The Last Hole You Played

Par. Drive to under a tree. Punch-out with a hybrid (ate up a lot of yards). Pitch to 15 feet. Putt. Ho-hum. Just another day at the office.

Par

Bogey

Lousy triple. <hangs head in shame>

Birdied it the time before. Such is the life of a mid HC player 🤷‍♂️

IMG_8514.jpeg

Birdie. Tee shot on this par 3 hit the stick, the cup liner, and kicked out of the hole I guess to about 6ft. Made it, but maaannnnnn come on nnn.

Bogey

146 complete water carry. My playing partner said, “wow you haven’t lost a ball today!”as I was teeing up. Got a decent 7 iron but not enough. BUT, It hit a rock and Shot to the right!!! A pitch and 2 putts later had a bogey and a really smug look. It felt good,

Bogey.

Bogey.

400 yard par 4. On in 2. Long birdie putt, just missed the 5 foot par putt.

Miracle par

Bogey. Nice drive. Second to the middle of the green. Still had a pretty steep right to left putt about 30 ft. Coming up short on uphill putts all day. Greens were slow because it was drizzling most of the round. I put my first putt about 6 ft past the hole and just miss the 6 footer. Second time in 3 holes I 3 putted on a GIR.

A stupid double bogey 7 after laying my 2nd up into good position just short of the hazard bisecting the 18th fairway at my home course. 2nd shot layup was the exact same shot & distance so I was pretty confident hitting my 3rd but tugged it just enough to hit the fringe and dribble down into to greenside pond.

I had just doubled the P3 17th too. That DB/DB finish stung worse when I later learned I shot 79 so I would have been only +3 after 16th. I could've tied my best home course score of the season even if I had limped in with a pair of bogeys.
doub18.PNG

Last edited:
Conceded Par on a playoff hole in Thursday league. We lost...

-1. But it was a silly 468 yard par 5. Just because of a forced carry 50 yards short of the green. I had muscle spasms all back 9, but I had just had to to yank out the big stick, turn it over into the wind into the generous fairway ( yea, about 20 yards shorter than a good back would deliver), then crank a really nice turned over 7 wood to 12'. Missed the eagle but it was a 1' bird. And it was the only hole I had a bird on since #6.........and the only hole I didnt bogie since then either. Back problems suck big time.

Last edited:
Bogie

Par.

Par

Par (Tally Ho #9, 540-yd par 5, Glenview Golf Course - The Villages, Ocala, FL) - missed a 8' birdie putt :/

Double 🤬

June 23, Friday... about 2:45 pm. 9th hole. 470 yd par 5. Hit my tee shot barely 200 yds into the left bunker. Lie was below my feet. Tried to get it out with an 8i. Hit it fat but was successful in getting it into the thick rough on the upper lip (30 yds). Hit a 9i out of that mess about 100 yds. That left another 140 yds. Hit an 8i at the green complex and put it in the right greenside bunker. Probably should've laid up with another 9i and chipped on from the fairway, but oh well - hindsight. Failed to get it out on the first try. Failed to get it out on the second try. Used the hand wedge for the third try. Successful. Two putted. Limped to the car. Threw my clubs in the back seat and drove home. Iced my knee and took a vicodin. Haven't picked up a club since.

Bogey.

2 putt par from 11 feet on a relatively easy P4. Previous round was a 1 putt birdie from 5 feet on a medium length DLL P5.

Par.

Par. 8 foot birdie putt took a look, but got scared of the dark and lipped out.

Back