The Club Car Thread

Thats a steel and DS is heavily mod-able.
Another member is moving and will be converting his to Lithium so he said he has 4 batteries that are only a couple years old that he would give me. Thinking I'm going to go ahead and get it.

Another member is moving and will be converting his to Lithium so he said he has 4 batteries that are only a couple years old that he would give me. Thinking I'm going to go ahead and get it.

Do some research ahead of time on that. Not all batteries are compatible and it is not as easy as just dropping them in.

Do some research ahead of time on that. Not all batteries are compatible and it is not as easy as just dropping them in.
Glad you mentioned this. I misread it the other night (might have had a few beers) and they are 4 12V batteries vs. The 6 8V that this one has. I was just read the part for the 48V. I guess I could switch it over but I'm not sure how hard that would be.

I replaced some of the lugs on the battery terminals for the old 1998 Club Car DS I bought and got it running. Now I’m trying to get it to charge but can’t get the battery charger to kick on. I’m hoping it’s just the batteries are too low as that had happened to my dad’s cart before. I’ve hooked up a slow charger directly to one of the batteries to see if I can get enough charge for the cart charger to finally kick on.

When will new club cars become available without ordering?
Outside of those already on a lot, it might be a while. Same with a few other brands

We pulled the trigger on a new Club Car Onward and should have it in a few weeks.

We pulled the trigger on a new Club Car Onward and should have it in a few weeks.
Boring...should have went with the one that included a table.

Boring...should have went with the one that included a table.
With the price of carts now, and me wanting to go Lithium, that 30k price tag scared me away. Otherwise I was all in :ROFLMAO:

With the price of carts now, and me wanting to go Lithium, that 30k price tag scared me away. Otherwise I was all in :ROFLMAO:
I absolutely agree. Daughter wants a six seater now and I responded that ship has sailed when you were adamant we only do a 4 seater. No way I am paying car prices for a golf cart.

I absolutely agree. Daughter wants a six seater now and I responded that ship has sailed when you were adamant we only do a 4 seater. No way I am paying car prices for a golf cart.
And they are going to go higher, due to demand.

You’ll love the Lithium Onward. We love ours.

ill extend it myself...there are kits out there. :ROFLMAO:
We went a little souped up for this one.
Lifted
New Wheels
Tons of Accessories
Performance Package to give us the speed
New Dash

Might have gone overboard haha

Lifted
New Wheels
Tons of Accessories
New Dash

Yep especially when you get stuck behind a slow golf cart that refuses to let you pass...that performance package goes right out the window.

Yep especially when you get stuck behind a slow golf cart that refuses to let you pass...that performance package goes right out the window.
Time to draft and go Cole Trickle. :ROFLMAO:

Lifted
New Wheels
Tons of Accessories
New Dash

Big speaker in store for you as seen at PGA Show?

congrats on the new community whip! Can you get coffee in your community?

Big speaker in store for you as seen at PGA Show?

congrats on the new community whip! Can you get coffee in your community?
I am debating it for sure. It was impressive.
And yes. It is used like a car would be.

I came here to see if you went the lithium route. I think its a great choice.

I came here to see if you went the lithium route. I think its a great choice.
We did go Lithium. And while I think EZ Go lithium is superior and can be doubled and tripled, the LG is still solid

I am debating it for sure. It was impressive.
And yes. It is used like a car would be.
The Ecoxgear is the way to go in my opinion.
We did go Lithium. And while I think EZ Go lithium is superior and can be doubled and tripled, the LG is still solid
The price on the EZ GO lithium can make your eyes water.

The Ecoxgear is the way to go in my opinion.

The price on the EZ GO lithium can make your eyes water.
Club Car was too haha.
EZGO has 8 year warranty which is nice. Club Car is 6.

We probably at some point need a Lithiul thread haha

Club Car was too haha.
EZGO has 8 year warranty which is nice. Club Car is 6.

We probably at some point need a Lithiul thread haha
I was just taking about selling my ICON and moving to a Li cart with a buddy of mine yesterday based upon some of the pictures you posted from the PGA show. but at some point I need to consider the utility of this thing and whether increasing the spend makes sense. I thought my ICON was a splurge at the time and now I can easily spend twice what I did. Am I getting twice the enjoyment?

Back to topic, that Club Car you picked is really sweet. I still think its a good value when I was playing with the configurations, especially being a name brand domestic cart.

I was just taking about selling my ICON and moving to a Li cart with a buddy of mine yesterday based upon some of the pictures you posted from the PGA show. but at some point I need to consider the utility of this thing and whether increasing the spend makes sense. I thought my ICON was a splurge at the time and now I can easily spend twice what I did. Am I getting twice the enjoyment?

Back to topic, that Club Car you picked is really sweet. I still think its a good value when I was playing with the configurations, especially being a name brand domestic cart.
That is the million dollar question. Our neighborhood allows it as use for a vehicle, meaning going to stores, restaurants, etc.

The one area i really changed my tune on was brand and sticking with one that had a parts pipeline. We had no issues with our icon, but every one of those brands (and there are about 15 now) that are the same cart with different logo are tough on parts.

I’m hopeful this section of the forum continues to grow as I love talking about all kinds of carts and think I have researched and spoken to every brand out there now

Back