The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 15 year old got his first paycheck as a musician today - $125 for about 2 hours work. We are going to make a color copy and frame it.

A buddy just asked me to join him at the private club they are members of for a 10:00 tee time tomorrow, I said yes and am stoked!

Not often that I play away from my home course since I have a membership but this is a really nice track with large, difficult greens so it will be a good test of my game and how I *think* it is progressing.

Hopefully it won't be as windy tomorrow as it has been today, good luck.

Good news Ary and 2shoes!

Cookie.....where ya playing at?

Hopefully it won't be as windy tomorrow as it has been today, good luck.

Thanks! 19-21 today but only 11-14 predicted for tomorrow. We shall see.

Good news Ary and 2shoes!

Cookie.....where ya playing at?

Great Southwest, one of your sister courses.

Have fun buddy, putt lights out
A buddy just asked me to join him at the private club they are members of for a 10:00 tee time tomorrow, I said yes and am stoked!

Not often that I play away from my home course since I have a membership but this is a really nice track with large, difficult greens so it will be a good test of my game and how I *think* it is progressing.

My father-in-law got discharged from the hospital today. 2 weeks ago, he was admitted for a seizure. My wife got on a plane the next day and has been in Houston the entire time. She's finally coming home tomorrow. I've missed her terribly, but it was more important for her to be there with her family. I talked to my father-in-law on the phone tonight....he's not 100%, but he's happy to be home. Things were pretty scary for a few days, so tonight has been really good, and it will be great to see my wife again tomorrow.

This is good news Ary, glad your Father in law is one the mend and the Mrs. is on her way home.

I haven't been around THP lately other than to lurk some threads like the Morgan Cup Trash Talk, but I'm now just inside a couple weeks from closing the biggest deal of my career. It may be bad luck to say it before it's finalized, but I'm confident that I just landed a 6 figure salesman who I've chased after since I met him and brings what would be the largest lubricants account my company has ever known at a couple of hundred thousand gallons of product a year. He's already thrown some "appetizer" deals my way that are better than most sales we would normally make. So there's my Happy Happy Joy Joy of my life!
Always good to have your hard work payoff. Great job 2shoes!

The restaurant I'm at has wifi. That makes me very happy.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

The restaurant I'm at has wifi. That makes me very happy.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that the golf course has a new owner, it has wifi too. It had it before, but it wasn't public.

Just had draft, now we get NBA playoffs.. Good time of year for sports! (other than opening weekend NFL obviously)

So Cookie, how was the Great Southwest course? Layout? Shape?

So Cookie, how was the Great Southwest course? Layout? Shape?

Outstanding shape. Some of the most pure greens that I have been on that are actually getting punched today. Seems to be a layout that would not get tiring of playing especially when you play from different tee boxes, completely changes several holes going from green to black.

When the greens are rolling good again, we need to get out there.

Outstanding shape. Some of the most pure greens that I have been on that are actually getting punched today. Seems to be a layout that would not get tiring of playing especially when you play from different tee boxes, completely changes several holes going from green to black.

When the greens are rolling good again, we need to get out there.
Good to know! I'll get ya back on when I head down there to play!

My irons are going to be here today. But now come see me in the rant thread.

My irons are going to be here today. But now come see me in the rant thread.
That's brutal, breezy. Wait, wait, wait, then have to go out of town.

Breyers Golden Oreo Cookies N Cream. Game over.

Turned in my 2 week notice today! I will now be officially retired like Ole Gray.

Turned in my 2 week notice today! I will now be officially retired like Ole Gray.

Congrats, but does that mean you have to spend more time around Ole Gray? You might have to rant about that haha

Congratulations, Kelly!

Kelly, you are way to good lookin' to be retired honey!

Congrats, but does that mean you have to spend more time around Ole Gray? You might have to rant about that haha

That's why I quit. I see him more at the golf course than at home so I thought I could get a break by retiring. LOL

Ah, such a relaxing night ahead. Chinese food, ice cream, NBA Playoffs, and occasionally chilling on my porch with music. Very good.

Kelly, you are way to good lookin' to be retired honey!

Yeah right (but thanks sweetie)! I retired 4 years ago after 30 years with the State and thought I would like a little PT job until OG kept coming up there playing golf all the time. I finally said "something is wrong with this picture".

That's why I quit. I see him more at the golf course than at home so I thought I could get a break by retiring. LOL

lmao! Thats awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back