The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

Way too many clubs to even remember for me. A couple do come to mind though. I bought a PING G410 LS 3 wood and a TaylorMade SIM titanium 3 wood in 2021. The SIM hooked everything off the planet, and the G410 LS just wouldn't stay in the air for me. What I learned from that one is that just because you have high swing speed doesn't necessarily mean you need low spin drivers and woods. I also just relearned that lesson with a Callaway Rogue ST LS triple diamond driver. Same problem, it wasn't carrying far enough because it would just drop out of the sky. I did hit it really straight, though.

Cleveland RTX-3 CB wedges

everything looked good, even hitting around in a store nothing was amiss

once on course, the most horrific feel ever. baaaaaad

I know PING is labeled as being very forgiving but I never thought my BluePrint S irons were going to be as forgiving as they are for being such a compact iron. They may not be the longest but Wow they are the most consistent irons I've hit to date, So I guess really I'm just more surprised than I was wrong.

Last edited:
Too many to list here, but the Taylor Made Original Rocketballz 3 hybrid is probably #1.
It still gets time in the bag occasionally with the hope that “today is the day”!

#2 Every 3W I have ever carried.

Last edited:
Taylormade Speed Blade irons just did not work for me. They are the last irons that I bought after demoing in a store. Have been fit ever since.

SLDR. Up to that point, TM couldn't do anything wrong with drivers. We were one of the first to see it in person and knew literally nothing about the tech. I was so pumped when it showed up and that quickly disappeared on the driving range. It was shocking.

For me it was the Paradym Super Hybrid. The shape does not fit my mind at all and it looks wonky at address. However damn does this club just perform and complete the task for whatever situation I throw at it.

IMG_2969.jpeg

I thought the SLDR was hot garbage...until I moved to a 14*. I never missed with that club, and pounded fades all day with it.

I think I am the only person alive that had success with that stupid club.
I actually hit that quite well. Then moved on to the Epic Flash.

Back