The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am going to take Friday off of work to sign for them. Right now my order says delivered before 3 and I work till 2. If I am not there, I get the Door Tag of Death. I hate to take a day off to sit around the house.

You cant leave the signature thing on the door or presign?

I guess I am going to take Friday off of work to sign for them. Right now my order says delivered before 3 and I work till 2. If I am not there, I get the Door Tag of Death. I hate to take a day off to sit around the house.

You cant leave the signature thing on the door or presign?
What Kmac said, leave a note on the door saying for them to leave it at the door. Sign the note and date it.

From what I'm reading online from a bunch of other people in the same boat, Fed Ex is doing what's called an indirect signature required. A family member or neighbor can sign for it on your behalf. You can also leave a note at the door saying it's ok for them to leave it there, but it's up to the discretion of the driver to follow it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people driving around on Friday just stalking Fed Ex trucks and seeing who's home and who's not but left a note at the door.

Or what you could do is let them not deliver it, then when you see online that they tried but you weren't home, call and have the package held at the local hub and then you pick it up in person. You'd still have it on Friday and wouldn't have to miss work to get it.

I got an email.

Guess I'll have to keep waiting, what time on Friday did you place your order online at Verizon's website?

I guess I will try the note deal. If not I will drive to the Fedex location.

I don't think they do it anymore.

What Kmac said, leave a note on the door saying for them to leave it at the door. Sign the note and date it.

Did you order from Apple or Verizon? Depends on the shipper, some require in person signature and some you can indirect sign for. I think that's what its called. You should be able to see that on the tracking info I think.

Did you order from Apple or Verizon? Depends on the shipper, some require in person signature and some you can indirect sign for. I think that's what its called. You should be able to see that on the tracking info I think.

I did Verizon.

Im interested in hearing the thoughts on the new Maps program on iOS6. Have been reading some reviews of it, and so far a lot of people are missing google maps.

I find it interesting that Apple chose to go with "Yelp" for their points of interest in their maps program. It seems google will be releasing google maps in the App Store as well, and I am curious if that app will offer navigation that the stock app did not have for so long.

I'm on Verizon though. I can't respond though.

Am I missing something? We must have a special Verizon network here in Hawaii because I send out texts all the time while I'm listening to people blab at me over the speaker phone. Imessage doesn't work as has been mentioned before but that's not the end of the world. It still sends out your message but it just reverts to a regular text on its own before sending.

Tapping from another Galaxy.

Im interested in hearing the thoughts on the new Maps program on iOS6. Have been reading some reviews of it, and so far a lot of people are missing google maps.

I find it interesting that Apple chose to go with "Yelp" for their points of interest in their maps program. It seems google will be releasing google maps in the App Store as well, and I am curious if that app will offer navigation that the stock app did not have for so long.

I am interested in that too. I have heard the turn by turn is good, but the maps are not up to google maps. I didn't know that google maps would be in the app store. That is nice.

One review I read said the one thing they hated was the new maps program.

that stinks. The updated maps system is something I am looking forward to.

that stinks. The updated maps system is something I am looking forward to.
BGR is as Pro-Apple as it comes, so for them to knock it, that says something. Here's a part of the article;
In iOS 6, Apple officially dumps Google (GOOG) Maps for its own homegrown solution. Right off the bat, you’ll see some similarities between the new Maps app and the old one. At first, it’s hard to tell the difference, but I found the vector-based graphics on the new Maps app were able to render maps much quicker than on the old Google-powered app.Zooming in on a location is also noticeably smoother. And while I personally wasn’t happy about the fewer locations listed, the lack of transit times, the inaccuracies for certain directions it gave me or the matter of the search being extremely limited because it mainly uses Yelp to determine points of interest (it seems I’m not alone here), Apple’s new Maps app is usable. It’s not nearly as robust as the old Google-powered app was, though. (It’s worth noting that Google will be releasing its standalone Google Maps app to the App Store very soon.)
Maps is better if you’ve got an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, new iPad or iPod touch (fourth-gen), as owners of those devices will get both turn-by-turn navigation dictated by Siri and 3D flyover capabilities. Android users will be quick to boast about how they’ve had free turn-by-turn navigation for years, but either way, the playing field is now level.

The turn by turn directions is one of the main features I can't wait to try in person. Plus I don't have Siri yet and know I will be addicted soon!!!

No travel times? That's a bummer. I used that feature a lot.

Guys, quick question, we are moving in about a week so I'm holding off on ordering the 5 for a few weeks. We are also going to get a new computer as well. The old computer has our iTunes on it. Once we get the new computer, is there a quick and easy way to transfer our iTunes library over to the new computer?

iOS6 update has hit my phone. Downloading now.

Guys, quick question, we are moving in about a week so I'm holding off on ordering the 5 for a few weeks. We are also going to get a new computer as well. The old computer has our iTunes on it. Once we get the new computer, is there a quick and easy way to transfer our iTunes library over to the new computer?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

I use external HD.

I decided to do the iTunes Match. It is 29.99 a year, but you can get all of your music on the cloud and access it from any of your apple devices. It is pretty convenient so far.

I always thought Google maps was garbage anyway. Not to say the new one will be better. I just buy third party apps for nav so this has no effect on me. Tried Google to navigate a few times when I first got my iPhone and ended up off point almost every time.

Tapping from another Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back