him, that he didnt finish and has no cut?
100% compliant

You mean the tournament with 18 people, that is hand selected by him, that he didnt finish and has no cut?
100% compliant
That's the one. Same level.

You have to admit that number is a "little" misleading right? I mean, it is accurate, but it is not that many people. It is kind of the stats game at work. It is legit, but you have to think about it as well.

I think there are give or take 10 players total on LIV that are impactful..

Also, those players won as PGAT members, so LIV has nothing to do with most of those wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, those players won as PGAT members, so LIV has nothing to do with most of those wins.

Not all of them...And I am unsure how that part matters.

“The same level of competition” argument is all but dead. You can’t continue to say PGAT has the best players and best competition when they simply don’t

I don't disagree there is bias. But LIV also didn't even try to meet the guidelines..

That has been the case all along. It seems like they just wanted to buy their way in without having to follow ANY guidelines.

The governing bodies denying LIV points is absolutely biased bc if they went off precedent with tournaments like The Hero, Zurich and Aramco, they would give them some kind of points. Maybe not full points bc of no cut and 54 holes, but they should get something and denying them is 100% the governing bodies being petty.

Those tournaments are all sanctioned events by tours that ALREADY meet OWGR guidelines. And they are one-offs. Not the entire tours format.

Those tournaments are all sanctioned events by tours that ALREADY meet OWGR guidelines. And they are one-offs. Not the entire tours format.

Yes I know that but you’re missing my point. They are not traditional 72 hole no cut events is my point. I don’t think LIV gets full points bc it’s 54 holes and no cut but they should get something bc other non traditional events set the precedent

Yes I know that but you’re missing my point. They are not traditional 72 hole no cut events is my point. I don’t think LIV gets full points bc it’s 54 holes and no cut but they should get something bc other non traditional events set the precedent

I agree they SHOULD get something. But I get the impression that Norman went in making demands as opposed to negotiating, so they never got a chance to work out an arrangement that works for everyone. Just my opinion.

I agree they SHOULD get something. But I get the impression that Norman went in making demands as opposed to negotiating, so they never got a chance to work out an arrangement that works for everyone. Just my opinion.

Thats not how it works.
Its an application that is filed, which was done.

All professional golfers should be ranked to get an accurate representation of who the best players in the world are. That is the whole point of the golf rankings. If they choose to ignore players then the system is not doing what is should. End of story.

I am not trying or even wanting to be argumentative here. I think this is a good discussion.

I guess, I would ask it this way. Is the TGL going to get OWGR points? I don't think they are even going to try but lets say they did. New league, kinda golf, need to rank activities. Should they get them if they wanted? Scrap intent to meet guidelines? And if LIV got point not meeting guidelines shouldn't TGL get them?

I guarantee that if TGL does get points it will be because they worked out the details before starting. LIV just showed up and basically said “We’re here, now give our players points.”

How many LIV guys would be willing to change to 72 holes and accept reduced points for no cut, limited field and team play?

They are under contract now. They’ll do whatever their bosses decide to do.

I guarantee that if TGL does get points it will be because they worked out the details before starting. LIV just showed up and basically said “We’re here, now give our players points.”

If TGL gets points then we know that OWGR is a scam

Monahan is the one that won't negotiate. Look what it got him.

Monahan is the one that won't negotiate. Look what it got him.

Maybe. But Norman has been trying to stick it to PGAT for a long time. So that has something to do with it as well.

LIV just showed up and basically said “We’re here, now give our players points.”

wrong chicken GIF by happydog

If TGL gets points over LIv then we know the governing bodies and The OWGR are not legit or serious about ranking the best players

If TGL gets points over LIv then we know the governing bodies and The OWGR are not legit or serious about ranking the best players
There is literally ZERO chance TGL gets points. That is just crazy talk. They arent playing golf.

Back