Redowl

Reaction score
Handicap
fast food
Does anyone use The Grint for establishing/monitoring your handicap?
I was just going to sign up for oobgolf, or something similar until I came across this.
It looks like I can get an official handicap without belonging to a club? Does this seem legit/fishy to anyone?

Here is the website: http://www.thegrint.com/

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

R.O.

I went to the USGA Website and looked up The Grint. It seems legit. It says it's a Type 3 club which is the option for internet type of scores. I'm not sure if this will give you a GHIN number that can be looked up, or how this would work for tournament purposes.

http://www.usga.org/HDCPClubLic/detail.asp?clid=33388&Auth=Y

Now that I've looked through that website some more, it looks like they assign you to a Type 3 golf club when you sign up. It makes sense what the website is trying to do, they are helping people make their own Type 3 golf clubs. So you aren't necessarily going to be in "TheGrint" golf club as much as thegrint site is going to either put you in a golf club or help you set one up.

Last edited:
Diablo golf just starting doing the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just started to use TheGrint app for Android and it seems really good. The website looks professional enough with lots of stats to look through.

I like that the website has the ability to see your friends and start your own tour with them. Gonna try to get a few buddies on there and see how it works.

I also emailed the developers to add a few courses that weren't initially available, they were uploaded and available within a few days. So far it's two thumbs up for me.

This is a new one to me, going to read up a bit on it and check it out. Appears to be a free download, so might give the Scorecard part of the app a try.

I have used the Grint in the past. From my recollection you have to take a picture of the scorecard. Nifty little app. Just as a disclaimer I don't use it anymore.

I have used the Grint in the past. From my recollection you have to take a picture of the scorecard. Nifty little app. Just as a disclaimer I don't use it anymore.
Yep, just read that. I was hoping it had a scorecard feature in the app itself, but it does not. That's unfortunate.

Looks like it does have scorecard/stats in the app, but u still have to upload the pic of the paper one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Btw... I bumped up a thread on DiabloGolf too... reads similar to TheGrint so I'm trying to figure out the best option.

Btw... I bumped up a thread on DiabloGolf too... reads similar to TheGrint so I'm trying to figure out the best option.

No worries dude! Great bumps, as these apps are quite beneficial to a lot of people.

I use the grint for my handicap. It is a great program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the grint for my handicap. It is a great program.

Good stuff dude!

How long have you been using it?
Do you use just the app or do you find you need the website as well?

Good stuff dude!

How long have you been using it?
Do you use just the app or do you find you need the website as well?

I've been using it for almost a year now. I use the app sometimes when I'm on the course to keep my scores. If I just forget my phone, I'll just keep my scorecard and input my score later. I've never had to use the scorecard pic portion of the app.

I just got an email to get the Gold membership (GPS + HC) for $14.99 for a year... seems like I should give it a try at that price!!

I also use this for my official handicap. I don't really use it on the course, I just go online after each round and enter my score.

I have found much better apps for scorekeeping and stats but none better for a free, official cap.

I use the grint as well as oob. The grunt seems to use the actual ghin formula whereas oob seems to have more comprehensive stat keeping abilities. I find both useful.

I got that email as well. Gonna look into it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

The Grint

Spark... educate me... it reads like they only do the HC if you subscribe... what do you get for free?

From what I understand is you can use the app to track your score for the first 5 rounds (and get distances?) for free. Then you have to pay to use those features. However if you just want to enter your total score online that remains free.

After a certain number of qualifying rounds are entered (I can't remember the number) and after you join a "club" (free) you can then get you handicap, provided the "club" had a chairman. It looks like there is only one club in my area and it took about a month for someone to become chairman but now I have what they claim is a USGA compliant handicap.

I haven't paid a dime.

So I just entered my score from a few days ago (81) as I had to submit and wait on a course edit. My HCP was 6.3 but after I entered the score it's showing me at 1.6??? It never updates until the 1st or 15th so I'm guessing there is a glitch and on the 15th this will get fixed. I sure dont want to be submitting a 1.6 card anytime soon...

So I just entered my score from a few days ago (81) as I had to submit and wait on a course edit. My HCP was 6.3 but after I entered the score it's showing me at 1.6??? It never updates until the 1st or 15th so I'm guessing there is a glitch and on the 15th this will get fixed. I sure dont want to be submitting a 1.6 card anytime soon...

How many rounds have you entered?

How many rounds have you entered?

25 or so. I'm banking on a glitch of some sort as it has never immediately changed after entering a score. The only other thing I can think of is that I entered the score after the 1st for a round dated before the 1st. May have confused it!

I'm sure it ll work itself out.

Just an update. I emailed customer service and within minutes they fixed it and told me that one of my courses somehow had all the tee boxes wiped out. They even went in and fixed them and had me confirm the correct tee box was chosen.

Problem solved. Super service.

I think the Grint is legit. I postulated myself to be the chairperson of my club. Yesterday I got a letter from the Virginia State Golf Association explaing the active season dates and revision schedule. All for FREE. Good deal on getting a handicap.

Back