The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ones for Canadan...

apple-lead.jpg

I recall when google maps was still under development. It was pretty lackluster itself. That being said though. Apple, who prides themselves on quality and the "best user interaction" should have sucked up their disdain for Google for another year or two until they were ready to compete.

Then again, when I used Google Maps to try and locate Golftec a year and a half or so ago it put me four blocks away. That isn't the only time either. Numerous times I've been led to the wrong block, street, or intersection.

Google is better than Apple Maps. But you do have to give them time. Just like we did when Google started.

I let Siri do my THP'ing on my iPhone 5

Try Waze over both map programs. The info on traffic, speed traps, speed cameras, etc...is invaluable. Makes long trips a breeze and less expensive. :)

Chunky, text me already would ya?!

Chunky, text me already would ya?!

I don't think iPhone 1 even works anymore... I thought it was just a collector piece/relic/paper weight.

Try Waze over both map programs. The info on traffic, speed traps, speed cameras, etc...is invaluable. Makes long trips a breeze and less expensive. :)

I agree. Works pretty well and has a game element to it.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

I have to say, I played with the 5 and thought it was the smoothest phone experience I've seen to date. I'm kinda torn again, butjust don't want another contract.

It was fast, responsive and the screen size was actually nice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

For all the apple maps issues people have been having, I've yet to have an issue. Used it 4 times today showing property and each time it took me to the correct address. Maybe it's a bigger issue in higher traffic areas like a NYC?

For all the apple maps issues people have been having, I've yet to have an issue. Used it 4 times today showing property and each time it took me to the correct address. Maybe it's a bigger issue in higher traffic areas like a NYC?

Ask GG about issues. She curses that thing regularly including tonight on the way to dinner.

My wife upgraded to ios6 and had had nothing but problems. For some reason it keeps logging my gmail into hers automatically and I have never used gmail on her phone. Also it sends a txt message or iMessage and then 20 minutes later sends it again. Its so weird. Its been really slow and buggy also.

Tap Tap Taparoo

My parents used Apple Maps to get all around the Greenville and Clemson area(s) and anywhere in between. No problems.

Can someone who has an incipio case chime in on what model they have? Looking for case for the gf's new 4s and not seeing very good feedback on the reviews. Want something have front coverage as well (little bumpers similar to the otter box commuter)

Quoting myself to see if anyone has some input for me?

Ask GG about issues. She curses that thing regularly including tonight on the way to dinner.

I actually thought of her while I was driving around. I had no idea why it was working well for me and she's had issues. It doesn't make the least bit of sense to me.

I actually thought of her while I was driving around. I had no idea why it was working well for me and she's had issues. It doesn't make the least bit of sense to me.

I haven't had any issues either. But I have never had an expensive GPS and therefore would probably view an issue differently.

Quoting myself to see if anyone has some input for me?

I got nothing, bro. I'm using the Griffin Clear back case.

I haven't had any issues either. But I have never had an expensive GPS and therefore would probably view an issue differently.

Neither have I, I've used google maps for 6yrs or so?

I got nothin on the case man, I'm holding out for a Mophie case hopefully soon.

Neither have I, I've used google maps for 6yrs or so?

I got nothin on the case man, I'm holding out for a Mophie case hopefully soon.
Like you guys I haven't had a single issue with the Apple maps yet at all, in fact its been great.

Like you guys I haven't had a single issue with the Apple maps yet at all, in fact its been great.

I think it'll come down to the user. It's easy to find faults with every device out there. I should have an iPhone by this weekend Breeze!

I think it'll come down to the user. It's easy to find faults with every device out there. I should have an iPhone by this weekend Breeze!

What's taking you so long

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Trying to buy off contract at a fair price. Love the 5 though and it's hard not to add a line and buy one.

Lol. Trying to buy off contract at a fair price. Love the 5 though and it's hard not to add a line and buy one.
The 4s is pretty sweet too man. I can't wait to facetime you.

The 4s is pretty sweet too man. I can't wait to facetime you.

It sure is. I don't like the screen size but buying off contract is key. Plus the second best camera on a phone out except for the 5. Can't beat that.

It sure is. I don't like the screen size but buying off contract is key. Plus the second best camera on a phone out except for the 5. Can't beat that.
RCGA handicaps are sweet buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back