The Disney World Thread

Just ordered some for upcoming trip. Not sure what they do but we are trained well by the mouse.

The cheese eater has all of us in his mouse trap.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

David’s vacation club saved us a ton of money staying on property at Disney. Got to stay in DVC villas for a fraction of the cost. Recently stayed in the Grand Floridian. It was a bucket list destination for me. One, that the price was unreasonable going through Disney. Using this points website it made it very tangible.

Our last trip in October my wife and I just used our Apple Watches for everything magic band related. We bought our son a MB+ because they only had a handful of original MBs in stock, mostly only MB+, sure they're phasing out the old ones to only have MB+ going forward. Just the haptics and lighting up during parades for him, really. And they extra $10+ they charge for them vs the original. We didn't go to Galaxy's Edge so can't speak to the use there.

David’s vacation club saved us a ton of money staying on property at Disney. Got to stay in DVC villas for a fraction of the cost. Recently stayed in the Grand Floridian. It was a bucket list destination for me. One, that the price was unreasonable going through Disney. Using this points website it made it very tangible.

Love David's DVC. Have used it many times in both US parks. Still crazy expensive to stay on site, but cheaper than paying Disney for same or lesser room. Just did a savannah view room at Animal Kingdom lodge with them. (y)

The magicband+ are available on Disney cruises starting next week, I was just curious if they were worth the extra $35 a piece.

Love David's DVC. Have used it many times in both US parks. Still crazy expensive to stay on site, but cheaper than paying Disney for same or lesser room. Just did a savannah view room at Animal Kingdom lodge with them. (y)

Yea, on property pricing is nuts, but this really helps.

The magicband+ are available on Disney cruises starting next week, I was just curious if they were worth the extra $35 a piece.

We used them this past October on Disney Wish and at the theme parks. It was more haptic feedback and lighting up during some of the events etc on the boat. When you are at port, they will "charge" the magic band + for you (activate it). They did say that they were expanding it's capabilities.

Another method that is even cheaper is to rent thru a DVC member. We rent points all the time to people staying in a DVC villa property (Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, etc). You can find those renting on disboards . Com.

As for the Magic Band+, one feature I like is the ability to recharge the band vs the older version.

Another method that is even cheaper is to rent thru a DVC member. We rent points all the time to people staying in a DVC villa property (Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, etc). You can find those renting on disboards . Com.

As for the Magic Band+, one feature I like is the ability to recharge the band vs the older version.
INTERESTING!

We’ve been a lot over the last 25 years but now that all of our children are adults it’s not a top choice for a vacation but I’m sure we’ll still visit during off-peak times now that we are wintering in Florida.

We are going to the Disney Aulani resort in March and that is one of our favorite trips. Our two oldest are joining us and we will do some diving and snorkeling and maybe a little golf.

We’ve been a lot over the last 25 years but now that all of our children are adults it’s not a top choice for a vacation but I’m sure we’ll still visit during off-peak times now that we are wintering in Florida.

We are going to the Disney Aulani resort in March and that is one of our favorite trips. Our two oldest are joining us and we will do some diving and snorkeling and maybe a little golf.
Aulani is definitely on the bucket list. Have only heard great things

Aulani was awesome. We went in February. We unleashed our 8 year old on the pools and just chilled in beach lounge chairs the whole time. I golfed once. Food onsite is meh.

Went to Aulani last year. The resort is nice, but doesn’t have that Disney vibe. The people working there are not like cast members in cali or Florida. The island does have a lot to do and see, but understand it’s very commercial, so you don’t feel like you on an island so to say.

Beautiful place to visit, but a one and done for us.

This will be our first time going over Christmas and my birthday. Having a birthday right around Christmas kinda limits what one can do, but we are going to enjoy the crowds and festivities.

I’m at Disney right now standing in line for cookies at Gideon’s. I’ve been coming here regularly since I got married. My tip to anyone who has not been or has not been recently is to use a travel agent. For no cost to you, they can make your life a lot easier.

Will be going to Disney Dec 19 to 24th, any specific tips or things you would suggest knowing how busy I expect it to be. Only going to Epcot one day and Magic Kingdom on the 23rd. Not going to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios this trip.

Back