The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got it to work. I thought there were photo's?
Photos: Pictures taken say on your phone, automatically copy to the Photo Stream album (which automatically appears after OS5) and uploads to iCloud and is distributed to each iDevice you login to iCloud on. That's how pictures are handled. I don't think you'll see an icon for pictures under the iCloud.

You have to setup her phone to disable overwrites or additions and switch off her contacts sync. I had the same issue with my wife's phone but I set her up with a new AppleID just for the cloud and a separate profile for Mail and contacts. I have to figure out how I can configure this all with iCal though since we only use one schedule for that. I'm OCD on contacts as well and I hated that when we first had 2 iPhones in our family.
I'm going to have to handle that.

Lawnguy? Things that make you go hmmm lol
Yeah, I thought about that since she decided to capitalize the G rather than L in lawnGuy...but my theory has always been, if you want her, you can have her...just take the bills with ya when you go. LOL.

iMessage is the same thing as BBM. You can turn your service off and still be able to iMessage over wifi. Faster I guess and you can go from your phone to your iPad and continue the convo.
Gotcha.

Lmao. 2shoes you crack me up dude.

So I enabled the led but there are absolutely no settings for it anywhere. Seems kind of half done or thought out. Like someone threw that in towards one of the final builds and then never added any settings for it.

~Don't drink and tapatalk~

Lmao. 2shoes you crack me up dude.

So I enabled the led but there are absolutely no settings for it anywhere. Seems kind of half done or thought out. Like someone threw that in towards one of the final builds and then never added any settings for it.

That is exactly how I feel about it. It was a total afterthought and not very well done.

That is exactly how I feel about it. It was a total afterthought and not very well done.

Maybe we're missing something? I'm going to research it a bit.

But what does it even do, I see it and it having no settings but I'm sure it's nothing like Androids way of it. What does it do on the iphone i guess is my question.

Maybe we're missing something? I'm going to research it a bit.

Let us know what you find.
Maybe. I kind of hope we are missing something because if not it's a stupid feature, at least for my needs.
I had it set on my alarm this morning, it was a nice feature on the alarm clock. As far as emails/sms go, what I have read is that the phone has to be face down for the LED to work, and that it works in low lit areas? I am reading a lot of conflicting things about how the LED notifications are supposed to work.

I am actually quite pleased with iOS 5. I love the twitter integration and the new camera features seem to be quite nice. I also really like the notifications bar and LOVE the notification pop-ups while using the phone.

I turned off the LED notification (isn't it just the camera flash quickly flashing a bunch?) because I really didn't see a need for it. I also really like that you can decide whether your notifications are visible on the lock screen, which was something people complained about.

So far zero complaints.. Have not dealt with iCloud much at all because I didn't bother to upgrade my Macbook to Lion.

So I have my iPhone turned over and sitting on the desk waiting for something to happen and see some LED action.

this may be annoying at night or in a meeting. I say it twice since I turned it on
So I have my iPhone turned over and sitting on the desk waiting for something to happen and see some LED action.

you staring at it?

You sitting in the dark?

Test it out on your alarm clock, see if thats working.

Its an LED it shouldnt have to be dark to see it. It failed the email test, no LED action.

Its an LED it shouldnt have to be dark to see it. It failed the email test, no LED action.

Some people are saying they are only getting the LED to alert them on Emails in low light places? I honestly have no idea.

My alarm clock is like a strobe light now, hurt my eyes.

Are your notifications set to show emails? I had to adjust mine to show them.

Are you're emails getting the LED to go off?

Are you're emails getting the LED to go off?

I turned off LED notifications almost immediately because I saw no real use for it.. I haven't even tried, I just know my phone was flashing like crazy as I was getting texts and twitter DMs.

Some people are saying they are only getting the LED to alert them on Emails in low light places? I honestly have no idea.

My alarm clock is like a strobe light now, hurt my eyes.

Yeah I have my notification emails on and I have gotten the LED to go off when I called my phone. So far that is the only thing that has caused the LED to go off and it was like a strobe light.

Yeah I have my notification emails on and I have gotten the LED to go off when I called my phone. So far that is the only thing that has caused the LED to go off and it was like a strobe light.

great now people will have seizures from the led notifications

haha that's exactly why I turned mine off.. I was at a hockey game and my phone was having its' own little techno party.

What Im curious about is if they left this open to App developers to take advantage of or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back