The Car Shopping Thread

I've sadly given up on the car search...for now :confused: Need to focus on other things like christmas presents haha

Honda CR-V vs. Toyota RAV4 that is the question for a friend
Meh on both but probably the crv since it's bigger so more room

Arent they both about 180 inches?
Crv is longer has like 3 inches more legroom for rear passengers. also has more storage/cargo room

Crv is longer has like 3 inches more legroom for rear passengers. also has more storage/cargo room
I see that now. 1" longer roughly.
2.5" more for rear passengers and 1.5" less for front passengers.

So.....who's getting a CyberTruck?

200.gif

I've sadly given up on the car search...for now :confused: Need to focus on other things like christmas presents haha
The right time will happen. I am ready for a new car, but it's not the right time for me either.

Yep, you've got to get the full crew. That was one must have with 2 kids.
Yeah and I have 3 that ride with me daily, oldest is approaching 10.

This is the MegaCab, at 6'2 300 pounds I felt comfortable in the back seat.

The only thing I'm questioning right now is do I need the Cummins?

Yeah and I have 3 that ride with me daily, oldest is approaching 10.

This is the MegaCab, at 6'2 300 pounds I felt comfortable in the back seat.

The only thing I'm questioning right now is do I need the Cummins?
Depends more on what you do. Do you need the power (and reliability - I've heard)?

I have a 2.7 eco boost and I'll haul a few thousand pounds at most, so I don't see the need for an oversized engine for me. My truck is one of those, every few months we'll take a trip where it would be handy and it'll be nice to have a bed rather than a trunk sort of trucks. We don't have a 5th wheel or travel trailer and all of the trailers and boats my dad has can be pulled by my old Colorado or his Tacoma so I'm not in need of that kind of power.

6'3" 260ish - I am comfortable in the back of my crew as well, plenty of headroom and plenty of leg room. I'm sure you would be happy with either selection.

Meh on both but probably the crv since it's bigger so more room
Not at all concerned about a couple inches of room

My car got totaled in a minor accident last week.
On Tuesday I bought a new SUV with much help from @snafu.

LmpwZw

Today I picked my new vehicle up!!
Mine is all black
It's the first new car I have had in over 20 years.

Depends more on what you do. Do you need the power (and reliability - I've heard)?

I have a 2.7 eco boost and I'll haul a few thousand pounds at most, so I don't see the need for an oversized engine for me. My truck is one of those, every few months we'll take a trip where it would be handy and it'll be nice to have a bed rather than a trunk sort of trucks. We don't have a 5th wheel or travel trailer and all of the trailers and boats my dad has can be pulled by my old Colorado or his Tacoma so I'm not in need of that kind of power.

6'3" 260ish - I am comfortable in the back of my crew as well, plenty of headroom and plenty of leg room. I'm sure you would be happy with either selection.
Yeah, I don't really need diesel, I only tow a small horse trailer and a s×s but we have been talking campers.

But, I've looked across Montana, as far as I'm willing to drive anyway, and there isn't a gas mega cab I can find.

They got to where I wanted to be on the truck...waiting on a number for my Warlock trade in.

I love vehicle shopping I like the haggle part of it and when I’m not in the mood I just tell them to get the gm. Even in this market I’m under retail out the door including tax title and tags @PatsFan im glad I could help

Just need to work out a deal for my car otherwise this bad boy is going to be mine. I love this color but white is still creeping in the back of my mind

IMG_5370.jpeg

Well, I never thought I'd come close spending this much on a truck, but it checks all the boxes.

The giant chrome Laramie mirrors are hideous in person. They are going to swap them to a black set off the Big Horn. I won't lose heated or dimming features either. I love the fold flat rear seats, extra room, and sunroof though.

I'll pick it up next week after the running boards for the kids and a set of Cooper Rugged Trex get installed. Then it'll go in for tint and a spray in liner.
f4aff69336c8accf0fd6c43ff7376342.jpg

For the past 8 years I have enjoyed driving the Mazda CX-5 , and four times now I've traded in a 2 to 3 year old one for new, most recently this past Saturday. All of mine have been the same Mazda Soul Red color. Mostly what I like about the CX-5 is its suspension-handling drive characteristics; nimble and fun.

My car got totaled in a minor accident last week.
On Tuesday I bought a new SUV with much help from @snafu.

LmpwZw

Today I picked my new vehicle up!!
Mine is all black
It's the first new car I have had in over 20 years.
I hope no one was injured in the accident and congratulations on your new vehicle.

Tesla is absurd. Give you one day to pick up a car. Then change that day several times. Including 3 days before you were scheduled for pick up. Don’t care if you are out of the country that day they will cancel the order if you are not there. After waiting 5 months almost. Crazy.

Tesla is absurd. Give you one day to pick up a car. Then change that day several times. Including 3 days before you were scheduled for pick up. Don’t care if you are out of the country that day they will cancel the order if you are not there. After waiting 5 months almost. Crazy.
Are they ******* kidding?

Ice T Wow GIF by Law & Order

For the past 8 years I have enjoyed driving the Mazda CX-5 , and four times now I've traded in a 2 to 3 year old one for new, most recently this past Saturday. All of mine have been the same Mazda Soul Red color. Mostly what I like about the CX-5 is its suspension-handling drive characteristics; nimble and fun.
Mazdas are driver's cars. Plain and simple. Every single one. They have been for decades. I've had five Mazdas in the past 27 years and have driven many, many more, and they've all been great to drive.

Take it from me, Mazdas are great cars. I've been driving Mazdas for the past 19 years and I've owned two of them.

We kicked some tires, test drove and dangled a carrot. I’m not a haggle to death guy and understand the dealership needs to make a profit, but if we can find common ground on the number my wife might have her Christmas present next week.

IMG_8315.jpeg

I made an appt for ceramic tints to get done on the maverick, seeming adding 38% I think to the back to darken them a little and 18% up front, and the windshield I think 50%

I still have the option to just get carbon on the front windows and windshield and save myself 200 bucks, but the perks of ceramic tint are appealing. Even though it's hot up here just 3 or 4 months, the car is parked outside, and with 2 kids to be in the car the IR protection is appealing..

Anyone ever had both carbon and ceramic in vehicles and can give any feedback?

Back