Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
We needed a new donut thread. Visiting this place called VooDoo Doughnut

IMG_5850.jpeg
IMG_5851.jpeg
I went with the oh captain my captain
IMG_5854.jpeg

Probably a hot take - Not a big donut guy.

Banana Cream at Voodoo

IMG_6594.jpeg

We have those out here. They are fun but way too much stuff for Me..

Give me plain glazed all day.
We take the kids to a place called Hurts Donuts in Des Moines when we're down there and I feel the same way.

The kids love them, but I'm far more traditional - just give me a few of the basics and I'm happy.

I'm also fine not having a donut most days but they can be good.

I don't eat donuts much anymore, but I'd go here easily and get a dozen.

I just cannot get down with those prices on a basic yeast/glazed donut with a fancy topping.

Cake Donuts are where it is at. Personal favorite? Chocolate with toasted coconut.

Give me a simple glazed fried cinnamon roll. Nothing better than that simple experience.

I quite like their fire in the hole cake donut. Most of Voodoo's donuts are a little too much for me.

Some of those look good

Love the over the top donuts like these. The more stuff on 'em the better!

I tend to like the more traditional ones, not loaded up with all those crazy things.

Also, I now want a donut.....

School Days and Cannoli

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0525.jpeg

I just cannot get down with those prices on a basic yeast/glazed donut with a fancy topping.

Cake Donuts are where it is at. Personal favorite? Chocolate with toasted coconut.
I remember my father and granddad as they were making the cake donuts for our bakery - so so good coming right out of the fryer. Then years later I was the one dropping them in and flipping once they hit the golden brown. #greatmemories.

i'm very basic, i honestly just like a Dunkin Donuts double chocolate....hard to beat that for me

I used to hang out with a young lady named Kass that started a company called Hurt's Donut. I've tried dozens of different variations and toppings at her place. I would rather just have a plain old fluffy glazed donut.

Ive had Voodoo in colorado and florida. They're pretty dang good. Donuts are my weakness so im always looking for cool donut places

I can never wrap my head around how many people like a simple plain glazed donut or think Dunkin Donuts are the best

Give me a simple glazed fried cinnamon roll. Nothing better than that simple experience.
We have a place locally that adds chocolate icing to that and I really like it LOL. More gluttony!!!

i'm very basic, i honestly just like a Dunkin Donuts double chocolate....hard to beat that for me
I'll try the fancy donuts, but I'm the same way. Most mornings that I have to go into the office I hit Dunkin for a coffee and plain glazed donut. It's all simple, but so good.

I'll try the fancy donuts, but I'm the same way. Most mornings that I have to go into the office I hit Dunkin for a coffee and plain glazed donut. It's all simple, but so good.

Dunkin's has been run out of Canada by the Tim Hortons Mafia. But i often get one when i'm in the US. The Hortons donuts are fine but not quite as good

I could probably find a half dozen or so acceptable choices then choose one or two.

When I get donuts at home, they are Shipley's plain glazed, preferably within a few minutes out of the fryer. Cake donuts are good choices as well.

After a paper route, my first job was working at the local Shipley's. I learned to make the dough, cut the donuts, fry them, etc. First day on the job, "you can eat all you want." After a week to 10 days on the job, I no longer had the craving.

Back