Reaction score
Handicap
#SocialDistancing movie battle poll

The Hunt for Red October
Or
Crimson Tide

Support your vote with the “why”!

I like both, but it’s not close.

Gotta be Red October. Just caught the last thirty minutes of it on cable tonight.

Remember Ryan, some things in here don’t react too well to bullets.
Loved the book and the movie. Took Russian in college largely because of that movie.

Red October and it ain't even close!

Loved the book and the movie. Took Russian in college largely because of that movie.

This might have been the better question: which movies had more star power in it?

Red October for the win.

I love Red October, but damn Denzel and Gene Hackman were awesome

I would vote it a tie between the two movies, but since only two choices are available, I voted for the Crimson Tide. Both are great submarine movies.

I give Crimson Tide the nod, (just barely) because it is closer to an actual, true event than Red October. Red October was also based true events, but not as much as Crimson Tide's plot was.

The ironic part is that some of the events depicted in the Crimson Tide movie actually took place aboard a Russian submarine during the Cuban missile crisis in the early 1960s.

Red October wins it over Crimson Tide for me. Like CT, but Red October is just that extra bit special.

I was in the Navy Reserves when the Red October book came out. Every salty old Chief in our unit was reading it. I also liked the movie better, though Crimson Tide was good too.

Hunt for Red October for me

Big fan of Tom Clancy novels and even though Crimson Tide is slightly newer, I just prefer Red October

Hunt for Red October. Crimson Tide is okay but isn’t close to HRO which has the better story, character development and cinematography. And, no offense to Harrison Ford or John Krazinski (sp?) who are great in the part, Alec Baldwin is the best Ryan. Ben Affleck was terrible.

Big Denzel and Hackman fan but this is October all the way!

"Nu parle Ruskie" or something to that effect ..... "De noga" (y) Red October & it's not even close.

Not. Even. Close. Hunt for Red October all day

#SocialDistancing movie battle poll

The Hunt for Red October
Or
Crimson Tide

Support your vote with the “why”!

SeanConnery is the 🐐

Hackman and Denzel are fantastic but you can’t beat THRO

"Nu parle Ruskie" or something to that effect ..... "De noga" (y)

nemnogo - is a rough pronunciation of "a little". Said more like "Neh-mnogo"

Also, your bonus Russian words of the day....

Hello - pronounced: Zdrahs-vweet-yuh
Thank you - spa-see-bo

Hunt for Red October. Crimson Tide is okay but isn’t close to HRO which has the better story, character development and cinematography. And, no offense to Harrison Ford or John Krazinski (sp?) who are great in the part, Alec Baldwin is the best Ryan. Ben Affleck was terrible.

I agree on Alec Baldwin being the best. I was really disappointed when Harrison Ford was cast and remember not really liking him as Jack Ryan since Alec Baldwin did the part so well.

In case you or anyone else hasn't seen it, here's the making of Hunt For Red October.

Nate: How dare you post the option to choose. It’s the Hunt for Red October and there’s nothing else in it’s league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back