The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually just thinking the opposite today...somehow I almost think my battery life seems better. I'm not sure if OS 5 is more efficient but I don't notice as much battery drain at this time

I'm watching my battery levels today to see what the difference is now that I have all these "notifications" going on. I've noticed that I'm at 87% already this morning and would usually be around 95% at this point in the day.

I left the house at 6AM and have not done much but a couple iMessages ,lol, and mine is at 92% so far. Weak signal here too. Hard for me to say if its any better or not just yet.

One thing Ive noticed is tons of app updates with the new OS being out. Every time I go into the app store I have more.

stupid question...are you able to update apps and sync over the air or do you need to be plugged in?

I've been getting a TON of emails this morning, each one lighting up on the lock screen. I like this feature..but it may get out of hand and IMO get me less batt life.
(How come with Apple being SO smart and all, they can't figure out which emails I care about and which ones I don't? :confused2:.....:D)

stupid question...are you able to update apps and sync over the air or do you need to be plugged in?

You dont have to be plugged in for anything now. App updates have been wireless for a while now. But now OS updates are OTA too.

You dont have to be plugged in for anything now. App updates have been wireless for a while now. But now OS updates are OTA too.

Nice, that's what I figured

If you have gmail you can set it up so it knows what's important and what's not now. have the crap just go into a folder so it never hits your inbox thus not hitting NC

I've been getting a TON of emails this morning, each one lighting up on the lock screen. I like this feature..but it may get out of hand and IMO get me less batt life.
(How come with Apple being SO smart and all, they can't figure out which emails I care about and which ones I don't? :confused2:.....:D)

What are you talking about?

The stock and weather widgets in the notification center. There should be some more rather than just two. Or maybe allow developers to create widgets?

Do you even know what thread you're in? Again, maybe Apple will work on that for thetardy1.

Chill. I know exactly where I'm at, get on the right side of the ball before making fun of me. haha

If you have gmail you can set it up so it knows what's important and what's not now

And also which ones to show on the screen? Thats pretty epic but sounds like work is involved.

I keep checking the tracking number Verizon sent me to see when I need to run out of work and grab my new phone! I got to mess around with the new iOS5 on my buddies iPhone yesterday and love how easy it is to get around. The notification center is awesome. 6 hours MAX (hopefully way less) left of this stupid crackberry.

I want the weather widget on the lock screen, how hard is that to do? It's in notification tab, but why can I get it on the lock screen?

So has anyone found anything else hidden in the new OS? I need to read up somewhere on it as Im sure there is stuff Im missing.

So has anyone found anything else hidden in the new OS? I need to read up somewhere on it as Im sure there is stuff Im missing.

tipb.com (the iphone blog) has a good post about all 200+ features. I posted the link a few pages back on Wednesday. Some good stuff there, a lot of things I had no idea about. Would look for the link now but i'm on tapatalk.

I have to play around with the editor in the photo app. I heard it's waaaay better. KMac, my Blackjack is quivering like a club in your bag because it knows it's on it's last legs.

Just realized how dumb I am.

I have the iPhone 3g (yes, time for an upgrade) and I have been trying to get it on the new OS like the iPad so easily did. Just kept telling me that I had the latest OS available. Simple google search told me that iOS 5 will not be going onto iPhone 3g. Duh...

tipb.com (the iphone blog) has a good post about all 200+ features. I posted the link a few pages back on Wednesday. Some good stuff there, a lot of things I had no idea about. Would look for the link now but i'm on tapatalk.

Yeah I remember that post, I'll find it and read up.

I have to play around with the editor in the photo app. I heard it's waaaay better. KMac, my Blackjack is quivering like a club in your bag because it knows it's on it's last legs.

It is good because there pretty much wasnt one before. The whole built in photo app has blown chunks since it came out before now. And even this is pretty much not close to Android.

settings-notifications-weather widget-on

I want the weather widget on the lock screen, how hard is that to do? It's in notification tab, but why can I get it on the lock screen?

set it up in gmail so the crap goes to a folder that never hits your inbox. it'll keep it off the NC

And also which ones to show on the screen? Thats pretty epic but sounds like work is involved.

settings-notifications-weather widget-on

set it up in gmail so the crap goes to a folder that never hits your inbox. it'll keep it off the NC

I dont get mine on the lock screen either. Just in the notification center.

Funny article here about the photo streaming feature with iCloud.

Same here. And I bet sooner or later apps like the TWC get updated for the notification center. Yahoo weather is as good as licking your finger and holding it up in the air.

I prefer the accuweather app. Justed updated for iOS5 but still waiting for the 4s to come in to try it out.

Is anyone having problems with calendar sync after upgrading to iOS 5? After the upgrade, the calendar that shows in the notification center is correct, but the calendar app is incorrect and I'm unable to switch between the multiple calendars I sync. Any help would be appreciated, I can't seem to find anything on any site for help. Thanks.

my bad...never mind I misunderstood...hanks is wrong again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back